Debate Mansion

Is it right to talk back to parents? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arti_4ever

Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by arti_4ever

I think you should retort because that would just aggravate the problem...

<div></div>you mean "should not retort"

Lol yeah...
Yes you are right. With parents, teachers, bosses and customers you gotta be careful.LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is it right to talk back to parents? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by -Kanky-

I dint catch talking-back, mind enlightening me?

Though, parents do mind when you say merely a word.
It is like your parents, mostly mothers are compulsive and control freaks.
Everything you do alarms them in an oddly annoying way.
No wonder I fight with my mother everyday.

Daughters n mums are often buddies and they may argue n become friends again.
Most men do not want to take sides in such cases or they may get killed later.LOL

Daughters and mums are females, Sir.
Hence, they are most unlikely to be friends. 
The thing is, with every word the daughter speaks, the much her mother considers that her reign is set to wind up. Wacko

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rabees011Angel-likeDevil

rahmona_pakswe

IF-Sizzlerz

rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
The fight I sometimes have with my 10-year old. Yeeesh! Wacko And I hate when she talks back because as a parent I feel like she isn't giving me enough respect. But that's how almost every parent feel. I remember when I was in my early teens. My mum always complained how I talked back and not giving her respect. My biggest issue was my big mouth (still is an issue LOL). The big difference might also have been because she grew up in Pakistan wherelse I grew up in Europe. She never questioned her parents or anyone for that matter. But I questioned everyone and everything. LOL

Now I'm not saying that being born and raised outside India/Pakistan  makes you more rude or something but the culture is different. In Pakistan, when my mum was a young girl, she was taught to obey her elders and never to question anything. The word 'why' was a big no no. It was a way to instigate fight. Wherelse here in Europe, going to school, I was taught to ask 'why' all the time which irritated my mum to the core. Which further on led to some quarrels between us.

Sorry for going off-topic but going back to the question. No it's not right to talk back not to your parents or anyone else. Not even kids. But we do that all the time, even knowing it's wrong, because we are humans and when we feel our authority is questioned or we are being wrongly accused it's naturally to react like that.

Hopefully you all understood what I've been trying to say in my post. I can be quiet unclear when it comes to explaining and forwarding my opinions. Sorry!

Also everything above mentioned is my personal opinion.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Armaania..

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 10 July 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Is it right talking back to parents?  - YESSS ! :D

...until you make sense and they're in a mood to listen to us.

The same would happen between my mom and me...I grew really tired of all those arguements, she would say SOO many hurtful things just for doing stuff "my way"and I would yell back at her and even cry. 
Now, I first see if she's in a mood to listen to me, if she is not.. I simply listen to her or make up an excuse Tongue TBH, she's changed a bit too...she also respects me more these days Ermm 

simi_1

IF-Rockerz

simi_1

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Think most parents are very protective of their children and that is why they always try to dictate terms based on their own little experience.  

Talking back is a big no no for me, and know for sure that  talking back will only aggravate the situation and if i do that with my mom it will only seal any remote chances of an affirmative reply from her

Making a point does not mean you talk back, & My mom and I don't always agree on everything, but I always ask her if she will let me explain myself, many times, she listens, and sometimes without a second thought she says NO, and I truly hate it

But just walk away hurt & crying, and  eventually either she comes around or I get her point. SO far it has worked for us, and anyday prefer peace over arguments

Edited by simi_1 - 11 July 2011 at 2:04pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
-Me talking back to my Mom was OK...I was making a point and she was not ready to listen...

-My daughter talking back to me...not OK...what does she think talking back to me...i am her Mom...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

simi_1Beyond_the_Veilrahmona_paksweAngel-likeDevilVinzy

x-Sundas-x

IF-Dazzler

x-Sundas-x

Posted: 13 July 2011 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
I agree with you. How can parents expect us to listen anything and not say a word? I think parent should be understanding they should know that their child has a right to say something. If I don't say anything to then they'll won't know what I feel. However when you're parents are angry just let them cool a bit then tell them listen I know you are saying this but hear me out. That's what I do. Let them talk first then talk when they are finished.

Mike303

Mike303

Posted: 20 July 2011 at 10:20am | IP Logged
I think it is depend on the the tone you talk back.If you talk back screaming and shouting Ithink It's wrong but you can explain them smoothly after their anger end.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top