anu-radha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
srry...wrng postEdited by vidusha - 12 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: blue-ice

Summerji...its ur partner and not the marriage which saves u from lonliness...a committed partner will be by ur side whether u are married or not...

I agree. If marriage saves one from loneliness, the pope surely is the loneliest man on earth. You can be married forever and still be lonely. Its the company of good friends and family that keeps us company, and you don't always need marriage for that.

I don't care what people do with their lives, whom they sleep with, whom they live with. What matters is that people treat everyone with respect and compassion.

Marriage means nothing to me, but commitment sure as hell does mean a ton.

But if you say "I'm in love with you, I want to be with you" and sleep with someone, then you gosh darn it marriage or not, being with that person should be number one priority.

More importantly if you have a child and decide to keep it, then gosh darn it, marriage or not, single or together or however, that child is the number one thing in your life and everything comes second after the child.
vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Personally I feel the term or label if you will of being or getting 'married' holds so many positions on its own its countless.  Marriage to most people I know means settling into a comfortable life and routine, eventually having kids and remaining faithful to your partner and living that way for life.  Marriage is just a term with a bazillion connotations to describe a couple that should be committed to each other.  So here's what I think: if you are in a relationship and have been committed to each other, love one another and what not is it absolutely necessary for you to get married?  I don't think so.  If you love and respect each other, are faithful and committed and will continue to be so there's no reason why you should be married, because technically you are.  I know of people of older and more conservative values who feel that being 'married'  allows for more, in a sense, freedom to explore your partner.  It allows for having kids, or losing your virginity without being frowned upon.  But regardless of if you are married or not, shouldn't it ultimately come down to how much you and your partner understand, respect and most importantly, love each other?  Being in a relationship means  all these things and more regardless of whether you're married or not.  So to conclude I guess, I personally feel marriage isn't important so long you've got the foundations of a strong relationship. 
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: kaafiristani

To not have bas***d children i guess

Excuse me??
Children are never bas***ds...they are gifts...
The losers who can make a baby but cannot take the responsibility for the same should always keep the fly of their pants zipped up🤢
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Marriage means nothing to me, but commitment sure as hell does mean a ton.

But if you say "I'm in love with you, I want to be with you" and sleep with someone, then you gosh darn it marriage or not, being with that person should be number one priority.

More importantly if you have a child and decide to keep it, then gosh darn it, marriage or not, single or together or however, that child is the number one thing in your life and everything comes second after the child.

A certain Prince Siddharth who was married and had a child left them both along with his kingdom in his pursuit of "enlightenment". He later became well known as the Buddha- the enlightened one. What would you say about his priorities and commitments?
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Read this shocking news

Jul 4, 2011

Woman who spurned advances killed by home-made bomb

THINKING that a parcel she received was from a matchmaking centre, a 27-year-old worker at a candle-making factory opened it, but a home-made bomb blew up in her face, killing her instantly, Tamil Nesan reported.

The incident occurred in the southern Indian territory of Pondicherry at about 3.30pm on June 28, the paper said.

Police nabbed D. Arunagiri, the 32-year-old owner of the factory, a day later and charged him with the murder of the woman, identified as P. Jyothi.

Arunagiri had allegedly sent the parcel to her after she rejected his sexual advances.

Senior Supt V. Chandran said Arunagiri knew a bit about electronics and manufactured the bomb.

He concealed it in a parcel and sent it to the victim's house by courier, marking the sender as 'Anbu from Cuddalore', who runs a matchmaking centre and had been engaged by the victim's father to find a groom for her.

my_view thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: goneforever

.  Arranged marriage fails miserably in this day and age.  Only love marriages are successful, but not always. 

@goneforawhile ...Perhaps Indian marriages would not happen if it weren't for Tea.!
In both cases it all starts with a cup of tea. Someone wants company to have tea with... 
At least that is what I think when I hear this song..

Shayad meri shaadi ka khayal
Dil mein aaya hein
Issi liye Mummy ne meri
Tumhe Chai pe bulaya hein 
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Summerji...its ur partner and not the marriage which saves u from lonliness...a committed partner will be by ur side whether u are married or not...

Yep. Basically the nature of man and woman though different works pretty well when division of labour is considered.😆

The losers who can make a baby but cannot take the responsibility for the same should always keep the fly of their pants zipped up🤢

It is not always guys who are the problem. Plenty of women out there too who have babies without knowing the responsibilities.

Originally posted by: angie.4u

A certain Prince Siddharth who was married and had a child left them both along with his kingdom in his pursuit of "enlightenment". He later became well known as the Buddha- the enlightened one. What would you say about his priorities and commitments?

I'd say his priorities and commitments were messed up and he wronged his family. No one is all perfect or all flawed. Buddha maybe a revered and respected saint, but he was wrong in abandoning his family. If "enlightenment" is one's priority and it will come at the expense of family, then one should not marry and have kids. There are plenty of people who don't marry or have kids because they have other priorities in life.

Although in Buddha's defense, the times were different and marriage was often mandatory. But his actions are inexcusable.