Story: Scholastic Affair (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 11

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 25 June 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Edited my comment Kanky :))

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Story: Scholastic Affair (Page 3)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 25 June 2011 at 5:58am | IP Logged
hey kanky..nice concept..

karan and amaira seem like two fun teens, dude :D lol @ him making fun of her and she wasn't least bothered!

they had to enact a scene though, interesting!

thanks for the pm
update soon

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

You-Know-Who

IF-Dazzler

You-Know-Who

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Edited my post on page 1

--jiya--

IF-Rockerz

--jiya--

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
edited my post on pg 2!

a little faith

Goldie

a little faith

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Kankshita,

There are templates and then there is Pride and Prejudice.  Enough said.

"If a woman is partial to a man, and does not endeavour to conceal it, he must find it out." Jane Austen like Shakespeare are the reasons I would never aspire to label myself as a writer.  Sure I write but so do monkeys.  Embarrassed Anyway, I love every line of hers, for that rich detailing that is insightful as it is eloquent.  I am not here to lecture you on Austen BUT meant to say that I loved this opening quote of yours, for if one were to read with all seriousness of literal intent, then it simply states that it is inevitable that a man would understand that a lady likes him.  However as Austen weaves the plot, we realize that it is not always so and so if one were to read with an affectation of pedantic correctness masking an predilection for silliness, then it states that if a woman likes a man, and as Austen wryly states, fails or choses not to hide it, as is expected from propriety, then it is an obligation upon the man to seek it out, to find out! LOL Thereby insinuating that if a woman is so brazen then it is only courtesy that a man should notice.  LOL However upon a tangent, I like to think that it means that despite all the signs and signposts men still hunt for clues! LOL Regardless, it is as you wish. Embarrassed  I shall stop here, for I am well able to wax lyrical about Austen's notes forever. [Yes, I know I only amuse myself, but since you are apt to not reply, I shall continue quite unguarded in my apt reply.]

Hence, he did. I see you took the literal way.

I loved, JUST LOVED, your opening descriptions from which we glean their characterizations. Amaira had a knack of favoritism and Karan was her favorite guy in class She has high standards and therefore by default almost, he becomes worthy in all eyes.  Finely done!

As always your prose is laced with gems that act as a drug subduing me into their wanton ways.  sarcasm-cookies she baked, anti-chauvinistic slang.of the arena of sprawled bacteria and also, crimson ants.

I liked their chemistry, which is not as easy as you make it out to be, playing with such chemicals can create reactions, but then again explosions and then again benign banality. For once, use those beefy arms and touch people, nobody can be more contagious and unhygienic than you LOL Wonderful!

as inflexible as a belly dancer that Karan was Just the inspired descriptions I have come to expect from you. This one was just splendid!

I loved the quote [Although I prefer Wentworth's you pierce my soul, I am half agony half hope]  and I am sure, intentionally, threw me off, at such intensity before even first flutterings had begun.  Or maybe, I have missed much? 

I liked the subtle absorbing of Darcy into Karan. Finely done. 

What are, breath' actors. As what I have conjured in my mind, is making me blush. Embarrassed I must be mistaken. 

I think this was the easiest thing I have read of yours, as you seemed more focused upon the plot, which was wonderfully woven. A real treat to read.  With much love, Sabah

epiphany.

-RageOfAngelz-

IF-Sizzlerz

-RageOfAngelz-

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 5:10am | IP Logged
I m SO SORRY i missed out on this in my inbox...Embarrassed..i crash-landed rather late here...ok..but now that i have,i don't wanna miss out on anything here...i always  maintain that u come across as an extra-ordinary 14 yr old...n a AWESOME writer,not to forget...Smile PNP enthralls me evrytime  i read it,so it would be GREAT to read something inspired by it..(i don't like to call it plagiarism Stern Smile)

i LOVED the names..Amaira...n the friendship between the two.the set-up is simply beautiful...n ur story...as usual..-FLAWLESS...Thumbs Up

Do update soon...i've become a  regular here in the writers corner now,as a reader obviously..Winkthanks to Nidz n her antics of dragging me here in the pretext of something or the other,so i won't miss out on ur story at all...Smile

Debzy..Hug

Edited by -Debzyy- - 28 June 2011 at 5:12am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.safeplacetoland

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by You-Know-Who

EDIT :

Alright, so I remember reading this day before, and now I remember, forgetting to edit it yesterday.
And whatever! 

But now that I'm here, I'd like to tell you K, that the beauty of your write-up only beats its complexity. And what is that supposed to mean? 

I'd tell you why I liked the first part, it reminded me of days back in school when we used to do these silly things of removing rubber bands and throwing that in bacteria. I could so relate to that. You can always do these silly things, stinking rubber bands are in, whatever age you are, generally or otherwise. Approve

But, No, that's not the only reason I enjoyed reading your piece, of course. Yeah, I guess! 

The characters you've etched are intriguing, I'd say is one reason. Like i see a lot of Elizabeth in the girl, Amaira (i like the name!) but I am yet to have a glimpse of Darcy in the boy. The boy is hardly an ounce of Darcy, but yes - they are going to possess tidbits of Elizabeth and Darcy, just tidbits. :)  

So, umm, looking forward to read this story!! Certainly, A. 

Love,
A!

K!

You-Know-Who

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 28 June 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Untamed-

res :))
Edited- This makes a fantastic read Kanky. I love it. And I seriously think I need tp give P&P a chance! LOL I am not much into classics. Anyways, I love the friendship Amaira and Karan share. I love Amaira's name. It's unique and different. I think the story's giving you an incorrect impression about the novel, Amaira and Karan are not like them, and the story is not in reminiscence either. But you must read the book!  :) 

I love how you have written this one. Do update :) Ahaan, thanks! 

Nidheya
Me-Secrecy-Ridden Big smile

safeplacetoland

Post Reply New Post

Go to top