Maaneet OS: To Be Loved Updt Part 2 6/24

madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello my dear dearies!!! πŸ˜†
Okay I did start writing the next part of whispering knolls but then during my break in the office I came across this random magazine. I rarely read them but I was so bored that I decided to give it a shot at reading' nothing interested me until the last 3 pages of the magazine that contained a short story with a picture of a cute little girl. I started reading it without really expecting anything n then to my surprise I was totally hooked it' it was indeed a very beautiful short story (one shot technically) n I was sooo inspired by it that an idea came to my mind' well this is my first shot at something serious... I have weaved a story around maaneet using the story i read... the first part ur are going to read is totally off of my imagination n was not part of the actual story I read. I wanted to set a scene for maaneet πŸ˜‰ the second part contains the actual encounter between a little girl and Geet (well in that short story the charac's name was something else) that was part of the short story... let's see if u like it 😊

PLEASE NOTE:
i have not plagiarized any work. in fact the title is different too... i have been inspired to write a similar story that shall contain totally different scenario than the original... its just the concept i am trying to incorporate in my work...

Love
Madhu

Edited by Maaneet_09 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madhu.pmlist thumbnail

Part 1: The Brewing Storm

Everything in the house lay scattered. The expensive vases had been shattered to pieces the table lamps had been thrown across the floor, and the loveseats from the couches lay on the floor. Paintings and photos hung on the wall were torn apart and the Belgium mirror on the wall reflected thousand images due to a huge crack in the middle of it. The house carried an unusual, almost eerie silence after what seemed to be an effect of a huge cyclone.

Just a few hours ago the house was full of life; her musical laughter echoed through the house filling the house and his heart brimming with joy and pleasure. Even her melodious voice soothed his soul to no end. People would think she was the number chatterbox, ready to talk about anything and everything, even if woken from the middle of her sleep, but strangely that's what he found the most attractive and cute thing about her. She would talk to him for hours together and he would simply listen to her, relish her presence, and calm his restless heart. Even today she had come to see him after her weeklong business trip. His joy knew no bounds at the thought of her return and his heart made several somersaults at the thought of her company. He had made all the arrangements for a perfect dinner date that he had been planning for several weeks now. He overlooked the table setting to make sure it was exactly the way she liked it; two calla lilies along with one lavender in the center. The laced white tablecloth neatly covered the table two small candles stood at each end. The sweet aroma of the room reflected the rainforest scent emitted from the candles. He stood outside the dimlight door checking the settings for the umpteenth time before turning around and heading downstairs. A small smile played in the corner of his lips relishing the moments he had spent with her since childhood. Every incident played in front of his eyes; their first walk to school in kindergarten, the first time she got hurt while playing on the swing in second grade, the first time they stole mangoes from the neighbor's farm in Hoshiarpur in third grade, the first time they fought in fifth, the first time she kissed him in seventh grade, the first time he took her out in ninth on a date grade on his bike, the list went on. Every single time she never failed to surprise him and he could never think a life without her. And today he wanted to make her assent to be permanently present in his life. He was feeling his bulging pocket for the last time when he heard the sound of the doorbell. His eyes lit up at the sound of the bell and he hurriedly skipped down the stairs and reached the door, gasping for breath. He opened the door to find a beautiful angel smiling at him.

"Geet?" he said, almost unsure she was actually standing in front of him. She jumped with a squeak straight into his wide held for her. He grabbed onto her petite waist tightly as though he was scared she might disappear any moment. He held her close to her, her body molding into his tall and perfectly chiseled body. She hung tightly onto him as though her dear life depended on it. He buried his head in her hair, inhaling her sweet aroma. "I missed you jaan," he whispered into her ear.

Geet slowly slid off of him to stand on her feet but didn't let go of his embrace. She looked at his handsome and flawlessly carved face. His stubble looked a little overgrown than usual and he seemed to have dark circles under his eyes. Yet he appeared ecstatic at her arrival and his face emitted a glow. His smile reached his eyes and danced there causing his eyes to twinkle. She smiled again at him, accentuating her cute little dimple on her left cheek. "I missed you too baby," she said kissing his cheeks.

"Hmm Maan, I smell something good," she asked inhaling deeply, "aapne khana banaya?"

"Of course! My darling is back home and main khana na banaun. Aisa kabhi ho sakta hai kya?" Maan said cocking his eyebrows.

"Oh my god, oh my god," she giggled, jumping up and down, her curly hair bouncing everywhere. "You are the best," she said hugging him once again.

"Yes I love you too," he said kissing her forehead and let his lips linger there for a while.

