India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

The Eyes are the mirror of the Soul...

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 4:45am | IP Logged

If there is a look of human EYES that tells of perpetual loneliness.......then those eyes are of DK! My views on the pair of eyes which seem to burn into the audiences souls (ok, I am dramatizing a little bit here, but this is just to drive the point home)

DK's eyes seem to reflect every possible human emotion that can be expressed in human terms! From cold rage, to obsessive madness, from deep agony to repressed joy, from loathful hating to lilting love, from a self-pitying melancholy to immense pride, those eyes say it all...............

Eyes most certainly are the mirror of the soul, they give out everything yet hold back so much in them......I think it shows the immense calibre of an actor who can emote with such eloquency & articulacy just through a pair of eyes!

Not much of a topic to post, but since I keep raving about the magic he creates through his eyes & since most of you seem to agree, so just popped in my thoughts!

Please do post your views on what you think of DK's eyes!

Cheers,

Disha

tvfreak Newbie
tvfreak
tvfreak

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Hi Disha,

Yeah, you are right. Ashish gives such a powerful performance by looking so calm and serene. Just remembered performers like sunny deol they are so loud and over-dramatic. When it comes to showing emotions like anger or rage all they do is scream till their lungs tear apart or use some loud body-language  which is so irritating sometimes. I fully agree that eyes speak volumes of how you feel at heart and DK uses this to his full advantage. 
I am sure he is going to go places with his acting skills.
AALIYAH786 Goldie
AALIYAH786
AALIYAH786

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 5:51am | IP Logged

DUSHANK KUMAR SEGHAL

HIS EYES ARE SO APPEALING, HE LOOKS AT DISHA AS THOUGH HE WANTS TO EAT HER UP WITH HER EYES, HIS EYES ARE HONEY COLOUR, ARE THEY REAL OR ARE THEY CONTACT LENS???????????????

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 7:20am | IP Logged

Yupe.. his eyes are so expressively shown.. no matter, there is more close ups of him than anybody else's in the serial..

but when I have seen Ashish off Disha role, his eyes are quite flirtious.. and fun filled!!

But this guys really knows how to use his eyes... for all the emotions he is showing in the serial.. oh my god.. that ROMANTIC promo on the tv... his eyes emotes soooooooo much Romance.. even when they are closed!!!!

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 10:37am | IP Logged

They are indeed lovely, and wouldn't it be nice to get lost in those eyes for awhile? Embarrassed

I would say that it is a difference in acting technique, and Ashish has done well with it. Eyes show feelings, and when an actor is FEELING a character, it will naturally come out in the eyes. Some actors do not take this approach, and it shows. Rather than just imitating what you think the character would be moving and looking like, you "become" the character, you feel and think as they would. Then it comes off more natural- so long as you have the capability to imagine and understand to some degree what other people in their different lives and situations may be going through internally. Some people have this ability, and some do not.

That Pisces intuitiveness you mentioned once, Disha, may be coming in handy...

-DKaddict

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 10:39am | IP Logged

The eyes are the mirror of the soul (Les Yeux Sont le miroir de l'ame -french proverb ) well said Disha.

I always beleived that  eyes can always say and express much more than your mouth.

DK eyes though not one of the most outstanding eyes, are definately one of the most expressive eyes, he does not need to speak a word but just looking at his expression of his eyes they speak volumes as in Rage or anger, or wheather he is expressing his love and lust for Di, his winning streak , or being helpless in jail or loss,  every human emotion has been expressed so well. It speaks in great deapth about his talent of acting, he has a very bright future ahead of him. I just hope our bollywood producers do recognize  his talent and hope because of his unconventional looks he does not get reduced to playing villain or insignificant roles.

He really is a true actor the likes of Dilip Kumar, Guru Dutt, Sanjeev Kumar to name a few of bygone era.

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 10:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tvfreak

Hi Disha,

Yeah, you are right. Ashish gives such a powerful performance by looking so calm and serene. Just remembered performers like sunny deol they are so loud and over-dramatic. When it comes to showing emotions like anger or rage all they do is scream till their lungs tear apart or use some loud body-language  which is so irritating sometimes. I fully agree that eyes speak volumes of how you feel at heart and DK uses this to his full advantage. 
I am sure he is going to go places with his acting skills.

Oh, dear! I love Sunny Deol! Please give him a break... I know he over-does it sometimes, but I can't help thinking it is not so much of a personal decision as it is that he get stuck doing it because that is what they cast him to do! Sometimes actors are at the mercy of directors and producers and such... I have to give him the benefit of the doubt since I've seen him in so many lovely scenes where the acting was just right. And when he gets a-hollerin, it is usually accompanied by some over-done, unrealistic fighting, explosions, and what-not. That is more of a script problem, so then I would imagine that he is just playing the unrealistic (at that point, anyhow) part that has been given to him! Actors do not always have complete control, you know.

I would compare it to a certain other actor's repetitive cry-baby routine- and this particular person is loved for that! People get type-casted, ya know...

-DKaddict

P.S. apologies for the tyraid- just struck a nerve, I guess...

jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

dk's eyes speak a thousand words .

nowadays in tv the actors use their eyes to cry and nothing else but dk is an exception to them,it shows  that ashish has very well got into the shoes of dk.

Go to top