um41d
um41d

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Which is better and why?Tongue

Jugnu_244 IF-Rockerz
Jugnu_244
Jugnu_244

Posted: 27 June 2011 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Facebook for me s just to interact with my friends to see their pics & tjeir bade bade karnams they saranjam there.. lol. face to face communication is other thing.. I use fb playing games there.. but it's just as tafreeh like orkut or hi5 or etc.. 
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 27 June 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Barbie_244

Facebook for me s just to interact with my friends to see their pics & tjeir bade bade karnams they saranjam there.. lol. face to face communication is other thing.. I use fb playing games there.. but it's just as tafreeh like orkut or hi5 or etc.. 

Didn't understand these words. Confused

On topic: FB etc. are good only to an extent. They can't be a replacement for face to face or even over the phone communication.
But I like playing the games.
Tongue
Jugnu_244 IF-Rockerz
Jugnu_244
Jugnu_244

Posted: 27 June 2011 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Barbie_244

Didn't understand these words. Confused

On topic: FB etc. are good only to an extent. They can't be a replacement for face to face or even over the phone communication.
But I like playing the games.
Tongue

karnams & tafreeh. means using that just for funSmile

blue-ice IF-Stunnerz
blue-ice
blue-ice

Posted: 27 June 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
The difference between FB and face to face communication is like looking at a pic of a choclate and actually eating one...

But in this age when my family and friends are scattered all over the world ...and its difficult to meet them and their families on a regular basis...FB is the next best thing to actually meeting them...I have reconnected with so many of my HS and College friends and its amazing to see them with their families and kids...something that would not have been possible without FB...The only thing is that we have to be very careful about what we post on the net...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mittijalebireturn_to_hades

Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 27 June 2011 at 12:29am | IP Logged

For me No doubt...before and after FB,...I love to interact with people face to face...thats a different feel...Bcos in FB, 80% of the people in the "people you may know" mod!!Smile

zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 27 June 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Face to face meeting has its own charm anyday but the way everyone is busy its rare to have much meaningful tlk in the short face to face meeting. FB or any other means of keeping in touch could be more expressive.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 27 June 2011 at 9:15am | IP Logged

Both FB and Face to face communication have their place.

There was a time when planning a large gathering of friends involved a lot of phone calls and back and forth. A FB event lets it happen seamlessly. My friend organizes a  get together of  50+ people sometimes for a Harry Potter midnight showing. However, FB cannot replace the actual experience of being with friends, watching the movie and discussing it.

FB is very important to me to keep in touch with people. I grew up in India and have a lot of friends back home. When I moved here I was out of touch and disconnected. With FB, I can see what is going on with them and share what's going on with me.  One of my closest friends got engaged and will be married end of this year, it is not feasible for me to be there so FB is the next best thing. The same goes for family. I have family scattered all across and its not feasible to keep in touch easily due to different places, different time zones. Growing up I did not know what my cousins in US were doing or even what was going on with relatives in Goa. Now when my little cousins do a dance recital, I can see the videos right away or know right away that my uncle is being an awesome doctor that he is by going to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry concerts in the front row. It does not replace being there with friends and family, but it lets you be close and in touch when that's not feasible.

FB and other social media also provide a channel for people who maybe shy, introverted or have narrow interests to socialize. It helps people find other people who share common interests and engage in meaningful discussion. It helps people find other fans of a small band, a niche author or an indie film maker. For many people it serves as an ice-breaker and conversation platform before engaging in realtime conversations.

There are varying schools of thought – some people feel that social networking is killing human communication, others feel that its just a new mode of human communication just like telephone was the new mode when it was invented.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

Go to top