"Uff ho Maan," she said shaking her head and laughing loudly. "Anyways, chalo chalo chalo, mujhe bahut bhook lag rahi hai," she said patting her stomach.

"Tum fresh up hoke aajao I shall be waiting for you," he said and turned and walked towards the kitchen to check on the dishes.

"Alright, see you in a few," she yelled, running upstairs to their room.  

Geet walked out of their large walk-in closet in a crisp white one shoulder black and white dress. She let her hair out, letting the curls bounce around with each wave of her head. She applied her favorite midnight pomegranate lotion, which Maan had gifted for her birthday last month. It carried a particular musky yet sweet fragrance that she loved. She finished off her simple and chic look with light nude lip-gloss and a dab of khol in her eyes.

Maan stood near the end of the stairs eagerly waiting for her to join him in the ballroom where he had arranged for the dinner date. She gracefully walked down the stairs as though she was descending from heaven just for his sake. He involuntarily patted his racing heart at the sight of a smile that played around her lips hoping to calm it a little. He extended his hand in a gentlemanly fashion and she slipped her delicate fingers in his. They walked hand in hand towards the area where he had setup everything. They reached the entrance of the large hall that was beautifully decorated for her.

Geet gasped at the settings and turned to face Maan, wide-eyed. "Maan, it's beautiful," she whispered.  

"Just like you jaan," he said hugging her side-ways and kissing her cheeks.

"Magar yeh sab karne keliye kya zaroorat thi?" she said hitting him lightly on his arms.

"Zaroorat nahi balki avashyak thi," he grinned at his use of words.

"Wow Maan, I thought I was the best at playing with complicated words, look at you," she said in awe. "Sabash!" she said whacking his arm.

"Ouch Geet," he hissed, "you are praising me in your words but your actions speak a different language." "I mean I understand you cannot take someone speaking better than you, but jaan kuch toh khair karo," he winked rubbing his arms.

"Maan, baatein banana koi tumse seekhein," she said shaking her head.

"Tumne toh seekhi, dekho kitni badi lawyer ban gayi tum."

She giggled at his statement. "Chalein jahanpana?" she asked bowing down.

"Zaroor begam sahiba."

The dinner was as usual a quiet one from Maan's side while Geet went on and on about the new case for which she had to travel all the way to Delhi. He listened patiently to her non-stop talk about the new developments of the case, what she found in Delhi. They finally finished with the main course of her favorite Spanish cuisine and planned to wait out on the dessert until later.

"Maan, the dinner was amazingly delicious. Tum mard hokar bhi khana banana seekh liya," she whined. "Meri naani har baat pe kehti rehti hai, khana banana seekho, ghar saaf rakhna seekho, shaadi ke baad yeh sab karna padta hai, uff!" she said with frustration. "Isiliye mujhe shaadi vaadi se nafrat hai. Why do we have to bow down to the other person and dedicate our whole life to someone?"

"Uske liye mere paas ek solution hai, simple just marry a guy who cooks for you, cleans for you, aur haan who bows down to you," he grinned cheekily.

"Maan!" she screamed, her eyes widened.

"What? It was just a thought," he said innocently.

"But on a serious note, mujhe pata nahi how I can thank you for this wonderful and delisioso dinner," wetting her lips and smacking them gleefully.

"Bahut simple Geet, just give me your hand," he winked, looking at her lovingly.

Catching on the intention behind it, Geet widened her eyes at his solution. "Maan?"

"Yes?" he asked innocently.

"Shut up!" she yelled smacking his cheeks lightly.

"Chalo voh sab chodo, would you care for a dance with me please," he asked extending his hands.

Geet instantly agreed, happy at the change of subject. She adjusted herself into his embrace and they gently swayed to the light melodious music in the background. He slowly brought her closer to him and locked her tightly in his arms. She tightened her grip around his neck and comfortably rested her head on his chest.

"Geet?"

"Hmm?"

"Tumse kuch zaroori baat karni hai," he said looking at her seriously.

"I'm listening," she said with her head still on his chest.

He let go of her embrace and retreated a few steps behind, holding her hands. He looked at her lovingly and immediately went on his knee to the shock of Geet.

"Geet, I know I cannot use fancy words like you, but I know one thing for sure, without you I am incomplete. I want to love you and to be loved by you and for that mein vaada karta hoon ki tumhe main kabhi nahi chodunga, ek pal keliye bhi nahi," he paused to take out the ring box from his pocket. "Geet, will you be my Mrs. Khurana?"

