Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

(Source:- https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/9960-priya-bhatija-down-with-illness.htm

Article poseted in the Forum by gaurav_fan.)

Priya Bhatija down with illness

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 | 9:07:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    18 Comments
Priya Bhatija down with illness

Priya Bhatija suffering from food poisoning

After giving a series of names in the list of actors who are unwell, one more name gets added.

Priya Bhatija who is presently shooting in Baroda for her show on Imagine,Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna, is down with illness.

A source states, "Priya was down with fever a few days back and now she is suffering from food poisoning as well. She is still shooting under strict medication."

We tried calling Priya, but she was unavailable for comments.

We wish Priya a speedy recovery and we wish all the actors to take care of their health.

After all Health is Wealth…

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair
Debipriya thumbnail
 (Article posted in the Forum by Armu4eva.)

Vishal Karwal's mood swings

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vishal Karwal's mood swings
Vishal Karwal might be enjoying playing Lord Krishna in Dwarkadheesh currently and his good looks and dimples might have charmed you but this independent model turned actor claims to be a very moody person. "I want to live and let live and don't tolerate when people interfere in my life," he says. Apparently he has always been independent and being a Scorpion [sun sign], he doesn't like to be told what to do in life.

Debipriya thumbnail
(Source:- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/My-role-is-a-blessing-Priya-Bathija/articleshow/9258453.cms

Article originally posted in the Forum by Armu4eva.)

My role is a blessing: Priya Bathija

Tanya Datta, TNN | Jul 18, 2011, 12.00am IST

For someone who is just four shows old in the industry, opting to play a mythological character may not sound a very good option. But for Priya Bathija, who debuted with Khwaish, is brimming with optimism. 

She feels playing Rukmini in Dwarkad-heesh onImagine TV is the opportunity of a lifetime. The actress says, "A lot of people do not know about Lord Krishna's life after marriage. Everyone just goes talking about the love life of Radha and Krishna. In fact, his wife Rukmani, the character that I play in the serial, is an avatar of Goddess Laxmi. I feel blessed to play such a character since I was chosen amongst so many girls." 

So did she undergo some sort of preparation? "No. We incorporate a lot of Sanskrit words in our dialogues and we hardly know their meanings. I haven't really taken any diction classes for this serial even though the Hindi used is chaste. But the creative team has been a blessing. The entire unit and crew are very helpful and we have managed to deliver our lines with perfection," she adds. 

Debipriya thumbnail
(Source:- 
http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Puneet-Issar%E2%80%99s-comeback-to-Tv&xfile=2011/July/News_20110723_37

Article originally posted by Armu4eva.)

Puneet Issar's comeback to Tv

Puneet Issar remembered for his most popular avatar on the small screen that of Duryodhana in the TV adaptation of Mahabharata, will return to tv after more than a decade. He makes a comeback to tv with yet another mythological character Jarasandh in the Imagine's new show Dwarkadheesh: Bhagwaan Shree Krishn.

Talking about his experience of playing the evil personality of Jarasandh inDwarkadheesh, Puneet says, "I am really enjoying playing the role of Jarasandh, a very important character which not many people are aware of. Also, I am glad to be a part of a show which is shot on such a large scale and thank Imagine TV and Sagar Production for giving me an opportunity to play a mythological character after a long time. Jarasandh is a very interesting character and undoubtedly a challenging role to perform since he was born half and half to two mothers, who disowned him; later he was joined into one whole human being by Jara (rakshasi), hence known as Jarasandh. Hence, he will be depicted with a dual personality - one aggressive and the other almost cowardly."

Imagine TV seems to have certainly roped in the right artiste for the right character. We hope that audiences will love Puneet Issar in this role. Don't forget to watchDwarkadheesh: Bhagwaan Shree Krishn is telecasted every Monday to Friday at 08.00pm on Imagine TV.

Debipriya thumbnail
(Article posted by Armu4eva.)

Dwarkadhish Bhagwan Shri Krishna

A good lesson in mythology

Monday to Thursday 8.00 pm, Imagine TV

Nitish Bhardwaj played Krishna so beautifully in BR Chopra's Mahabharat that it's unimaginable to see any other actor in that 'immortal' role. But Vishal Karwal, Imagine's new Dwarkadhish, just about manages to fit into the part. With a cheeky, naughty smile and dimples to boot, Vishal does remind you of Bhardwaj and captures the naughty spirit of the Lord but sadly enough, he doesn't get the 'emotional' sur right. Maybe it's early days yet, maybe those royal mojris are mighty to fill in, maybe it's too big a role to do justice to but something is amiss for sure. More about that later!

