TOI: I dont relate with Arnav-Barun

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I don't relate with Arnav: Barun Sobti

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Jun 28, 2011, 12.00am IST

Telly heartthrob Barun Sobti took an unusual trek to the small screen. 

He spent seven years working in a telecom BPO before he changed gears and became a model. Life changed overnight for Barun after he debuted in the role of the male lead in the afternoon show, Shraddha. "I always enjoyed acting. It was at the back of my mind that I'd become an actor some day. However my family's financial problems made me work in a telecom company for seven years. During that period I was also doing photoshoots and kept giving auditions. I am happy and lucky I got Shradhha." Since then, there has been no looking back for this 26-year old. 

Post Shradhha, Barun has managed to work for two popular dailies. "I'm a hard working person. Not that I'm a workaholic but, I love what I'm doing. I am totally in love with the camera," he says. Barun also featured in a cameo in Dill Mil Gaye and went on to play the lead role in Baat Hamari Pakki Hai. The latter show made him a teenage hottie of sorts and gave him the female fan following that he enjoys. 

Currently, playing the lead role in Iss Pyaar Ko Main Kya Naam Doon, Barun essays the character of a rich business tycoon. "I play the role of Arnav who's grumpy, short-tempered and has no time for love. His character has interesting shades and you will discover this over the next few episodes," he elaborates. Ask him if he identifies with the character and he says, "I don't relate at all with Arnav's character. I'm a very simple person. Actually I have never been able to relate to any of the characters I have played so far. For me they are pure fiction." 

A Dilliwala, Barun believes that family is very important and enjoys his time with his dear ones. He says "I love being with my family and friends. Since most of my friends in Delhi shifted to Mumbai and so there are no dull moments here so far as social life is concerned." In his leisure, Barun enjoys watching movies and chatting with close friends. He also loves to travel. Ask Barun what he misses the most and he says, "Delhi. It's home. I miss my parents as they are based in Delhi. I also miss the awesome food you get in Delhi." 

A bit disappointing news for all you girls who have been drooling over this dashing goodlooker. He's taken. Barun got married six months back to his childhood sweetheart. A coy smile lights up his eyes "We have known each other since school. Marriage is great. It feels good to be with the person you love."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Jahnvi- thumbnail
thanks for sharing.
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
He's just AMAZING.

So what if he's taken? Abhi bi chance to hai yaaron 😆..
Edited by minuu - 12 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: minuu

He's just AMAZING.

So what if he's taken? Abhi bi chance to hai yaaron 😆..

Minuu.. behoodi kuch sharam kar... kinne logon pe line maregi.. 🤣
barun is amzing... love his smile. thnask for sharing

Dilwala Barun ... awwwn thast suits him
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thank you for sharing.

I am not a teenager.  I may be older, but I am not dead - this man is uber handsome and delicious.
StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
wow how very down to earth he sounds!!!
thanks tanu

Mallu
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Minuu.. behoodi kuch sharam kar... kinne logon pe line maregi.. 🤣

Tanuuu🤗🤗 Me? Sharam? I have full on sharam ☺️ Sirf 2 log, Maan Singh Khurana aur Arnaz Singh Raizada.. double date kari hooo 🤣
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
He's taken.. So? If we can still drool over GC , we can def do the same here🤣

He's a great guy and so reflects in his interview. I love how he described Arnav.. Grumpy? YES. short tempered and has no time for love, so thank god Lavs is not his love

I wanna see some soft Arnav soon, with Khushi..
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing. Barun is indeed a hardworker. Aww, he loves his family and wife. Best of luck Barun.