Geet stood numb at his words and tears strung her cheeks. She couldn't believe Maan just proposed to her even after knowing the many things that happened in her life.

Geetanjali Raj Handa was the only daughter Rajveer and Mrinalini Handa and sole heir of the Handa Group of Industries. At the age of eleven, her parents mutually separated from each other due to irreconcilable differences causing her to spend six months with her dad and six months with her mom. While she was with her dad, she yearned for her mom's company, and while with her mom, she yearned for her dad's company. She badly wanted to spend time with both of them at the same time like all other normal children but her dreams of living and spending time together were shattered with their parents' decision to stay out of each other's life. Over the years her visits to her father had reduced drastically after she knew he had remarried and she preferred to live with her mom. But all throughout these years, her pillar of strength and solace was Maan.

Seeing her dad happily remarried with another woman and living a good life with his wife and kids had caused a deep impact in her mind. She refused to believe in the concept of love or marriage scoffing it to be just a mere act for sharing an intimate relationship. According to her, a man and woman could share a commitment free relationship without the hassle of love or marriage.

Maan Singh Khurana, the man feared by the world, was merely a little chuha in front of two women in this world, his Daadima and Geet. Since the age of six, when he had lost his parents in a car crash, his world revolved around his Daadima and Geet. She had taken care of him and brought him up without letting him feel the absence of his parents. The second most important woman in his life was his Geet. What had merely started as consolation at the age of six on their first day of school when he saw her crying bitterly over the fact that she hated being away from her dad, had turned into an everlasting friendship, and into finally something more beautiful for him. She was his light in his dark life, she was his pillar of strength in his weak moments, she was his everything, whom he could share his deepest secrets, darkest fears, littlest tidbits without the least bit of hesitation. He still couldn't fathom when he fell in love with that angel but he simply couldn't think about his life without her.

Maan had chosen the path of architecture and engineering in order to take over the reigns of the Khurana Empire while she chosen to be a lawyer. Maan often joked that her favorite pastime was to argue that she made good use of it through her profession. She had always brushed away his comment saying that his company had taught her to argue so well. Both took great pains to excel in them in their respective fields and flourished well them yet they never let go of each other's company. When she had chosen to study law down in Mumbai, he made sure he shifted his admission to a architecture school in Mumbai. When she had chosen her career in Bangalore, he shifted his head office and his head of operations to Bangalore.

"Maan," her voice came out in a deadly whisper. "You know I, I cannot do this," she managed to blurt in spite of the deep ache in her heart.

"Magar Geet," he began desperately.

"Just, stop it," she spat in anger, pointing her index at him. "I have told you enough times, mein yeh shaadi vaadi mein yakeen nahi karti," she said breathing heavily. "Why did you have to spoil this amazing date with your stupid proposal," she whined. She didn't realize her choice of words and by the time she could realize it, it was too late. Her words pierced his heart as though a speeding truck hit him. "Voh Maan, mera matlab voh na'" Maan signaled her to stop; he stood rooted to the spot, the water in his eyes threatening to fall any moment. He stood up and faced away from her in a huff, his words caught in his throat.

Unable to see Maan in such a condition, Geet decided the best thing to do and ran to her room, wiping away the tears that seemed to freely flow despite her efforts to not cry.

Few hours passed; Maan gathered his thoughts together and sniffed back his tears. He had indeed ruined the perfect date but he couldn't stop himself from proposing to her. he wanted her by her side, as his wife and he had promised himself to stay by her no matter the circumstances. He knew she feared that if she got attached to someone one day they might leave her just like her father. But he wanted to wipe away her fear and assure he would never leave her. "You are my life damn it!" he shouted, tipping the flower vase on the table. He walked hurriedly to their room only to find her packing her things in a hurry.

"Tum kahan jaa rahi ho?" he asked, looking confused. She kept silent and carried on packing her things into the large suitcase. "Main tumse hi pooch raha hoon," he said his voice a little louder. She looked at him, her eyes red from all the crying, for an instant and closed the suitcase and dragged it down the stairs. Maan ran behind her shouting, pleading, asking her not to leave him. But she just kept a deaf ear to his please and left without another word, shutting the door behind her.

Seeing her leave without a glance, he punched the mirror beside him, shattering it to thousand pieces on the floor. He pushed everything on the table in anger strew anything and everything his hands could reach around the hall. "Kyun Geet?" he yelled in frustration, "maine kya galti ki, is falling in love with you such a big mistake? Haan Geet?" "I wanted to share my life with you, as my wife, I wanted to grow old with you. Isme meri kya galti thi?" he asked kicking the table lamp, causing it to fly across the room. He tore his shirt off and angrily strode to the terrace balcony and furiously started practicing his Tai-Chi, hoping to vent his anger through his kicks and punches.

