Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Janet-

Goldie

-Janet-

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 2:59am | IP Logged
I mean get that she is from Lucknow and that she is desi type and all that is great! But, she is educated, right? Just coz she chooses not to speak in English does not mean doesn't know how to! also, even though she recorded the dictation, she still needs to know English to type it out!

So, when Arnav said "toh tumhe English aati hai," why does she say "nahi toh"?

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

snowwhitegirl6parul-fanrubab1690Aahanaxx11sharneil92wadi..dollShiningStar18SofnaPrinsesse.Suvimazkachazka5secsofsummer.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Erm.. Khushi doesn't know English?! :O" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Meeph

IF-Sizzlerz

Meeph

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 3:03am | IP Logged
My question is if she doesn't knows English,does that means she isn't educated?:o
If she's not,What did she write in her CVOuch
How was she even applying for a job!!!
And even if she recorded the dictation,How did she type it if she doen't knows english

NEVERTHELESS, i love the drama;)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

snowwhitegirl6parul-fanArshForEverShiningStar18NainaSengalmazkachazka

chucklebuddy

IF-Rockerz

chucklebuddy

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meepha

My question is if she doesn't knows English,does that means she isn't educated?:o
If she's not,What did she write in her CVOuch
How was she even applying for a job!!!
And even if she recorded the dictation,How did she type it if she doen't knows english

NEVERTHELESS, i love the drama;)

@bold.. agree...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meeph

ShiningStar18

IF-Rockerz

ShiningStar18

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 4:02am | IP Logged
Agree with you. Sometimes the creatives give very stupid explanantions for some issues in the show. How can Khushi not know english and write it down by listening to it? That was weird. And as Meepha said, if she isn't educated then how can she fulfill all the formalities of getting a job? The CVs need to give some reasonable arguements for such issues.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rubab1690parul-fanMeephmazkachazka

5secsofsummer.

IF-Sizzlerz

5secsofsummer.

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 4:38am | IP Logged
I really dunno wht she meant.i mean u can't just get a job without being educated?!?! obviously she knows English! aise hi kisiko bhi job miljati hai AR mein?ConfusedShocked

and how did she type the letter without knowing english?
it REALLY DOESN'T MAKE SENSEOuch

Edited by paintthetown - 02 July 2011 at 4:39am

mazkachazka

.lali.

IF-Sizzlerz

.lali.

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 6:04am | IP Logged
guys i felt like when she said 'nahi toh' its was like 'no not like that' cause the other dialouge came after that was. she couldnt write it because Arnav was speaking fast...

frm wat i got it was like she knws english but she couldnt write it down properly cause arnav spoke too fast n therefore misunderstanding of she doesnt knw english...

hpe i make sense... i think they havent used the dialouges in very effective way to deliver the right meaning o the words

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

SajanlvrdorindakateSajan_Ektadaisyluv5secsofsummer.mazkachazka

5secsofsummer.

IF-Sizzlerz

5secsofsummer.

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Lali

guys i felt like when she said 'nahi toh' its was like 'no not like that' cause the other dialouge came after that was. she couldnt write it because Arnav was speaking fast...

frm wat i got it was like she knws english but she couldnt write it down properly cause arnav spoke too fast n therefore misunderstanding of she doesnt knw english...

hpe i make sense... i think they havent used the dialouges in very effective way to deliver the right meaning o the words

yeah i agree with ya.that must be the reason

dorindakate

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged
I'll just post again what I wrote in another similar thread.

Knowing English in India often means being able to fluently speak (which also translates into being able to fluently write documents using your own words and thoughts).  Since pretty much all of the private schools are in the English medium, and even many public schools will teach English, most city (Lucknow is a city) middle class, even lower middle class, that went to even a decent school will know how to write and read English.  As well as understand basic English and Hinglish.

Khushi in this case did not have to speak, but if she weren't fluent, she wouldn't have been able to write all that in shorthand. It's another thing that she used a recording, thus it made it much easier. A decent enough knowledge would be enough as long as she knows how to type. And she did say in the office that she learned computers in school.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dorindakate.lali.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.