TOI: Blame it on the fried chicken

Posted: 12 years ago

Blame it on the fried chicken 

The lead actor of Bade Achche Lagte Hain,Ram Kapoor,has been bloating up by the day and very soon just one TV screen wont be able to cover his expanding girth! A source from the unit reveals that Kapoor eats only fried chicken of an American fast food company throughout the day.We are at our wits end trying to stop him from putting on more weight but he just doesnt want to listen. Hmmm... Wonder why Ram isnt doing anything about his obsession for food.Well,just some time ago in an interview,hed said that only Yash Chopra can get him to lose weight.We would like to tell him that he should do so for the audiences because at the end of the day,it is the viewers who make an actor... or even break him,for that matter!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ram Kapoor 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

PRIYA will make him work out On the sets of BALH

Protien shake and boiled eggs without the yoke

SO only Carbs for the rest of the season 🀣
 I don't agree with the article.

What has acting to do with girth?Seriously losing weight for your health's sake is good. Deven Bhojani is on the heavier side but he's a wonderful actor.
 Ram is a wonderful actor too . Loosing some inches would be good for him.He would be even more attractive.  But withall wt issues too, his acting is superb. He would put the younger slimmer  younger actors into oblivion merely  with his screen presence.
Thanks for sharing πŸ˜Š

But, seriously, who writes this nonsense????

Since when do audiences "make" actors? Talent makes an actor...
Celebrities might be made by audiences, not actors...there is a difference, or there ought to be...

Is India such a superficial society that appearance outweighs (πŸ˜†) talent?

I cannot believe major newspapers are lecturing Ram Kapoor. If he wants to loose weight he will...it's his decision and his choice...this sort of public shame-making and finger wagging is outrageous! and not to mention asinine.
Edited by narangi_77 - 12 years ago
The BMI of a person is important. I would like him to enjoy his food definably but may be change his diet so that he can enjoy his overall health.

Its  nothing to do with acting but on the long run defiantly with all the adulterated food available in the market one needs to be cautious..

And believe me after 40 there is a lot one needs to be cautious about what one eats infact after 35 also since issues like thyroid and other  problems can crook up easily 

Its  a pneumatic problem all over the world  to be cautious what you eat  with the way  the world is changing whether you are an actor or a common man if its feasible then better to take cautious steps with your health and diet and also not coz the script demands  yes it may emand a character to be like so and so but better to be within the borderline  as the risk factors later would be really something you wouldn't want to fall in your plate.

But I agree why is he being targeted all the time ever since he came in BALH πŸ˜•..
He is a good actor and he is doing good in his screen presence so media should stop harassing him
Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by narangi_77

Thanks for sharing πŸ˜Š

But, seriously, who writes this nonsense????

Since when do audiences "make" actors? Talent makes an actor...
Celebrities might be made by audiences, not actors...there is a difference, or there ought to be...

Is India such a superficial society that appearance outweighs (πŸ˜†) talent?

I cannot believe major newspapers are lecturing Ram Kapoor. If he wants to loose weight he will...it's his decision and his choice...this sort of public shame-making and finger wagging is outrageous! and not to mention asinine.
Agree it's talent that makes or breaks an actor!
At the end of the day what dialogues are delivered what the viewers understand and ponder over it matters more..

He is being appreciated  and its what he  is happy about..

But I would love some sweet teasing from Priya and you enjoying it 😊
this is utterly non-sense😑  It is his life and pls let him enjoy and as audience, we know to appreciate an actor's good work/talent not just looksπŸ˜ƒ . 
@narangi_77- Since when do audiences "make" actors? Talent makes an actor...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

well said dear

Ram seems to have lost some weight compared to the initial episodes. And I'm sure the way Priya is teasing Ram on the "weight"  issue, we will have some Ram-Priya scenes based on this.

Its the media's favourite topic to talk about Ram. Ram also sometimes gives some tongue-in-cheek answers to them when they keep talking/asking about the weight issue.
I doubt if this is true...hope its not

Ram needs to watch what he is eating not because he owes it to the audience but he owes it himself & his family...I think taking care of yourself is one way of showing your love to your family.