Geet's Dress..

so how do you like it so far... part 2 (the last part) coming soon... πŸ˜‰
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Part 2: Joys A Part/ Joy's Apart**

Geet sat in the plane, her thoughts drifting to the events of the day. She had fled away from the scene hoping to ease the aching pain in her heart. When he had proposed, she wasn't really prepared for it. She had clearly stated she would never commit for a relationship and he was completely okay with it although she knew he loved her dearly and dreamed of a wedding with her. She was and will never be ready for a committed relationship and marriage was never in her books. But when Maan had gone on his knees for her today, something in her heart had stirred; yet her fear of long committed relationships overrode causing her to flee from him. She decided that would be the best thing for both of them. Her stay with him would prompt him to dream about a hopeful wedding with her. She didn't want to give him hopes by staying with him and hurt him with her denial for marriage. So the only option was to keep herself away from him, so that he would be happy.

The captain of the flight announced the arrival and welcomed everyone to Mumbai. She took a taxi straight to her mother's house in Bandra. Other than Maan, her mother was her only refuge. Right now she just wanted to run into her mother's arms and lie on her lap like when she was young to assure her everything would be okay.

"Geet, tum?" her mother asked puzzled at her sudden appearance. Geet ran to her mother's embrace and held onto her tightly.

"I missed you ma," she managed to say. Her mother knew something was wrong, for Geet never visited her without informing. Her tear-stricken face and her deep sunken eyes said a different story altogether. And if she did, then that meant there was something serious going on. Not wanting to pester her further, her mother simply led her in and told that she would make something for her. Geet refused to let her go and held her wrist solemnly. Mrinalini led her to the nearest couch and gesture her to sit down beside her. Geet slumped beside her and placed her head on her mother's lap. Her mother bent and kissed her darling daughter on her forehead and gently caressed her hair. Silent tears rolled down from Geet's eyes.

"What happened darling?" Mrinalini asked, knotting her eyebrows. Geet shook her head vigorously and turned and hugged her mother and burst into tears. She continuously bawled like a child while her mother constantly rubbed her thumb on her arms and combed her hair, asking her to calm down. Mrinalini's doubts of something was wrong was confirmed with Geet's incessant crying. The last time she saw Geet crying was when she had learned about Rajveer's second marriage, after that she had always faced everything in her life with a determined mind. Emotions didn't have a place in her life. She took life as it came to her with no expectations or wants. Her decisions were rational and her thinking was too practical. But today to see her breaking down was something very unusual and Mrinalini wondered the root cause of her daughter's disturbance. She didn't want to insist Geet about what was bothering her and waited for her to compose herself before she brought the issue. Slowly her continuous crying came down and alternated from sniffs and sobs. Finally her tears died down and she stared blankly at the ceiling above.
"Geetu, remember I am always here. Whenever you are ready you can always talk to me. Teekhai?" Mrinalini smiled softly. Geet nodded, biting her lip from breaking down again. She caressed her forehead once again, "Maan kahaan hai?" she asked wondering he would always accompany her if he knew Geet was to visit her. She loved him like her own son and he took care of her darling daughter very well. She would have been more than happy to welcome him as her son-in-law but the pagal daughter of hers would never even step near the word marriage.

Geet's eyes widened at her mother's mention of that name, Maan. Unable to contain her emotions, she abruptly got up and wiped her tears away, "Ma mujhe bahut neend aarahi hai, can we sleep. Mujhe aapke paas sona hai," she said. Her mother was confused at her sudden change at the mention of his name. She curious as to what had really brought her here and why she fled hearing his name. She let her go hoping to piece the puzzle together on her own.

"Teekhai tum change karlo, I shall wrap up everything and be there in ten minutes."

Geet changed into a pair of pajamas, washed her face to rid of black stains on her face due to the dried tears on her face. She wore her hair in a ponytail and kneeled on the bed adjusting the pillows and blankets when her mom walked in. Geet saw her mother from the corner of her eyes and quickly snapped her fingers near her mouth, as though she was yawning continuously. Mrinalini didn't fail to notice her feigning a yawn and smiled, "Nautanki," she muttered under her breath at her childish act to keep her mother from asking again. Both slipped into the bed without further conversation. Geet closed her eyes tightly hoping to shun away her thoughts about Maan.

