Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

What is the point of getting married? (Page 2)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Other than LOVE,KIDS,SEX & MONEY...,,,,,.Some Experianced people says :-

man loses his bachelor's degree . and the woman gets her master's...

if it weren't for marriage, we men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all...

Marriage is like a late night phone call... You get a ring and then you wake up.

Marriage: finding that special someone you want to annoy the rest of your life ...

...can mate in captivity.

...divorces are caused by marriage.

&

Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferredApprove

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Euterperekhab25veil_of_rosesprc_fan1

epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Now that is tricky, eh?
I dun feel it is customary to get married.
Marriage is an aesthetic satisfaction to some, whilst some have really 'rooted' marital values. 

I mean, a drive to the court and a gala time with your witnesses in the marriage registrar's office is always a better option than entertaining a dozen uncles with Black Label while they could just prefer something 'lighter' and maybe some peanuts. It nauseates me, and I come down to the same question as yours, what is the point in getting married? 

My mother is chivalrous, I tell you and my father, a hopeless martyr. Stern Smile
anu-radha Senior Member
anu-radha
anu-radha

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 9:42am | IP Logged
srry...wrng post

Edited by vidusha - 04 July 2011 at 4:27am
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Summer3

Marriage is supposed to be a partnership that works well and saves one from loneliness. There is a trade off and some personal freedom has to be sacrificed.
Guess kids will make you understand love better.

Summerji...its ur partner and not the marriage which saves u from lonliness...a committed partner will be by ur side whether u are married or not...

I agree. If marriage saves one from loneliness, the pope surely is the loneliest man on earth. You can be married forever and still be lonely. Its the company of good friends and family that keeps us company, and you don't always need marriage for that.

I don't care what people do with their lives, whom they sleep with, whom they live with. What matters is that people treat everyone with respect and compassion.

Marriage means nothing to me, but commitment sure as hell does mean a ton.

But if you say "I'm in love with you, I want to be with you" and sleep with someone, then you gosh darn it marriage or not, being with that person should be number one priority.

More importantly if you have a child and decide to keep it, then gosh darn it, marriage or not, single or together or however, that child is the number one thing in your life and everything comes second after the child.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

vena.cava.veil_of_rosesRapierslumgod.aanyakunatfriends_rockmonarSummer3blue-ice

vena.cava. Senior Member
vena.cava.
vena.cava.

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Personally I feel the term or label if you will of being or getting 'married' holds so many positions on its own its countless.  Marriage to most people I know means settling into a comfortable life and routine, eventually having kids and remaining faithful to your partner and living that way for life.  Marriage is just a term with a bazillion connotations to describe a couple that should be committed to each other.  So here's what I think: if you are in a relationship and have been committed to each other, love one another and what not is it absolutely necessary for you to get married?  I don't think so.  If you love and respect each other, are faithful and committed and will continue to be so there's no reason why you should be married, because technically you are.  I know of people of older and more conservative values who feel that being 'married'  allows for more, in a sense, freedom to explore your partner.  It allows for having kids, or losing your virginity without being frowned upon.  But regardless of if you are married or not, shouldn't it ultimately come down to how much you and your partner understand, respect and most importantly, love each other?  Being in a relationship means  all these things and more regardless of whether you're married or not.  So to conclude I guess, I personally feel marriage isn't important so long you've got the foundations of a strong relationship. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesJugnu_244blue-ice

blue-ice IF-Stunnerz
blue-ice
blue-ice

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaafiristani

To not have bas***d children i guess
Excuse me??
Children are never bas***ds...they are gifts...
The losers who can make a baby but cannot take the responsibility for the same should always keep the fly of their pants zipped upDead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monar

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Marriage means nothing to me, but commitment sure as hell does mean a ton.

But if you say "I'm in love with you, I want to be with you" and sleep with someone, then you gosh darn it marriage or not, being with that person should be number one priority.

More importantly if you have a child and decide to keep it, then gosh darn it, marriage or not, single or together or however, that child is the number one thing in your life and everything comes second after the child.
A certain Prince Siddharth who was married and had a child left them both along with his kingdom in his pursuit of "enlightenment". He later became well known as the Buddha- the enlightened one. What would you say about his priorities and commitments?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rabees011aanyakunatmonar

slumgod. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top