Dwarkadhish Bhagwan Shri Krishna, as the title suggests, is about Krishna, who lives inDwarka, his exploits on the battlefield, his calculative bent of mind, his victory over his enemies (from Kans to Kalyavan, Shishupal, Jarasandh and Rukmi, to name a few) through sheer ingenuity, his bond with Balaram and his warm relationship with the people of his kingdom. Fortunately, there are no cute tales about his makhanchori and his flirting withRadha and the gopiyan, something we have seen ad nauseam in other shows on the Lord.

Now for what works and what doesn't for the show. Dwarkadhish is lavishly mounted, you have actors in elaborate costumes and palaces done up ostentatiously, perfect and picturesque but most of it seems to be computer generated, and sticks out like a sore thumb, taking away the soul from the proceedings. For instance, there was a battle sequence between the mighty Jarasandh and Krishna and Balarama, which had the two brothers climbing a mountain while Jarasandh's soldiers set it on fire in a bid to kill them…what could have been exciting to watch was let down by some tacky computer graphics. The images looked disjointed and the action seemed to be happening at one place while the protagonists were in another, it didn't look like a whole and that took the joy away completely from the scene.

Also, the actors cast in key roles is another sore point. Except for Puneet Issar as Jarasandh (Issar's broad frame takes away 95 per cent of my TV screen), other actors like the podgy, expressionless Balaram and the mouse-like Rukmini or the apology of an actor cast as the warrior Shishupal have neither the personality nor the magnetism to pull off those big roles.

Last but not the least, Vishal as Dwarkadhish, is extremely easy on the eye, but he needs to get his dialogue-delivery right, and modulate his voice instead of just parroting the lines. However, Dwarkadhish is still a notch above the tame fare that passes of as primetime entertainment. It's a good lesson in mythology for children. At least, my son thinks so.

Verdict:

Watch it, nothing to lose.

@screenindia.com

Debipriya thumbnail

(Source: https://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/10078-i-am-blessed-to-play-rukmini-priya-bhatija.htm

Article posted by  gaurav_fan  in the Forum)

"I am blessed to play Rukmini"- Priya Bhatija

Sunday, July 31, 2011 | 11:30:37 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    18 Comments
"I am blessed to play Rukmini"- Priya Bhatija

TellyBuzz in conversation with Priya Bhatija who plays the gorgeous Rukmini in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

Priya Bhatija could undoubtedly be called as the chosen one as she is playing one of the most prominent characters in the Indian mythology. She is playing Rukmini in Imagine'sDwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

There are only a few blessed ones who are as lucky as her. Let us hear it from Priya what she really feels portraying such an spic character.

How is it playing your first role in a Mythological show?
This is my first mythological show and I am completely enjoying the role.

What are the preparations that you did for the role?
Actually I did not really know about the proper history of Krishna and Rukmini. Hence I read about she being the Avtar of Laxmi and how she was the first wife of Krishna etc. There are very few television shows that actually showed the life of Sri Krishna.

Have you seen the performance of Channa Ruparal in the earlier Mahabharata?
Not really.

What challenges are you facing while portraying Rukmini?
The only challenge that I faced initially was the pronunciation of the Sanskrit words that were incorporated in the dialogues. But today I am used to it. Another main challenge for me is to carry the heavy costume and jewellery that I wear every day. I feel that I am getting ready for my marriage every day. But at the end of the day I am glad that I look mind blowing on screen. 

Doing a mythological role does not fall into everyone's kitty. You are one of the lucky ones.
Yes, I am the chosen one in this regard and I am glad that lot have been invested in the show for its best execution.

What are the traits where you can relate to Rukmini?
Frankly speaking, I have not really much thought about it. Priya is subtle like Rukmini, but at the same time her reaction depends on the situation.

A memorable moment from the show?
All the moments with Vishal (Vishal Karwal), Hemant (Hemant Chadha) and Gauri (Gauri Harmit Kaur) are memorable. People on the sets pamper me by giving me chocolates every day. I remember when I fell ill initially, Vishal bought nice chocolates for me.

What were the learning experiences from the role and the show?
For me every day is a learning experience. From the past six years I have been learning every hour and every minute. When you work with different directors, there will be a lot to learn. 

You have already worked with Imagine before. How has the association been?
I have worked with Imagine earlier during Basera and Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo. It's like coming back home where I met my old friends. 

How spiritual are you in real?
I do believe in God, but I am not that kind of a person who always goes to the temple and pray. I pray by heart.