The beautiful morning dawned bringing a new beginning and new hope to many yet two people in the world dreaded its arrival. Maan, unable to sleep all night, had tossed restlessly on his bed, ashamed of his proposal that ruined her night. He paced around the room, every minute wishing he could take back what he said. He finally managed doze off on his couch. Geet had similarly tossed around, her thoughts delving back into Maan, his pain washed face when she called his proposal stupid. She couldn't forgive herself for behaving so immaturely at his proposal. She could have definitely sat down and talked to him about her reluctance but she had to blurt 'stupid'. But her mind had reasoned he very well knew about her and her thoughts about marriage, yet he managed to propose to her; that had infuriated her causing her to lose it. She slept off hoping she would wake up in his arms and all that happened would just be part of a huge nightmare.

The early morning rays of the sun shone brightly through Maan's window, illuminating his room. He woke up to find her absence and last night's events came crashing back to him. He groaned at the thought and banged his head back onto the couch in frustration. On the other side Geet groped around the bed for his presence but only to feel the coldness of the morning air surrounding her. She opened her eyes and frowned for she badly missed his warm embrace and his good morning kiss. She got up, clearly in a bad mood and stomped to the bathroom, muttering curses at him for causing her to miss her morning routines.

Geet ate her breakfast in silence while her mom observed her aloof musings and frequent mutterings under her breath. She chuckled at her daughter's absurd behavior. To confirm her suspicions she cleared her throat, "Geet, I miss Maan a lot, you should have brought him here too," she said keenly looking at Geet's face.

"Ma, I am going to visit the beach, I need to clear my mind of some things," she said conveniently ignoring the question at hand.

Her sudden declaration to get out of the house without bothering to answer about the question had confirmed her suspicions. Mrinalini knew some things could only be sorted without her interference. She didn't want to poke her nose and let Geet decide her feelings by herself.

Geet reached the beach; it was quite empty except for a bunch of people here and there. She was walking on the sand when she saw a young girl about six or seven years of age building a sandcastle or something of that sort. Geet, immersed in her own thoughts, walked past her without even looking at her.

"Hello!" young girl squeaked, looking up at Geet. Geet broke away from her thoughts to see a young girl, her eyes shining like the stars. Geet curtly nodded her head, not really wanting the attention of that young child. She tried to walk again when the little girl said, "Guess, what? I am building something," her chest swelling with pride.

"Oh that's very nice," Geet replied nonchalantly. "What are you building?"

"I am trying my hand at building a small canal around my little palace for my gudiya," she said pointing to her little doll. "Aapko pata hai, us mahal mein meri guidya rajkumar ke saat bahut khush rahegi," she said her eyes sparkling like the clear blue sea.

"Hmm," Geet managed to say hoping her less talk would stop that little kid from talking to her.

"That's a talking shell," the girl said pointing to something that lay a near the shore, a few feet away from where they stood.

"A what?"

"It's a talking shell, my dadda used to say it can solve any problem. It comes to bring us joy," saying so the little girl ran towards it. But the upcoming wave engulfed the shell and before they knew it was gone with the water. The girl stopped in her tracks seeing the disappearance of the shell and waved, "Goodbye joy!" She looked back at Geet, "Aapko pata hai when you are sad just keep the talking shell near your ears and it will talk to you and help you solve your problems," she said amused.

Geet scoffed at the little girl's enthusiasm, "Welcome sorrow," she said in a sardonic tone and started to walk away. Her main purpose of coming to the beach to clear her mind off of the things that was bothering her actually took a turn for the worse with the annoying girl's presence. As she couldn't scorn at the little one for being so excited about a shell on the beach, she wanted to go away before she lost her patience. Geet was definitely not happy of the things that were happening in her life. It almost seemed out of balance. And if one thing she hated was a life that wasn't under her control. She had always kept everything under control; even her emotions were always kept under check. But his proposal had evoked chaos in her mind and stirred unwanted emotions in her heart. And the fact that she didn't want to come face to face with the problem that caused a wreck in her irritated her more. She had never let her problems rule her but today she had let it take complete control over her actions causing her to end up in hiding her mother's home. She wondered how she turned into such a coward.

"You never told me your name?" the girl asked innocently. Geet wondered if the girl would ever give up.

"Geet," she replied, concluding the girl would nag her to no end if ignored. "My name is Geetanjali Handa."

"Mine's Radhika." "Aur aapko pata hai, I am going to turn seven two weeks from now," with her hands on her hips.

"Accha? That's very nice."

Radhika giggled at her reply. "You are funny," she said showing her two missing teeth. In spite of her gloom, Geet joined her in laughing and walked away.  

