Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 12:55am | IP Logged
For someone to be suffering from ptsd there isnt a need fkr there to be an outwaed sign all the time, a lot of the people are able to hide their trauma by creating a persona of what they would like to be like and become that person. But when they come face to face witu the actual trauma their inner turmoil resurfaces and their true feelings and emotions emerge, sometimes without them even realising it

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vivacious_priyahookedtiny15

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Females, Hysteria and Feminism (Page 3)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hooked

IF-Dazzler

hooked

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged
I too am realising that Gauri's desperate need to be accepted by the Singh family arises from her childhood trauma of being left outside in the rain utterly alone knowing that her only hope of survival lay in the haveli opening its doors and letting her in. 

That night when she must have been so scared and bereft, must have been awful for her is actually a gross understatement. And as a child she was too young to understand that the fault was not with the haveli not knowing she was freezing outside but with her parents who callously abandoned her there telling her this was her new and true home...

One can bury one's past and make a new present yes - but old places can bring back old memories...She could have run far far away from Jagya and tried to bury it again or she could try to face this demon once and for all. I think she is in her own unclear way trying to win this battle. But she will need to step back a bit and rethink about this whole thing. Her conversations with her mom are not going to help. Maybe her talk with Anandi will be the trigger - Gauri may try to see what actually happened that night and how she did get a better deal. Currently she is very very alone - am now feeling sorry I did not see her behaviour as a result of her PTSD earlier..

I hope Anandi will be her usual calm self and talk to Gauri if she initiates any convo...am glad DS is not being her drastic self and has just chosen to let them stay and see what happens..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

woman11tiny15Suchi-

hooked

IF-Dazzler

hooked

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged
@woman11

from Greek hysterikos, from hystera womb; from the Greek notion that hysteria was peculiar to women and caused by disturbances of the uterus
First Known Use: 1801

Hysteria being associated as a mental weakness particularly of women and even having sexual references in Victorian times  - has long been one of those nasty accusations hurled at women by the male dominated society. Often times I have been so incensed at the nasty deliberate provoking insults at women and those who stand up for them.

It is equally irritating to see in old hindi movies and current and old TV shows how even when males and females are euqally involved in a mental/physical abuse of the young bahu or a young orphan or something- towards the end typically the woman (never the man) perpetrating the abuse gets sounded out or beaten up or abused. She will end up apologising - her husband never has to say the SORRY word. 

Edited by hooked - 03 July 2011 at 3:27am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Picasso9woman11Suchi-tiny15

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 2:16am | IP Logged
I dont think anyone knows about the paon and suffering she mist have injured i mean it does not take several incidents for you to be traumatized all it takes is one and the keval it affects someone is different for people.

Just because yoi dont see it does not mean that its not there

tiny15

IF-Sizzlerz

tiny15

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by woman11

Originally posted by intruderfast

Originally posted by Rach1

Originally posted by intruderfast

ek baat kahoon mujhe lagta hain hum kuch jyaada hi exaggerate kar rahe hainLOLLOL

baat kaa bahut bada matlab nikal raha hainLOLLOLmana she is confused but iss baat ke liye treatment and all, treatment se uska jagya ke liye pyaar toh nahin jaayega naaLOL

welll thats the deal Anmol. The argument here is that JaGo marriage did not root from love. For Jagat it was the city life getting to his head and for Gauri it was about Singh pariwar's acceptance obsession. I havent watched it yet but if Gauri said that she wouldnt have married him knowing he was already married, if he was not her balvar then there is no love there rt?
marriage and love r two diff things , i believe she would have always loved jagya even if she had disagreed to the marriage, forget what g says to others
for me what matters most is what they say to each other , they always say ilu to each other
so mere liye wahin baat khatam they both love each other
sometimes i really feel woman 11 , u should not do such analysisLOL, the cvs might take it and split them which i dont wantTongue

It's not my analysis, it's Elaine Showalter's . And yes, I would be glad if the CVs read this post. At least they will stop portraying female characters as mentally ill over and over again------pehle Teepri, ab Gauri, pata nahi aage kaun hai.AngryAngry It's a gross patriarchal misconception that women are by nature irrational and hence become easily hysterical.
I will be more than happy to see the NORMAL, sensible Gauri returning to her self rather than see a trauma patient.
@woman11  very gud post!!ClapClapClapStarStarStar
and i want 2 add one thing that now research has shown that men r more prone 2 hysteria & they recover late from it than women!! wen aresearch & study was done on the patients of ww2 both male & female, males tend 2 more hysterical & they recover late than the women!! i'd read it in Reader Digest's booklet named "Tests & Teasers" & now i'd recently read it in sum eng
newspaper's health section. don't rem which1. it may b from the below mentioned 3 newspapers namely- The times of India; Hindustan Times & The Indian Express!!so again CVs has shown so much biased theories put by sum earlier analysts!!Sleepy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

woman11

woman11

Goldie

woman11

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
great info hooked and tiny, really enlightening. ClapThank u guys.

Yes hysteria has always been a patriarchal rhetoric against female physiological and psychological differences. It's interesting how several feminists respond to the concept of hysteria-------my personal fav on the issue is Gilbert and Gubar's Mad Woman in the Attic where they talk about  "the notion that women writers of the 19th Century were confined in their writing to make their female characters either embody the "angel" or the "monster." This struggle stemmed from male writers' tendencies to categorize female characters as either pure, angelic women, or rebellious, unkempt madwomen."
Works aptly for our BV female characters too. Stern Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hookedtiny15

Suchi-

IF-Sizzlerz

Suchi-

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vivacious_priya

i cant understand how can gauri face PSTD suddenly
earlier she was so jolly happy gal
suddenly one day dey showed dat she is hysterical abt her past
den she became more psycho n pathetic after she got in d haveli to win d LADAI

Because she regressed her feelings and almost 'forgot them'

Now she is facing that trauma every single day. So its resurfacing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.