How is the experience shooting in Baroda?
It is really hot here but at the same time I am getting some time for myself. I reach within 20 minutes back to my room which was impossible in Mumbai. Initially I felt a little weird about this, but I am enjoying that as well.

Do you miss the buzz of Mumbai?
Yes, of course I do miss it very badly.

What is the routine that you have there?
I get up in the morning and by 9:30 I am on the sets for shoot. In the evening I reach by 9:30 and I make it a point to watch my episode after freshening up. There is a repeat telecast that is shown after the normal time.

Being in Baroda what do you miss more?
I miss all my friends and family, the vada pav, pav baji and all the food there. Here we get dhoklas and khakhras.

You really have loud and colourful attire, does it take a long time to get dressed up and are you feeling comfortable?
It nearly takes almost an hour to get dressed up. Though it is heavy, I am really happy that I am looking really beautiful in the attire.

What was the reaction of your parents when they came to know that you are going to play Rukmini?
They were really happy and my father said you are blessed to play Rukmini.

What would you like to tell your fans?
I would like you to watch the show because we are not showing a fiction story here. There is a lot of study that has gone into it. Kindly watch the show.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Debipriya thumbnail
(Source: https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/10016-young-actors-have-to-work-on-their-diction-puneet-issar.htm

Article posted by radhikarani in the Forum)

"Young actors have to work on their diction"- Puneet Issar

Thursday, July 21, 2011 | 6:13:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    12 Comments
"Young actors have to work on their diction"- Puneet Issar

Veteran actor, Puneet Issar who is presently seen as Jarasandha inImagine's Dhwarkadheesh shares his thoughts and feelings about television today...

When we hear the name Duryodhan we have none other than Puneet Issar's face coming in our mind. It is almost impossible to picture someone else other than him for the role. 

Today Puneet Issar is back on television in his new avtar as Raja Jarasandh in Imagine'sDwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna. Though Puneet has done several roles in the industry his roles in mythos are ever remembered... 

In a candid chat with TellyBuzz he speaks about his experiences as an actor and his thoughts on young talents... 

You have returned almost after a decade to television. How do you feel?
Actually I am returning to a mytho after almost a decade as I have done Left Right Left in between. I feel really nice to be back.

Were there any expectations while you were returning after a long time?
Not really because I was really engaged in my other work in films. But there were discussions among people that I am returning after a long time. Frankly speaking I was not on a break at all as I was busy with my films.

You have seen Nitish Bharadwaj playing the role of Lord Krishna with you. How would you rate Vishal Karwal in the same role?
Actually one cannot compare Nitish Bharadwaj against any actor; in fact you cannot compare Mahabharata with Dhwarkadheesh. Vishal is a kid now and he is doing pretty well.  

How is your association with Imagine TV?
Imagine is a nice channel, they had wanted me to play this role and I gladly agreed.

Now that you have returned with a mythic show, what are the differences that you have felt with respect to techniques and the look etc?
These days television has become like a tissue paper where you use and throw stuffs. The so called creative people have to really work hard on their work and there is a great need of strong scripts. When we did Mahabharata, we used to take six days to shoot one episode because that was a once a week show. Today since the shows are on daily basis, there is a lot of quality loss. The idea of Mahabharata was generated in 1986 and the show was started in 1988, thus you can imagine the amount of work that has been put for the show.    

Since there are a lot of chroma shoots nowadays happening, do you think the show seems unreal when compared to the earlier shows?
Earlier when we had war scenes, we used to shift ourselves to Jaipur so that there is a huge barren land. But here when time is an important factor, the quality suffers.   

What made you stay away from television this long?
I was busy with films and direction and writing.

You have been a director and an actor, what do you enjoy more?
Frankly speaking, direction gives you job satisfaction and you feel you are paid for what you like. But acting is also my passion and that's basically what I started with.

Do mythic shows attract you more that the normal fiction in television?
Actually television has become a senseless medium where everything has become temporary. Though there are shows on television now, older shows cannot be recreated like the Mahabharata, Ramayana etc.  

Do you watch any shows on television today?
Not really, actually I do not get much time.

You are also doing Chandrakanta at the same time. How do you manage both?
If you like something you do it, and you will automatically get time.

One advice you would like to give to the young talents of today?
I would like to ask them to improve on their diction a lot because sometimes they have the 'chalta hain' attitude which is not really good.