The little one's musical laughter followed her. "Come again Geet didi. We shall have another happy day."

Geet reached home by late evening appearing tired and distant to the curious eyes of her mother. "You love him don't you?" her mother asked out of the blue.

Geet's eye shot up at her mother. "What nonsense," she said irritated. "The word love doesn't exist in my dictionary."

"The word love doesn't exist in my dictionary," Mrinalini imitated Geet and shook her head. "Pagli, it doesn't exist in your dictionary but it does in your eyes."

"Whatever ma, I don't know from where you come up with these things, I don't love that idiot Maan," she said crossing her arms on her chest.

"Maine kab kaha voh Maan hai, oh achha voh Maan hai?" her mother asked surprised.

Geet bit her tongue; "Oh Mom please, mujhe bhook lag rahi hai, what's cooking?" she said hurriedly changing the topic. Mrinalini's heart danced with joy; her dream of Maan becoming her son-in-law would at last come true. She just hoped her buddhu daughter of hers realizes her love for him so that she could see them marry before her time ends.

The days that followed belonged to others; case readings for Geet decided to keep herself busy with her work, a silent rift with her Maan, and the discovery of her mother's deteriorating health.

Geet was enraged to find out about her mother's deteriorating health issues through the mistaken call from the doctor. Since she and her mother had a very similar voice when talking on phone the doctor managed to blurt out all the tests results to the shock of Geet. She had continuously fought with her mother for hiding from her but had to finally give up when her mother became emotional.

One morning while Geet was busy trying to cook something at the instructions of her mom, took her hands off stirring the soup, "I shall visit the beach today," she instructed herself. As she had been overwhelmed with the current issues at hand she never bothered to visit the beach to calm her nerves. Today, she felt she needed to spend some time alone.

The never changing seashore awaited Geet's arrival by late afternoon. She had completely forgotten about the encounter with the child and was startled appeared in front of her smiling her toothy grin.

"Aap aagayi Geet didi," she said animatedly. "Aap mujhse khelogi?" she asked eagerly.

Geet, "What do you want to play?" she said, her mind pre-occupied with things other than playing.

"Jo bhi aap kahengi."

"How about chupa chupi?" Geet asked, her tone hinting sarcasm.

Radhika burst out laughing loudly. "Magar didi, in this huge wide beach hum kahan chup saktein hain?"

"Haina? So why don't we just walk for sometime?" she asked looking at the little girl's bright features yet her face reflected a delicate fairness. They walked by the shore, the water hitting their bare feet periodically. "Where do you live?" Geet asked, curious why she found that little girl often by the shore.

"Vahan," she said pointing to a row of houses on the other side of the road.

They continued to walk while Radhika happily chatted away about the things she did when Geet wasn't visiting the beach. Geet nodded absent-mindedly as her thoughts went back to Maan. She wondered if he really missed her all these days she was out. He didn't make an attempt to reach her nor did he call her mother like he usually did. It was unusual of him to stay quiet especially after a fight she had with him. He always made it up within a few hours or maximum a day but he would never ignore her. She fretted whether she took him granted causing him to find another girl for himself. She despised at the thought of another girl beside him but quickly brushed it off thinking he would never think of another girl beside her. 'He loved her too much didn't he?' she thought but her mind hesitated to accept it. How could he still love her when she had repeatedly shunned his advances of marriage and commitment? She had always overstepped her rights and took his care and love for granted. She knew he had always dreamt of a family, a life in which he wanted to grow old with her beside him. But the thought of commitment itself freaked her out. Somewhere in her heart she feared that getting attached him in life, she might also be left alone just like her mother. This prevented her from getting too attached to the things around her.

Geet headed towards home after sometime when Radhika commented it had been a happy day. Geet felt surprisingly better at her declaration and smiled back genuinely at Radhika. "Indeed it has."

A week passed and Geet again met the little girl Radhika on the beach. She beamed at Geet's arrival but Geet was in no mood to even smile back at her.

"Hi Geet didi, aa'" she began only to be cut off by Geet.

"Look, I seriously am in no mood to talk today. If you don't mind could you please leave me alone?" Geet said sternly. She looked at the little one and her face seemed a little pale than usual and she was breathing hard as though she had problems breathing normal.

"Why didi? Is everything okay?" Radhika asked with concern.

"No nothing is okay damn it!" Geet shouted harshly at her. "How would it be okay, my mother died!" she screamed in agony shaking Radhika's shoulder furiously. Then she suddenly realized why was she talking all this to this strange little girl?

"Oh I see," Radhika whispered quietly, "then it is definitely a very bad day."

