Story: Scholastic Affair (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 11

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nidhsara

Your stylish complication with the element of a classical novel madam produced a very interesting read.
Nice selection of names too...especially Amaira...
I have never been much into Classic's...so I don't remember Pride and Prejudice(though I am fairly sure I have read it)
Hoping to read it again through your Karan and Amaira
Continue soonSmile
Classical or non-classical is a personal choice, Nidha. :) 
And thank you about the name, everyone seems to like it. 
And you would only be able to read elemental extracts from the book here, the story being different.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback! Approve

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CavingIn

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Story: Scholastic Affair (Page 4)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --jiya--

reserved!! and i also look to reserve a place in your pm list!!Approve

*edited!!*

Sorry I'm late.. I was waiting for the weekend so that I could read it with all concentration, for it was not something I could get the full hang of with an one-glance read.. Ahaan, no problem with the delay as long as you like what you read. :) 

You have a nice style Kanky, and you do know that. The complexity of the prose makes it just more endearing to read and almost forces the reader to stick her mind into the chapter and nowhere else...  Yes, I preconceive I like my style and the compliment's eloquent, thank you!

I liked the name Amaira.. I think everyone did..lol Yes, I think so too. 

Good job.. hope to see the next chapter soon! Sure, Jiya. Big smile

~jiya~

--jiya--

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheWandmaker

Luvly FF dear, It was a good read =)
Though i hvnt read Pride n Prejudice buh i hv heard abt it quite a Lot..One of those days..! I will take the effort to actually sit n read itEmbarrassed
Nice names u picked Amaira and Karan <3
Really like your style of narration, you had me glued =D

Do cont soon =)
Thanks for the PM Embarrassed

-ZeeJay! =)

Reading P&P wouldn't need to you essay, ZeeJay - just read, and I'm almost sure you'd like it. :)
Thanks bout the names. 
And if I got you glued, I am awesome. Cool

You're welcome, mostly and thank you too for the feedback!

P.S The avi in your display is sweet. 

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mais-

Well...can I be honest? I had to read it thrice to understand what was going on (well not so much...but its sorta late! :P) Anyway, from what I did get is that its another complex piece from your side that I am willing to read. Yes, even though it kinda ran over my head, I still want to read more from it cuz it seems interesting. I am liking the chemistry between Amaira and Karan. I am sure with later chapters my brain will run fast enough to comprehend what you want to deliver Tongue

Don't go on my dark-suspense-writer image, I am very dimwitted!! Thanks for the PM larki! Wink

Honest is good, Milady.
Okay, I know that people got problems with the rate of comprehensive in what I write and speak.
But, I guess it just makes me smugger. Nuke

This ain't complex, trust me. 
But then you dun really wanna know what complexity is, do you? 

Kay, you are a dimwit. Yet, thank you so very much! Big smile

lostmymusic.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dmgmjht4ever

I am ashamed to say that I have never read Pride and Prejudice. :P
Well, Niks. I think it is just your taste which never led you to it, but you can always try, if you will. 

Like I've previously told you on your older fan fictions/one-shots/short sorts, your titles are always eye catching. Romantic Antiques, Enmeshed in Love, Forbidden Fruit, and our fan fiction, Perennial Devastation, are all interesting to read just by looking at the title. Scholastic Affair is none less. 

I was all set to copy a title of Sabah's earlier but then I thought, why not my usual? So, thank you, this ain't bad, now that you say so! 

Oh plagiarism, ain't that a thing? However, I love how you added in your favorite book into the story. Plus the quotes you have taken out of the book are wonderful. In a way, they cope within the segment shortly after the quote.

Of course that is a thing. The quotes are wondrous but have nothing to do with my skill. They cope? Cool. 

Karan and Amaria remind me of a few classmates in my grade, so I drew a connection, according to their personalities. The duo is interesting, and I am eager to read more of them. One question though, is the setting of the story in India? I am just inferring from Miss Adams, so I became a little lost on where they are located.

First, they are pretty real, given my skill at developing fiction is not very sound, I only observe and manipulate. Second, the setting is in India, a certain elite school, though. :) 

Overall, it's a wonderful start. Hoping to see more.

Sure thing, and thanks! Big smile

-Nikki
-Kanks

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fantasia.

P& P - Shamelessly i am NOT a P& P fan! .. Approve .. I have read it though, reading P&P is an obligation for every literature student , but i find it extremely slow!, btw Darcy at places did made me go .. *sigh* ... and one of those times was the second quotation u used ,, i love honest men!! .. 

