Balika Vadhu

   

Females, Hysteria and Feminism (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Joined: 28 December 2005

Posts: 61817

Posted: 01 July 2011 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Well its evident that Gauri is suffering from PTSD - post traumatic stress disorder, before every time she used to think about the haveli she used to get these ghostly type flashbacks almost like they have been haunting her and because she has been trying to bury them in some corner of her mind, she has not really faced her past and learnt to move forward.

So right now there are aspects of that child bride emotions that are coming to the front, and all this rejection and constant degrading is reminding her about her past as well.

I dont think she will become mentally unstable or unhinged, but i think this will eventually get her back on her feet, as it will force her to deal with her past finally.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

woman11vivacious_priyahookedtiny15

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Females, Hysteria and Feminism (Page 2)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

intruderfast

IF-Sizzlerz

intruderfast

Joined: 18 October 2010

Posts: 14663

Posted: 01 July 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Illyria

Well its evident that Gauri is suffering from PTSD - post traumatic stress disorder, before every time she used to think about the haveli she used to get these ghostly type flashbacks almost like they have been haunting her and because she has been trying to bury them in some corner of her mind, she has not really faced her past and learnt to move forward.

So right now there are aspects of that child bride emotions that are coming to the front, and all this rejection and constant degrading is reminding her about her past as well.

I dont think she will become mentally unstable or unhinged, but i think this will eventually get her back on her feet, as it will force her to deal with her past finally.
very good point,  the problem was all these yrs she was trying to bury it ,not fight it,
 not think abt it at all, she had never gotten over it
but now she is being forced to think abt it, cos she has no choice, she has to face this , and get over it slowly but surely


Edited by intruderfast - 01 July 2011 at 2:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

woman11

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Joined: 28 December 2005

Posts: 61817

Posted: 01 July 2011 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
At first I didnt feel anything for Gauri, but these days i have to say i kind of feel sorry for the girl now, i think she has been damaged more then Anandi, yes Anandi didnt get an education etc, But Gauri i feel has been severely traumatized

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vasujahooked

woman11

Goldie

woman11

Joined: 10 May 2011

Posts: 1231

Posted: 01 July 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Actually Anandi went through a lot of traumatic situations too----she was abused mentally and emotionally as a child, was severely punished by dadisa, her parents were insulted left right and center, she was banned from studying and all the associated trauma of being a beendni for the Singh family,  including facing a near-death situation, but somehow she did not carry the effects of those trauma to her adulthood to the point of obsession.
I seriously hope the CVs restore Gauri to normalcy------if they make her another hysterical figure like Teepri, it will be really pathetic. Banana hai toh Jagya ko hysterical banao na, already he is bipolar, ab usse hysterical bhi bana do, tab ayega maza, mental asylum mein bandh Jagya Evil Smile


Edited by woman11 - 01 July 2011 at 2:25pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15VasusenaRadheya

vasuja

Goldie

vasuja

Joined: 18 January 2010

Posts: 1672

Posted: 01 July 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Illyria

At first I didnt feel anything for Gauri, but these days i have to say i kind of feel sorry for the girl now, i think she has been damaged more then Anandi, yes Anandi didnt get an education etc, But Gauri i feel has been severely traumatized


Truly said... though Anandi cries a lot and does a lot of so called mahanta she is mentally a very tough person( in fact most of the rural women are. the hard life toughens them)

Gauri seems to be fragile, she is severely traumatised, thanks to her parents who aggravated it by abandoning  the kid outside the singh house as if she is garbage.Angry

The convo between Gauri and mom was nice.But  when her mom was saying dialogues like I am ur mom and can understand ur pain from ur voice and all I wanted gauri to ask," oh really u seemed to have understood my pain a lot, then why the hell did u abandon me out this haveli in childhood?"

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

divyababuwoman11Picasso9hookedtiny15

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Joined: 28 December 2005

Posts: 61817

Posted: 01 July 2011 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by woman11

Actually Anandi went through a lot of traumatic situations too----she was abused mentally and emotionally as a child, was severely punished by dadisa, her parents were insulted left right and center, she was banned from studying and all the associated trauma of being a beendni for the Singh family,  including facing a near-death situation, but somehow she did not carry the effects of those trauma to her adulthood to the point of obsession.
I seriously hope the CVs restore Gauri to normalcy------if they make her another hysterical figure like Teepri, it will be really pathetic. Banana hai toh Jagya ko hysterical banao na, already he is bipolar, ab usse hysterical bhi bana do, tab ayega maza, mental asylum mein bandh Jagya Evil Smile


Dont get me wrong i am not saying that Anandi didnt suffer trauma whilst she was young, but unlike Gauri she was able to face them and get over them to a certain extent, she went through all the emotions and came out the otherside, somewhat intact and then had the family support to help her through that traumatic experience,

I am saying that Gauri didnt so in that sense she is more traumatized then Anandi because she hasnt been able to get over those feelings and they are all still lingering there

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vasujahooked

sree.m

Senior Member

sree.m

Joined: 16 June 2011

Posts: 246

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
@woman11,  I love your posts in general with great analysis of situations. Gauri undoubtedly needs psychiatric help. I wish Dr Jagat is capable of making this simple diagnosis thus helping himself and Gauri tooWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Suchi-VasusenaRadheya

vivacious_priya

IF-Dazzler

vivacious_priya

Joined: 28 January 2010

Posts: 2602

Posted: 02 July 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
i cant understand how can gauri face PSTD suddenly
earlier she was so jolly happy gal
suddenly one day dey showed dat she is hysterical abt her past
den she became more psycho n pathetic after she got in d haveli to win d LADAI

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

VasusenaRadheya

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.