Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

jassi to fall in love with purab ?

yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

Hi

I had read at a forum (jassi pretty, i think) that Sony programming head in a recent article had said that two new tracks are going to be coming up soon- jassi becoming CEO and jassi falling in love with purab.

has anyone seen this artcle. If yes, cld u plz share the details ? i am dying to know if the second part is true or not!

thanx

yashika

Rifhat Goldie
Rifhat
Rifhat

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 2:26pm | IP Logged

Yes folks, if you do then i too would like to read that particular article.

Thanks,

-Rifhat

anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 2:28pm | IP Logged

I just did a search and I found this article

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k4/sep/sep9.htm

After Max, Sony comes out with branded postcards

Indiantelevision.com Team
(1 September 2004 8:00 pm)

MUMBAI: "The postal department has met Sony Entertainment Television half way to make it possible," Maharashtra Circles' chief post master general K Noorjehan was quick to offer. The occasion – to inaugurate the special cover with cancellation and Meghdoot postcards marking the first anniversary of Sony's flagship show Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahi.

post cardpost card

Showering the show (Jassi...) with a liberal dose of praise, Noorjehan said that she had been flooded with numerous calls from media about the preferential treatment meted out to Jassi. Rightly so, as she and the speaker before her - Sony Entertainment Television India's CEO Kunal Dasgupta - informed that the special cover with special cancellation was normally offered only to commemorate meretious services of over 50 years and above.

"Even to consider the proposal and to process the demand, the postal department requires one year's time," Noorjehan said. So what makes Jassi so special that she could jump the queue? "She rescued us from the weepy dramas. General masses like you and me can identify with her. She has shown us that its is not really important to be good looking but you can succeed if you have enough grit and determination," she said.

The same sentiment was echoed by the Sony team and as executive vice president programming and response Tarun Katial put it in his inaugural speech, "One year already since we introduced the masses to this unlikely heroine with spectacles and braces. Despite being labeled an ugly duckling, she has shown the world that you can succeed just on merit with your grit, determination, intelligence and hard work."

But hasn't the show been slipping lately. "Not really. It is just a cyclic phenomenon. In fact, we have quite a few changes in the pipeline to pump in the vigour." Although he said that Jassi won't really be shedding her braces and spectacles soon, but viewers will witness a transformation in her attitude, Katial informed. "Plus we will have a climax to the current build up of the plot, where Jassi becomes aware of Armaan and his devious plots and falls in love with Purab," he added.

What the show has offered to television besides a different storyline is a case study for marketing innovations.
"We get numerous phone calls every day from educational institutes, who want to speak to us about the effectiveness of the marketing innovation and the excellent adaptation," DJ Creatives producer Deeya Singh said. But she did admit that the story wasn't following the original very closely. "But it has worked wonders for the show. Look at the way Purab's track has been accepted by the masses," she argued.

A clear indication of the popularity of the show was the Centrium Auditorium at the World Trade Centre in Mumbai, where the press conference was held. Professionals working in the neighbouring offices were trying constantly to sneak in to get a peek of their favourite telly character.

And what did the star of the show Jassi aka Mona Singh have to say about it, "I am extremely honoured and deeply humbled."

It needs to be noted here that in February this year, Sony's sister channel Max had also introduced branded postcards wherein they had tied up with the Indian postal department. The post card, apart from carrying the Max logo, also promoted the 5 pm movies on the channel with a message: 'Har shaam paanch baje dekhiye.'

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Hi Smisha,

Thanks for the info and I am sure many people are reading it for the first time.

BTW this was already posted on the forum by me http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1002&KW= postcardhttp://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1002&KW= postcardWink

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1002&KW= postcard

Cheers,
Vijay

yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 2:46pm | IP Logged

thanks soooooo.............. much smisha!!      

luv u for this !!!!

let's hope that his actually happens though frankly i am finding it a little difficult to believe. Will they deviate so much from the original plot ? hope they do !

Well, even if this happens, i guess, it will take a while, may be, a couple of months. till then be prepared to be satisfied with 'he is just a friend' routine.

yashika

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
I agree yashika.....if this transition were to happen it would take a while....thnx smisha....sorry vijay I guess I overlooked the article earlier.....but thnx all the sameClap
pujas Senior Member
pujas
pujas

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks Vijay Amd Smisha
alliha Senior Member
alliha
alliha

Posted: 30 September 2004 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
thanks for the articles vijay and smisha!

Go to top