India-Forums

Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan
Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan

"When I reached to Pakistan" Juhi (KumKum

Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 5:58am | IP Logged

Actress Juhi (KumKum) has returned to India. Talking about all those pleasant memory that how she reached to Pakistan. She said that my flight was on 23rd December 2004. But one day I came to know that there is some problem in my veeza. And Pakistani Embassy in Delhi hasn't issued my veeza. I have made all my programs  that what would I do when I will reach to Pakistan and on the mean time I came to know that may be I can't go there. I prayed to Bhagwan "don't do it to meā€¦Stop me to go to any other place but don't stop me to go to Pakistan" And at last they issued my Veeza .

Producer gave me a choice to stay in Pakistan that either I can stay in a hotel or in an Army Defense Club. But they told me that if I will leave in a hotel so I will not be alone while staying in an Army Defense Club we can control the people and they will not bother you very much. So I choose ADC. After staying in club for a moment I decided to go to Set. On the way I saw a big Hawali. I thought that it is a Library or a museum. Because I haven't thought in my dreams that it can be a house of some one. When I reached on the Set it was a big bungalow of some one. There was also a garden in it. In the center of the garden there was a big fowara. And the things which were kept inside that was too expensive. There (Pakistan) style of shooting is very different from ours. Comparing to them, we do shooting on large scale. They haven't system of Mixer and Sound recording. On first night when I was doing my first scene and director said "Q". So I waited that who will say "Q" now and I will start acting. But it didn't happened and the I understand when they will say "Q" so it will mean "Action". They use "Action" for movies and "Q" for television. After my first scene I wanted to see my shot. But there equipments were too limited. They have one mike, one monitor and camera. We (India)  have different mikes for every one and many monitors. So every thing was in limit. They have strange schedule of shooting. On the first night we shot just two scenes and stop working at 1:00 a.m. I started shooting from 9:00 p.m. because I reached there at 8:00 p.m. Later I became very happy coz the shift was from 11:00 p.m. On 26 December in the morning at 10:30 when I became ready I start waiting for the producer that he will come and will take me. He came at 11:00 p.m. and asked me if I am hungry and wanted some thing to eat so, we can eat on the way. I told him that we will have to start shooting at 11:00 p.m. but he was satisfactory and I was sad.

At last we reached on the sat at 12:30. There was no one who was afraid. Then I came to know that there whenever actor wants he can come. There is no call time or shift time. They tell to each other that at what time they want to come.

There are no delivery dead lines in Pakistan. They recorded their episodes and sell it to any channel of their choice. It is a series of 13 or 26 episodes and after this they story ends. These are not soaps which continuous for a long time. It is a ready-made product, that's why they are not afraid. My schedule of eating was totally disturbed. Because we do shooting on 1:30 and the time of meal was at 3:30 or at 4:00 p.m. and like this we will eat dinner at 1:00 a.m. which was totally madness.

On 27 December I reached on the set at 7:00 p.m. in the evening. I was adjusting to work on these timings. But I would like to tell some thing about the meals over there which are very tasty for "GHOSHTKHOR". Humayun and his wife Sameena and his sister Sana have promised me that they will serve me a new dish every day. So the first dish was chicken baryani.

In India while in shootings we do breakfast (snakes). (I don't know why she has used breakfast here). And there we eat lunch at 5:00 p.m. so at 8:00 p.m.  that when will breakfast come so they asked me in surprise that what is breakfast? They haven't any idea of breakfast. They said that breakfast is what we do in the morning. The production team asked me that what would I like to eat. I wanted to do joke with him so I asked him that is Idli available. He can't understand that what he can reply. Then I asked will I get some Poha. He replied No. then I asked that there will be Ampa. When he hear this I became afraid and told me that I haven't hear these names. There was on shop near to us where Mumbai chat was available so for the next two days brought chat for me from there.

On 28 December, I find sometime to go for shopping. When producer told me that I must go in a Burqa coz no one will recognize me like this. But I want to wear the dress which was up to my knees. I was an aware of this that I am in Pakistan. I saw some one there in a suit and I was thinking that people will wear this type of dress too. When I reached to shopping mall people came around me. The owner of shopping mall gave me three security guards. One man recognized me and he start shouting to me KumKum KumKum. They want to shake hands with me so that they can tell that this is really me. I didn't gave any autograph there coz there was too much people. And if I will give autograph to anyone so then I would have to give it too all who were there.

The incident of 30th December is well remembered to me.  My co-star humayun is acting since last 9 years. He is one of the big star of Pakistan. He told me that from last 9 years my mother hasn't stepped on the sets. Because she don't likes to come on shootings. And she is women of very strong thoughts. But she wanted to come on Set to meet KumKum. Humayun told me that in these last 9 years it was my dream that my mother came on shooting once. She came on the Set next day and told me that I haven't come on the sets. I came on the set to meet you coz you are my favorite actress. She gave me too much love and respect. One senior actor Shakeel Sahib told me that if I want anything so I can ask. Just remember that you are between you own people. Hearing this I became very happy. Humayun, and his wife Sameena and his sister Sana sent Paan and Seikh Kabab for me.

31st December was the last day of our shooting. And we were doing shooting in the night.  On that day we were shooting in the jail. When we finished shooting so there were 8000 men outside of the jail. We were shooting in Karachi jail for one and the half hours. We finished shooting about 1:30 a.m. at that time a big crowd of people were standing outside the jail and was watching our shooting. At that time Police took us from there in safety. One police car was ahead of us and one was behind us. At that time I was thinking myself as V.V.I.P. I started my new year in Jail.

I saw first rise on new year sun in Pakistan and first fall of it in India. This is what I will never forget.

The flight of Pakistan International Airline (PIA) to Mumbai was one and the half hours. One thing I would like to say that their Airport was far better then ours.

Edited by Ibad - 22 February 2005 at 6:10am

reem Groupbie
reem
reem

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 6:05am | IP Logged

what name of this programe

Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reem

what name of this programe

It wansn't a program. I read it in a magzine.
*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 7:17am | IP Logged

Nice interview thnks for posting it!

mere_pyaar Goldie
mere_pyaar
mere_pyaar

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
thanx for sharing!
*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 23 February 2005 at 8:22am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
damsel111 IF-Rockerz
damsel111
damsel111

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 5:22am | IP Logged
whts the name of that drama shes cuming in i ave heard it resembles "kumkum" but hussain isnt thereCry hehe
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 10:26am | IP Logged

Thanx 4 the interview Ibad!!

Embarrassed

Go to top