"Yes, today is a bad day, so was yesterday, and the day before," Geet said angry tears rolling down. "Oh just go away," she groaned before she completely lost her sanity in front of the girl.

"Did that hurt?"

"Kya?" Geet snapped.

"When she died, did it hurt?"

"Of course it hurt! What do you think?" she yelled and strode of in anger. She wondered if that girl would shut her annoying mouth. She was already drowning in sorrow and cursed that her Maan was not even there by her side to soothe her pain. On top of that this girl was asking if death would hurt? She wondered if she was so innocent to unaware or was she acting too smart.

It had been exactly a week when Geet again visited the beach as she her mother's thoughts haunted her as she stayed in that house. Geet remembered the last rough encounter with that little girl Radhika and felt very guilty of her behavior towards that innocent one. She admitted to herself that she did miss the little one's chirpy company. Figuring she would pay a visit to her, she went to the house Radhika pointed as hers. A young woman greeted her in her early thirties at the door.

"Namaste," Geet said hesitantly. "Main Geetanjali Handa. I was wondering where your little girl, Radhika is. I was actually missing her."

"Oh haan, Geetji please andar aayigeyega," the lady smiled, her smile not reaching her eyes.  "Radhika used to talk a lot about you. I hope she didn't trouble you much with her non-stop talking."

"Bilkul nahi'she was indeed a darling and delightful child," Geet said suddenly her words seeping into her. "Voh kahan hai?"

"Radhika died yesterday. She had severe case of heart murmur. I don't think she mentioned it to you," she said solemnly, her eyes filled with tears.

Geet couldn't believe her ears and the ground seemed to disappear for and she tried to grab the nearest chair as the news hit her hard. She slumped on the chair dumbfounded at the sudden news that swept her off her feet. She had never seen this coming; the girl whom she had known only for a very few days was no more.

"Radhika loved this beach a lot, thus I always let her come and play here. It always brought a smile in her lips and she cherished each day on the beach as a happy day. But in the last few days her health deteriorated rapidly," she said her voice in a deadly whisper. "But even in those days she used to talk about you, wishing you would visit her again for she felt bad for upsetting you. Actually she left something for you' ek minute main abhi aayi," the woman said disappearing in the nearby room.

Geet nodded foolishly, her mind was scrambling to say something soothing but her mind was completely blank for words. The woman came back with a big neatly wrapped gift box. On the top of the box it read "Geet didi' that seemed to be carefully written in childish letters. Geet carefully opened the box as though it was a delicately precious thing.

Inside the box was a huge conch shell; Geet remembered the mention of a similar shell on the day they met. She smiled through her tears as she slowly lifted the conch shell and leaned on it a little while her tears freely flowed down her cheeks. few seconds later she sniffed back her tears and looked into the box to find a brightly colored drawing of the sea along with two people building for what seemed like a canal around the sandcastle. Under one drawing the name Geet didi was written and the other Radhika in childish scribble. Geet instantly hugged the drawing that was now dearer than her life. The closed doors of her heart that had forgotten the word love opened wide.

Geet ran to Radhika's mother and took her in her arms. "I'm sorry, really sorry" she burst into tears but continuing to apologize in the midst of her sobbing. Both wept together having no words to soothe each other.

**************************************************************************************

Geet stood staring at the moon from the Khurana mansion in her dark green and golden lehgha choli, her ghungat clearly hiding her pretty face. The room was beautifully decorated with all types of flowers that hung around the king-sized bed. The door creaked slightly indicating her love's arrival. He entered into the room and gently latched the door. He searched through the dimly lit room for his lovely bride, the love of his life, his jaan, Geet. She stood near the window, facing away from him.

He strode towards her silently and came to stand behind her. Geet felt his presence and turned to face him with her head down. He put his thin long fingers under her chin and slowly lifted her to get a glimpse of her flawless and elegant beauty. To his shock her eyes were brimmed with tears that threatened to fall any second. She looked at him, her eyes reflecting her inner turmoil.

"Maan," she said softly. "Mujhe galat mat samajho. I need you to know, I have never taken advantage of your love and care for me. I shall never take your emotions granted and I promise to never take them for granted in the future too. You have meant everything in my life to me. I was a fool, buddhu, pagal, idiot, stupid, ugh I am running out of bad words here," she whined before continuing her rant. "It was silly of me to conclude you would leave me too like that stupid man who left his wife and kid for another woman," she said contorting her face. "I want to be loved Maan," she finished looking hopefully at him.

