Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna
Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

India-Forums

+* DBSK: About the Show & Actors *+ (Page 3)

Intrepida IF-Rockerz
Intrepida
Intrepida

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:40am | IP Logged
yea they need to do something about Nakul and Sahadev, they look like tapori thugs!! LOL

I am getting used to Yuddhistir slowly, I think he is doing a pretty good job;

Arjun needs some antidepressant medicine! LOL cuz he seems sooo gloomy!
Arjun was Dushyant in Shakuntala serial...

Edited by ratilal22192 - 21 October 2011 at 7:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Yeah, Nakula was supposed to be very attractive - that was the quality he was secretly very proud of, and which caused him to die on that swarga prasthan.  They just picked identical twins for them LOL

If Arjun played Dushyant, is the actor's name Gautam Sharma?  I looked up the Shakuntala forum archives, where it gave this name.  Please confirm.  Also, someone else suggested that Gandhari is Tapasya's mom in Uttaran - again, somebody please confirm that as well.

Can you or anyone else help me w/ the cast list, so that I can get an updated cast list to update in the cast page, as well as the front page??  The ones we know or are certain about are bolded, so no need to check those.

Satyabhama - Urvashi Pardeshi
Jambavati -
Yudhisthir - Sachin Verma
Bhima -
Arjun - Gautam Sharma (?)
Nakul -
Sahadev -
Kunti -
Bheeshma - Mamik Singh
Vidura -
Drona -
Shakuni - Gufi Paintal
Dhritarashtra -
Gandhari - Pragati Mehra(?)
Duryodhan - Amit Pachori

One thing I'll say for this serial is its consistency - it seems to be a modus operandi of theirs to utilize as few actors as they can get away w/ (although it begs the question of why have fictional characters like Amod and Ramiya at the start of the serial).  If in the initial part of the serial they got by w/o showing Ugrasena and other major personalities of the Dwarka court, except for a brief appearance of Vasudev & Devaki, and even losing Rukmini when her role was more or less done, here they are continuing on that track and avoiding anybody they can get away with.  Like no Karna in this story so far, and I think they are past the point where they can introduce him.  I'm actually fascinated w/ this minimalist approach - what is the least number of characters that are absolutely necessary to show the story of Krishna & the Mahabharata?

Balarama & Revathy seem to be gone, although if Krishna is returning to Dwarka, Satyabhama & Jambavati are still available (although Balarama will be needed for Bhima's battle w/ Duryodhan, so I do hope they show him visiting Hastinapur next time and training either or both of them separately).  Somehow, I even doubt that they'll include Subhadra or Abhimanyu - in the war, they'll probably show the Pandavas fighting on one side, Bheeshma, Drona, Duryodhan, Dushashan & Shakuni on the other, and since Draupadi's inclusion is unavoidable, they'll probably throw in Drupada, Dhrishtadyumna and Shikhandi for variety.  This is not so far fetched - in the battle of Kundinpur, Balarama in the original story defeated the combined forces of Jarasandha, Sishupala, Shalva, Dantavatra, Vidyurath, Paundrak and Kashi-raj.  But what they showed was just a duel b/w Balarama & Sishupala, as if the obstacles were just that.  So in the Mahabharata, they may just show two armies clashing, and some battles, like Arjun vs Bheeshma, Bhima vs Duryodhan, Sahadev vs Shakuni, and show the rest of the armies just battling it out.

In which case, I'd say that once we get Draupadi & her family, we'd have the complete Mahabharata cast.

Edited by .Vrish. - 22 October 2011 at 7:33am

vik rocks

vik rocks Goldie
vik rocks
vik rocks

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:12am | IP Logged
LOL! I always get confused on who should have been the most handsome - Nakul or Sahadev. Do they really look like what you guys said? LOLBut even in the BRC, they weren't give much priority as they had not much to do, except for Sahadev killing Shakuni, I don't really recall what these two actually did. Yudhishthir, Bheem & Arjun were always in the limelight. As warriors obviously Arjun & Bheem stole the focus than the other Pandavs.

When I caught the promos I always felt that I've seen this Dhritarashtra somewhere but just can't get it as that beard is so distracting. Feel the same even for Gandhari but that cloth she has tied around her eyes just doesn't let me guess at all. Vrish after you said she's Tapu's mother then I felt the same though not sure. That cloth around her eyes needs to be removed for confirmationLOL Btw if that's her then I wonder how does she manage to do 3 serials at a time coz if I'm not mistaken then she's doing a negative role even in a serial on Zee besides Uttaran.

Not sure but I guess Radhikarani can help you. She found out everybody's real name & posted it in the CGM forum long time back. I don't see her posting much on this forum though she had posted a thread called I'm back in which you had replied to her.
I guess the person who interacts with the stars on FB can help you in this matter.