Nothing shameless bout this, right.  Even I find other Jane Austen works slow, but kind of - she is an ethereal author, one of my favorites, given the way she used to write is enticing and well, exuberant! Honest men, antonyms put together. LOL

anyways coming to your piece .. Closely knitted, well structured, loaded with vocabulary and vivid descriptions - all in all another master piece .. i am all in .. so consequently requesting you to continue soon!! .. Approve
Thank you very much, and I shall continue soon, indeed. Approve

Fantasia.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aish_punk

hey kanky..nice concept..

karan and amaira seem like two fun teens, dude :D lol @ him making fun of her and she wasn't least bothered!

they had to enact a scene though, interesting!

thanks for the pm
update soon

Thank you very much, Aish. 
They are fun, cause normally school kids are fun to each other, if not to the teachers!
And enacting scenes is all I am gonna make them do throughout. LOL

Sure, thank you. 

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by a little faith

Kankshita,

There are templates and then there is Pride and Prejudice.  Enough said.
And this is a one-liner I will use when people complain they dun get P&P, and also promote Bride and PrejudiceCool

"If a woman is partial to a man, and does not endeavour to conceal it, he must find it out." Jane Austen like Shakespeare are the reasons I would never aspire to label myself as a writer.  Sure I write but so do monkeys.  Embarrassed Anyway, I love every line of hers, for that rich detailing that is insightful as it is eloquent.  I am not here to lecture you on Austen BUT meant to say that I loved this opening quote of yours, for if one were to read with all seriousness of literal intent, then it simply states that it is inevitable that a man would understand that a lady likes him.  However as Austen weaves the plot, we realize that it is not always so and so if one were to read with an affectation of pedantic correctness masking an predilection for silliness, then it states that if a woman likes a man, and as Austen wryly states, fails or choses not to hide it, as is expected from propriety, then it is an obligation upon the man to seek it out, to find out! LOL Thereby insinuating that if a woman is so brazen then it is only courtesy that a man should notice.  LOL However upon a tangent, I like to think that it means that despite all the signs and signposts men still hunt for clues! LOL Regardless, it is as you wish. Embarrassed  I shall stop here, for I am well able to wax lyrical about Austen's notes forever. [Yes, I know I only amuse myself, but since you are apt to not reply, I shall continue quite unguarded in my apt reply.] 

So, you think you can dance? Sorry, so you think monkeys can write?
And your explanation, without your infamous conciseness is wondrous. 
I am apt to reply, like momentarily. 
Dunno if I'd continue, you know how it goes! 

Hence, he did. I see you took the literal way. 

I wanted to make this simple, actually.

I loved, JUST LOVED, your opening descriptions from which we glean their characterizations. Amaira had a knack of favoritism and Karan was her favorite guy in class She has high standards and therefore by default almost, he becomes worthy in all eyes.  Finely done! 

Yes, I like too. He, is somebody under development, so he's the premature baby in the story, I will be able to slight his regard from other people only once I develop him. :)

As always your prose is laced with gems that act as a drug subduing me into their wanton ways.  sarcasm-cookies she baked, anti-chauvinistic slang.of the arena of sprawled bacteria and also, crimson ants.

I liked their chemistry, which is not as easy as you make it out to be, playing with such chemicals can create reactions, but then again explosions and then again benign banality. For once, use those beefy arms and touch people, nobody can be more contagious and unhygienic than you LOL Wonderful! 

Thank you. All the left mushy sentiment deep within me drains out completely when I am writing them. Good thing, I'd say. 

as inflexible as a belly dancer that Karan was Just the inspired descriptions I have come to expect from you. This one was just splendid! 

Inspired? Enlighten me about that. 

I loved the quote [Although I prefer Wentworth's you pierce my soul, I am half agony half hope]  and I am sure, intentionally, threw me off, at such intensity before even first flutterings had begun.  Or maybe, I have missed much? 

I liked the subtle absorbing of Darcy into Karan. Finely done.  

Thank you, I thought it was misfitting, though. But um, now that you like it. 

What are, breath' actors. As what I have conjured in my mind, is making me blush. Embarrassed I must be mistaken.  

I sure dint mean that, but just in case. Anyway, blush is creepy. 

I think this was the easiest thing I have read of yours, as you seemed more focused upon the plot, which was wonderfully woven. A real treat to read.  With much love, Sabah

And I'd say, true. You get my purpose, sigh.
Thank you very much! Hug

Post Reply New Post

Go to top