Debate Mansion

What is the point of getting married? (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 13

Page 1 Page 12
Page   of 13

famzii05

IF-Rockerz

famzii05

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
marriage is a big respnsibility!! well i guess one day or another you want to settle down and live a responsible life? if you have a partner but ur not married ur relationship holds less value because ur not tied to promises, trust and all. when you have kids, they would be illegitimate children! and what the point in arguing, some poeple marry, some dont!! marriage is all about trust, love and respnsibility!! u cant just be in relationship that you know one day it will end! in a marriage you make it work, there are ups and downs...u work together, as a team to make this realtionship of your sucessful... and when ur not married theres no sense of bonding...you might be with one person one day, another person another day...i am in favour of marriage! and you get married also to produce offspring! haha (no offense intended here)...this is entirely my opinion!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is the point of getting married? (Page 13)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

FingerFetish

IF-Rockerz

FingerFetish

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Call me old fashioned, typical, cheesy or the ultimate Cinderella but I like the thought of Marriage. Despite the wastage of money, the stress of finding a wedding dress and the good old narrowing 700 guests into 300 (Causing many ladies to huff in offense for not being chosen to attend) - All of those factors will personally be worth it when I walk down that aisle, in my damn perfect white dress (Wanted to wear black but my mum almost fainted. How can I explain that black makes me look slimmer!), with the little children guiding my way by throwing red rose petals on the ground. The Kodak moment will be when my husband stands at the end of that aisle, his face brightening when he marks my entrance and he would say to himself 'Damn I'm one lucky man'. ROFL

Okay dreams apart. I find myself more comfortable and secure with the notion that my husband and I have established and formally named our relationship to the world, to ourselves and in God's eyes. This does not mean that live in relationships or even boyfriend/girlfriend relationships are any different. To each to their own. If I find a guy whom I can willingly share my life with - I would marry him within seconds.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroShaily.veil_of_rosesJugnu_244friends_rock

Heart

Heart

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

Marriage obviously bring happiness to some, but not everyone.  Single people are also happy.  What is the point of getting married?  Sure, you have a life partner.  But, it has to be someone you know really well and are comfortable with.  Arranged marriage fails miserably in this day and age.  Only love marriages are successful, but not always.  The divorce rate is so high then it was 10 or 15 years ago.

Please share your thoughts.  Is there a point to marriage?   Shocked

At a certain point in life, everyone will want to settle down.. to be with someone and that is the point of being married. When you know that you love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with that person, and you want to have kids with that person.. you want to get married! Yes, I agree it has to be someone you are comfortable with; someone who understands you and someone you know you can't live without.. 
Well, I don't think all the arranged marriages fail miserably; there are people I know.. with extremely successful arranged marriage.. So nope, it doesn't fail all the time, though I feel that love marriage is more suitable. I mean, you know that guy and you love him.. and you two decide to get married when you know that you can't live without each other. IDK why the divorce rates are so high though.. Maybe it is due to miscommunications. Everyone is so busy in their respective lives now days.. that they hardly get any time to spend together. That definitely creates misunderstandings. So, yeah.. that's my take on marriage! Yeah, there is definitely a point to marriage.. but only with the right person, and at the right moment! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroveil_of_rosesfamzii05Jugnu_244

Post Reply New Post

Go to top