Page 7 of 11

a little faith

Goldie

a little faith

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Originally posted by a little faith

Kankshita,

So, you think you can dance? Sorry, so you think monkeys can write? LOLThey write as well as I can dance. It's subjective and relative, as most if not all things are in essence.
I am apt to reply, like momentarily. Believe me the shock is just as you intended it to be, as exhilarating as it is startling.
Dunno if I'd continue, you know how it goes! I would never insult you with predictability.

Yes, I like too. He, is somebody under development, so he's the premature baby in the story, I will be able to slight his regard from other people only once I develop him. :) I look forward to it.

Inspired? Enlighten me about that.
Inspired for me is something that strikes before me, falling from the sky like lightning. It's origin is beyond my reasoning.  It is wondrous as opposed to the wonderful wherein we can hazard a guess to their roots, tracing their flow back to some point between existence and nothingness, Kankshita, most of the things you say leave me dumbfounded but in a truly enchanting way.

What are, breath' actors. As what I have conjured in my mind, is making me blush. Embarrassed I must be mistaken. I sure dint mean that, but just in case. Anyway, blush is creepy.  Now that we have established what it isn't, may we clarify what is aspires to conjure or be?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Story: Scholastic Affair (Page 7)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

a little faith

Goldie

a little faith

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
It was raining microscopic compounds, if not cats and dogs. As I said, wondrous! Embarrassed

gracefully put her point across to a random homeboy from class using her knife-edged nails. & she refused to inflict any sense of knowingness on herself and regretted being random in the first place.  Beautiful detailing. I love how you are describing their character whilst you develop it too. In the form of Austen yet very much in your style. Bruce Lee said, that To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. In my opinion that is exemplified in Austen's characterizations.  We cannot see into their hearts, no soliloquy or dear diary moments, as those that clutter modern day pieces, but interactions with others, layered with their opinion of them too, so that in truth we learn more about their hearts.  I learn more about Elizabeth, in her estimation of Darcy, her sister Jane, Wickham and of course the best illumination in the form of Charlotte, a very much underrated characterization.  I digress. Where I intended to travel, was the point that you too, use their opinions of things, and their interactions with people to illuminate the contents of their stomach and inner workings of their hearts.  Skillfully done.  StarStarStar

an imaginary dictionary round the 'F' and 'S' sections  I loved that you chose these letters, those hushed tones, the whispering quality they imply.  Compelling circumstances of closeness, of secret somethings said to somebody. Excellent!

"Yes, tart." Karan made an attempt to imitate, barely considering the shut-up-and-run-for-your-life institution. I loved the movements of Comedy in this line. The threatening outward delivery of tart,  mimicking hers, repeating for full impact as well as the inward teetering upon a failing to fall, or falling fail, which ever came first. LOL Brilliant.

ONLY bettered by this last moment, He did not answer, though he was heard cussing class ten A collectively for some reason. LOLLOLLOL, Just sublime.

The passages in between were written with charm. The dialogues vying to distract us away from Karan's inner turmoil with their wit and wry, layered in history of supporting cast that is just skillfully written AND YET, it is Karan who has our attention, divided as it is, just like Karan.

Kankshita, an excellent chapter.  A wondrous SS. With wonderful love, Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 03 July 2011 at 1:31pm

epiphany.

--jiya--

IF-Rockerz

--jiya--

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 2:45pm | IP Logged

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nidhsara

behaved as though silence-please was done to the library in the same fashion in which the owner furnishes his house, but no guest comments on the wood the front door is carved out.
This one is my favourite in this installment...
Enjoyed it 
So you have earned antagonists but for what reasonConfused...beats me...
Thank you for the update and pm and do continue soon

No antagonists, just alienated language to converse with a friend! Big smile
And thank you very much! =]

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --jiya--

reserved!

*edited*

phew!! managed to edit this before you put up the next update.. now dats an achievement for me!!
well.. I am kind of liking the hate-love equation between the protagonists.. the reason being their communication with each other seems more realistic than our sag old coochi-cooing besties who seem to be living in denial and eventually turn out to be madly in love with each other.. I also liked the little input of Amaira's brother in the installment..
Yeah, that is kind of stupid - whole institute of denial. And Amaira's brother is a phantom character, there. Personally, I am writing him as though he's my elder brother, kind of. 

all in all.. a nice chapter to read! hope to see the next part up soon!
Thank you. Approve

thnx for the pm

~jiya~

--jiya--

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Untamed-

Lovely update Kanky. I told you in my previous comment also that this makes a very good read. I love the equation between the leads. It's awesome.

Very well written & very gripping.

Continue soon. :-)
Thank you very much, Nidheya.
And I see you are enjoying being a Potterhead too much these days.
I like it too! Approve

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dmgmjht4ever

I don't have much to say about this part, simply because the humorous and the light-hearted context makes me giggle silently. I'm taking your suggestion, and I hope I can complete that little one-shot. Then again, my procrastination will overpower it. I don't have much to say this time around, but I'm sure it won't be next time.

It is completely alright to have nothing to say, you know?

I personally dun like speaking unless I make sense. Tongue
Be good, Niks. 
And anyway, thanks! Approve

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 11 July 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SajanRox

THANKS.. for the PM Kanky..

This is an awesome piece of work by you! I would love to read it further..
Thank you, I'd love to write it further. =]

Karan and Amaira seem to be enemy-friends.. I am sort of confused!
Can you do me a favor, just post a CS or something like which clears out all the roles and characters..
They are antagonist, true and I will try to write down character sketches soon.

Nice use of vocabulary! I am galvanized.. You are a superb writer.. Thanks a ton for the PMs!
You're welcome, mostly. Thanks for the appreciation!

I am so sorry that I did not comment earlier when you posted Chapter One!
I was quite busy.. I had not even read the part and forget to reserve too.. I just read both Chapter One and Chapter Two right now!
No problem, glad you showed up! Approve

The concept sounded fresh and new to me so I liked the PM tab and I am truly very glad I did so..

Awesome adaptation of Pride and Prejudice! I am currently in the process of reading that book too. This one sounds cool and new!
Pride and Prejudice is a different story, gal. But I am sure you'd like it, my favorite! 

Kunal is Amaira's brother? I could not understand that part. I would be humbled if you would post a Character's Sketch. The part was a little confusing too!

Kanky, we have a new and awesome Short Story here and I would love to read it further!

It is wonderfully executed and I could gather up the words, just that the Characters sound confusing..

Thanks a lot for the PM and So Sorry for not commenting earlier.. Will try and comment on every update!

Continue Soon and Do PM me..

Best Wishes..
Uh, alright and thank you heaps for the feedback!
See you around! 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top