What are your other projects in television and films?
I have a film I Am Singh that is tipped to release in September, it is the story of mistaken identity where Sikhs are killed mistaking them to be Arabs.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Debipriya thumbnail
(Article posted by Armu4eva )

ITS OVER!

Priya Bathija and Jatin Shah end their two-year-old marriage.Neha Maheshwri finds out what went wrong... 

They met at a party.You could call it love at first sight.Actors,Priya Bathija currently seen as Rukmini in mythological show Dwarkadheesh and Jatin Shah,who is shooting for his upcoming show,felt they were made for each other and eventually tied the knot in April 2009.It was a rosy beginning for the newlyweds,soon,however,differences crept in and the couple started having ugly fights.The couple filed for divorce in June,and were told it will come through in a months time.Informs our khabroo,Priya and Jatin were madly in love with each other during the initial days of their marriage but the love soon fizzled out to make way for petty squabbles.Constant fights forced the marriage to go kaput. Both Priya and Jatin were reached for comment but they didnt respond.
Nothing good lasts forever.Sigh!

IN HAPPIER TIMES: jatin Shah and Priya Bhatija 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]
Debipriya thumbnail
(Article posted by aalochak)

Shanti Priya

After roping in Pankaj Dheer's son Nikitin to play King Kalyavan who will give a hard time to Lord Krishna (Vishal Karwal), the makers have now finalised Bollywood actress Shanti Priya for another pivotal role in Imagine TV'sDwarkadheesh.

Shanti who shot to fame with Sugandh, a movie that also starred Akshay Kumar, will be playing Devki, Lord Krishna's mother, in the mythological show. The actress was last seen as Mata Vaishno devi in Sahara One's Mata KI Chowki. This is Shanti's second show on TV. Actress Priya Bathija, a Balaji find, is essaying the role of Rukmini in the show. 

(From Times of India)

Debipriya thumbnail
(Article posted by  Armu4eva)

>>

Men are back! 

Male protagonists are once again getting more screen space on prime time telly soaps.Is this trend here for keeps Ahmedabad Times finds out about the shift in focus 

Shruti Jambhekar 

Finally its happening! A new male order is calling the shots on prime time television shows.After years of playing second fiddle to the bahus and betiyaans in the kitchen dramas,general entertainment channels have prominent male protagonists in the lime light,taking centre stage in the telly shows story line.While the 15-year-old crime thriller CID was the only one with four male leads running the show,now more names have joined the fray.Ronit Roy (Adaalat),Ram Kapoor (Bade Achche Lagte Hain),Vishal Karwal (Dwarkadheesh),Saheer Sheikh (Navya),Neil Bhatt (Gulaal),Sameer Soni (Parichay),Shiv Subramanium (Mukti Bandhan) and Sushant Singh Rajput (Pavitra Rishta) have men getting equal screen space and are no more standing in the frame as the supportive husband/boyfriend.So what made this change possible at this juncture 
Rajita Sharma,producer of Ram Milaye Jodi,who is coming up with a daily soap revolving around two brothers says,The amount of emphasis being given to the male characters largely depends on the concept and the storyline.At the end of the day though,relationships are a crucial part of our lives,as well as our shows,so no show can revolve around one character,but depending on the ongoing track the focus given to a character may vary. Ravindra Gautam,whos directing Parichay feels,Men are definitely watching more television now.The post 10 pm time band has a lot of male viewers,so,we as story makers are focusing on shows with significant male characters. Some showmakers feel it is not a new move and male characters have had their share of importance anyway.Producer Rajan Shahi says,Strong male protagonists always existed on TV,but the perception has changed,and its a healthy trend.The audience likes stories they can relate to.The percentage of male viewers has also definitely increased,so the male leads get more space in promos/airtime. Producer Siddharth Tewary too,shares the same view,In family soaps and love stories male protagonists are important and even female viewers like to see men in the lead. What do actors feel about their new prominence Actor Karan Mehra feels,Its feels good to have such a meaty role in Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai.While TV is a women dominated medium,but times have changed.I have come across people from younger generation who relate to my character and love the show. Vishal Karwal whos essaying the lead role in Dwarkadheesh says,Men are getting bigger and better roles in TV shows and thats a welcome change. Of course TRPs will ultimately decide whether the male superstars have made their way into the audiences hearts or not,because the hand that weilds the remote is one that has the final say in a l m o s t everything.shruti.jambhekar @timesgroup.com

Sameer Soni in Parichay 

From top: Vishal Karwal in Dwarkadheesh,Ram Kapoor in Bade Achche Lagte Hain and Ronit Roy in Adalat 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]