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 3:36am | IP Logged
The cast that we know so far:

Krishna - Vishal Karwal
Balarama - Hemant Chadda
Revathy - Gauri Harmit Kaur
Rukmini - Priya Bhatija
Jambavati - Rashmi Singh
Vasudeva - Yogesh Mahajan
Devaki - Shantipriya
Jarasandha - Puneet Issar
Kalyavan - Nikitin Dheer
Rukmi-Ram Mehar Jangra
Sishupala - Karan Khanna
Lord Shiva - Mitesh Sharma
Devi Parvati- Khushboo
Sudama- Ram Bahadur Rennu
Sushila - Geetu Gambhir
Bhima - Joy Mathur
Arjun - Gautam Sharma
Nakul -
Sahadev -
Kunti -
Bheeshma - Mamik Singh 
Paundrak - Ram Awana
Shakuni - Gufi Paintal 

Duryodhan - Amit Pachori 

I'll update it as I get more names, and finally submit it to the cast list.

Edited by .Vrish. - 25 August 2012 at 12:01pm
Aradhana87 IF-Dazzler
Aradhana87
Aradhana87

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

The cast that we know so far:

Krishna - Vishal Karwal
Balarama - Hemant Chadda
Revathy - Gauri Harmit Kaur
Rukmini - Priya Bhatija
Jambavati - Rashmi Singh
Vasudeva - 
Devaki - Shantipriya
Jarasandha - Puneet Issar
Rukmi-Ram Mehar Jangra
Sishupala - Karan Khanna
Lord Shiva - Mitesh Sharma
Devi Parvati- Khushboo
Sudama- Ram Bahadur Rennu
Sushila - Geetu Gambhir
Bhima -
Arjun - Gautam Sharma
Nakul -
Sahadev -
Kunti -
Bheeshma - Mamik Singh 
Vidura -
Drona -
Shakuni - Gufi Paintal 
Dhritarashtra -
Gandhari - Pragati Mehra(?)
Duryodhan - Amit Pachori 

I'll update it as I get more names, and finally submit it to the cast list.
Thanks for the update
I have another addition..Kalyavan is played by Nikitin DheerStar

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.Radhikerani

LeadNitrate Viewbie
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
 I dont know if there has been any cast topic for the updated cast or not, if not can u create one Vrish? I would love to know who is playing duryodhan, he has been around in sagar shows for quite some time, he played shivji in ramayan, and very recently he was tatya topi  in jhansi ki rani, also he has done bits and parts role. I loved him as shivji and always thought who they brought to play lord Shiva here, now i know whyWink, he deserves a lead role, albeit negative

who is playing bhimsen? that guy is quite good.

who is playing kunti? totalDead worthy

if there is already a topic with the answers, can some one please give me the link and then vrish can close the topic,
mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged

Imagine TV has also introduced Sachin Verma as Yudhisthira, Joy Mathur as Bheema, Amit

Pachori as Duryodhana and Gautam Sharma as Arjuna to enact the iconic characters of Mahabharata in 'Dwarkadheesh Bhagwaan Shree Krishn'.Produced by Sagar Pictures, the serial is shown on Imagine TV from Monday to Friday at 8.00pm.

Paintal had also enacted the same character in BR Chopra's 'Mahabharat'.

LeadNitrate.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Mnx

Thanks for the info on who plays Bhima.  Are you sure about that?  Also, can you tell me who play these characters:

Vasudeva - 
Kunti - 
Nakul - 
Sahadev - 

Tan

I've been trying to find out the names of the major cast members, and have most of them.  Once I find out a few more, I'll submit that to the mods to edit the cast list.  I've moved all the discussions on this subject to this thread - but you no longer look like you started it

I like Amit Pachori.  While I'd have liked him to be Mahadev here too, I know that Pachori probably doesn't want to be typecast, and Shiva is just a peripheral role.  That said, I'd have preferred him to play someone on the Pandava side.

I agree that Bhima is remarkably good.  One thing I admire about this serial is that it's not obsessed w/ Arjun, the way another serial 20 years ago was.  It's given due prominence to Yudhisthir in the start-up to the events of Varnavarta, and it's giving due prominence to Bhima now.  One thing that surprised me - them showing Hidimba & Hidimbi today.  Given how they've not shown Karna so far (usual actor draught?), I thought that they wouldn't show Hidimba & Bakasura, but will go straight to Draupadi.

I think Draupadi is their last chance to get things right in Dwarkadheesh - if they pick someone mediocre, they're toast.  Later, if they show Arjun spending time w/ Krishna in Dwarka, I hope they show Satyaki, since he was the 2nd most important warrior in the Pandava army after Arjun.

Edited by .Vrish. - 07 November 2011 at 3:01pm

LeadNitratemnx12

Go to top