Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Daljit loves being Anjali--indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Daljit loves being Anjali
Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media

The beautiful Daljit Kaur Bhanot had taken a break from TV after marriage to Shaleen Bhanot. She has now returned as the physically challenged but lively Anjali in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. Daljit gets candid as she speaks about her comeback.

Why did you choose Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon to make your comeback on TV?
I enjoyed a good luxurious holiday after marriage and had been looking for a good role since the past few months. I did not like the kind of offers I was getting but the role of Anjali in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon is different. Anjali is physically challenged but she is full of life. She does not seek sympathy and is in fact the biggest strength of her family.

What are the reactions you have been receiving for the role?
I have been getting an amazing response from friends, family and fans. Many people have said that no one else could have played Anjali as well as I do. Another compliment is that Anjali gives people a reason to smile

How is it working with the team of the show?
Our team is full of young people, so we have a lot of fun of the sets. I want to thank our directors for giving us so much creative freedom, they allow us to offer suggestions about how scenes should be enacted. I am so engrossed in my role that I am living my character Anjali

Share some memorable offscreen moments?
The star of the show is our goat Laxmi. She is the one who gets pampered the most. In fact we complain that we don't get enough half the attention (laughs). Laxmi has her own customized clothes, shoes and accessories. You have to see her to believe how adorable she is. She sleeps in our lap like pet dogs and cats normally do. Every moment spent with her is memorable.

How do you think the show gels with the STAR Plus tagline Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi?
I have worked in Santaan, Choona Hai Aasman and Nach Baliye on STAR Plus and coming back with Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon is like returning home. Anjali is the ideal bahu who is religious as well as youthful and bubbly. Khushi (Sanaya Irani) represents the young generation and the issues they face. So, I would say both the characters represent Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi.

How did you spend your break?
This has been the best break of my life. I had dreamt of marrying Shaleen and when it came true, I just wanted to spend time with him and get to know my new family well. We had to wait for seven months before we could go on a honeymoon because Shaleen was busy with Do Hanson Ka Joda, but the wait was worth it.

When can we expect to see Shaleen and you together onscreen?
In fact we recently got a call from someone who wants to see us together on-screen but I can't reveal anymore. Let's see how it turns out as I am open to anything interesting and would love to work with my husband again.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mariaa.SG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
heey thaanks for sharing😃 : she's soo cuute as anjali and i really super like her 🤗All the page take a loot of time to come uup 🤢 soo putting them here 

I have been getting an amazing response from friends, family and fans. Many people have said that no one else could have played Anjali as well as I do. Another compliment is that Anjali gives people a reason to smile.

How is it working with the team of the show?Our team is full of young people, so we have a lot of fun of the sets. I want to thank our directors for giving us so much creative freedom, they allow us to offer suggestions about how scenes should be enacted. I am so engrossed in my role that I am living my character Anjali.

The star of the show is our goat Laxmi. She is the one who gets pampered the most. In fact we complain that we don't get enough half the attention (laughs). Laxmi has her own customized clothes, shoes and accessories. You have to see her to believe how adorable she is. She sleeps in our lap like pet dogs and cats normally do. Every moment spent with her is memorable.

How do you think the show gels with the STAR Plus tagline Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi?
I have worked in Santaan, Choona Hai Aasman and Nach Baliye on STAR Plus and coming back with Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon is like returning home. Anjali is the ideal bahu who is religious as well as youthful and bubbly. Khushi (Sanaya Irani) represents the young generation and the issues they face. So, I would say both the characters represent Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi.

How did you spend your break?
This has been the best break of my life. I had dreamt of marrying Shaleen and when it came true, I just wanted to spend time with him and get to know my new family well. We had to wait for seven months before we could go on a honeymoon because Shaleen was busy with Do Hanson Ka Joda, but the wait was worth it.

In fact we recently got a call from someone who wants to see us together on-screen but I can't reveal anymore. Let's see how it turns out as I am open to anything interesting and would love to work with my husband again.
Edited by Miss-Pakiie-KMH - 12 years ago
paridhi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
daljeet is so cute😳 love her as anjali di😊. thanks for sharing😊
paridhi22 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Miss-Pakiie-KMH

heey thaanks for sharing😃 : she's soo cuute as anjali and i really super like her 🤗All the page take a loot of time to come uup 🤢 soo putting them here 

I have been getting an amazing response from friends, family and fans. Many people have said that no one else could have played Anjali as well as I do. Another compliment is that Anjali gives people a reason to smile.

How is it working with the team of the show?

Our team is full of young people, so we have a lot of fun of the sets. I want to thank our directors for giving us so much creative freedom, they allow us to offer suggestions about how scenes should be enacted. I am so engrossed in my role that I am living my character Anjali.

thanks that u r posting the whole chat😃
Edited by paridhi22 - 12 years ago
Mariaa.SG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
@ paridhi : most welcome ❤️: still posting it huun<3😃
paridhi22 thumbnail

daljeet said that she and shaleen got a call together to work but she can't reveal  and it would be surprise for viewers 😲😲 so does that mean shaleen might enter IPKKND as her husband😕😕 who's entry is most awaited😆😆 and has become famous beforehand on our forum after laxmi and Arhi😆😆. if shaleen is coming back then I am very happy😃 Edited by paridhi22 - 12 years ago
-Rema- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey Choona Hai Aasman was on star one not star plus.
paridhi22 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tasha4ever

hey Choona Hai Aasman was on star one not star plus.

You r rite😆😆😆
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article. Daljit is a sweetheart, I love her as Anjali. She is the pillar that gives strength to her family. Awww, if her hubby comes in this show. I'll be very happy for her.
-Ramya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for sharing! at last Laxmi was the spotlight! 😆