Murder 2 Posters are Too Bold for West-Bengal

Posted: 12 years ago

Forthcoming movie, Murder 2 is set to release 8th July, however the movie is already facing problems in West Bengal.

Although the television promos have released featuring Emraan Hashmi and Jacqueline Fernandez in the main leads, the film's posters are causing concern.

The West Bengal Board of Censorship has asked for Jacqueline Fernandez's cleavage to be covered and Emraan Hashmi has to get his chest painted if their posters have to be exhibited in Bengal.

?Distributor of the movie, Pritam Jalan tells us more, 'I had submitted 11 designs to the Board for approval. Only two very tame posters of the movie have got the nod. While some of them have been outright rejected, I have been asked to paint Emraan's chest in one design where he is standing in front of Jacqueline. I had not submitted any bikini photos or frontal exposure of my cast. My designs are not obscene but are sensual and artistic. In all the designs, the girl is wearing a regular outfit, such as short skirts, and this is usually worn nowadays by girls in colleges too.'?

However, what's left the producers confused is the fact the movie can be viewed in Bengal but not the posters.

To which the West Bengal Board of Censorship argued saying, 'We have disapproved three posters and amendments have been suggested for the rest. It is up to the West Bengal government to decide whether they should reconsider the relevance of this Act in today's day and age. We are only carrying out our responsibility and following the Act.'

Do you agree with the West Bengal Board of Censorship or are they being too harsh?

By Neha Bhatt
lol they should watch his songs.
You can tell this film is going to be a hit. Even if it's crap...it's still going to be a hit ðŸ˜†
Don't know. his kissing and sex acts don't make film hit, or else ashiq banaya app nay, janat and murder would be a big hit. lol
^^I thought murder was a hit? Dunno about Jannat and Ashiq banaya (not sure who made those) but Murder 2 will probably do well cuz I don't think there's been a film lately with all the smooches and chipkupan
I like all his movies.. lol because of their story, I swear.
I have not watched a single Emran hashmi movie in my entire life. What is his appeal anyway? 
^His appeal: Mahesh Bhatt's nephew ðŸ˜•
Originally posted by Sheldon_Bazinga

^His appeal: Mahesh Bhatt's nephew ðŸ˜•

Is that it? I mean I see a lot of members drooling over him here. So was just wondering. 
Originally posted by Dexterphile

Is that it? I mean I see a lot of members drooling over him here. So was just wondering. 

I took a wild guess, because I don't know what people see in him.