Maan just stared back her and before she began again he bent down and took her lips by surprise. He softly kissed her luscious lips before invading her mouth with a dash of his tongue. The kiss that had started as an assurance turned into something more demanding and hot. He explored the contours and the crevices of her mouth sensuously while she slipped her hands around his neck and finally caught his hair, bringing him closer to her. He deepened his kiss and tightened his grip on her petite waist and freely explored the bare skin that was exposed. She moaned against his mouth increasing his urge to kiss her as if there was no tomorrow.

Once Geet came back with the gift pack from Radhika's house, she rushed to pack her things and took the next flight to Bangalore, fearing she would lose him too if she delayed more. He had always stood by her and for her, so it was silly of her to fear he would leave her in any point of her life.

They let go of each other and gasped for breath. This man who stood in front of her, never failed to surprise her with his love for her. "Maan," she said cupping his cheeks, her breath still rugged. "I love you," pecking his lips and smiling through her tears.

"Do you have any idea how many years I have waited to hear these three words from you?" he asked looking at her lovingly. "Iska treat toh banta hai Geetanjali Maan Singh Khurana," he said his eyes glinting mischief. He lifted her and purposefully walked slowly towards their bed, savoring every moment with his beloved wife.

**************************************************************************************

"Radhika!" Geet yelled on top of her lungs. The gentle sea breeze hit her as she inhaled the salty air before yelling, "Radhika don't go too near the water!"

"Mamma don't worry, dadda is there always with me," the six-year-old squeaked. Geet smiled at her daughter's declaration; of course her Maan would always be there she thought looking at her handsome husband who was holding Radhika's hand tightly and walking back and forth as the cold waves hit their feet. She was admiring him when she heard Radhika jump up excitedly, "Mamma voh dekho it's a talking shell!"

"Haan shona, it's the talking shell, and it brings usβ€”"

"Joy!" Radhika completed proudly.

Maan and Radhika walked back Geet who was lying down on the sand under a huge beach umbrella. Radhika went back to building her sandcastle while Maan bent down to kiss her lips softly before settling down beside her. He shook his wet hair purposefully causing huge drops of water to fall on her face. "Maan!" she said feigning anger.

"Kya hua jaan?" he asked with a lop-sided smile.

"Behave Maan, we are at a public place," she said whacking his arm.

"Acchaji?" he asked tickling her.

"Maan please, chodo mujhe," she giggled trying hard to keep his hands off her. Unable to take his continuous tickling she abruptly got up and tried running away from him. He also got up with her and continued to assault her. She pried his hands off her and started running warning him to keep his hands to himself.

Ignoring her order he ran behind her, "Geet come back warna."

"Maan you are such an evil man, tumhari pregnant wife ko aise daudate hain kya?"

"What?" he asked his eyes widened. "Tum? Main?" he said running out of words. He brought her close to him and hugged her tightly before kissing her forehead tenderly. "Thank you jaan. I'" he began.

"I love you Maan," she said sealing her declaration with a deep kiss.

alright here is the next and last part... please ignore my mistakes as i hvnt had the time to edit it this part is reaaalllyyy serisously longgg i better get long comments if u want a WK update 😈 (i know i am such an evil girl magar mere long part keliye treat banta haina?πŸ˜‰)

**: the name of this chapter could be read in two ways --> as joys apart as in happiness is separated. or joy is a part of life.

PLEASE NOTE: ONLY GEET'S ENCOUNTER WITH RADHIKA N HER MOM IS THE SEEN THAT ACTUALLY TAKES PLACE IN THE SHORT STORY THAT I READ. IN FACT THAT IS THE WHOLE SHORT STORY ITSELF. THE PROTAGONIST STARTS WITH HER FIRST ENCOUNTER N ENDS WITH THE SAD NOTE OF THE LITTLE GIRLS DEATH. I HAVE USED THAT SIMILAR CONCEPT AND WOVEN A MAANEET STORY OUT OF IT. NOTHING HAS BEEN COPIED OR PLAGIARIZED!

hope its to ur liking... hit the
LIKE button 😊

Sorry! It said after two posts . . . I did that but you res afterwards! Sorry sorry sorry!

Liz
Edited by luvabbybaby - 12 years ago
madhu.pmlist thumbnail

Originally posted by: luvabbybaby

Sorry! It said after two posts . . . I did that but you res afterwards! Sorry sorry sorry!

Liz

it alright darling... i intended only to reserve 2 parts but i realized part 1 itself was almost 12 pages on word so i wanted to reserve 2 more so that i could break it up... oh well now its all gonna go on one post πŸ˜†... n this post is dedicated to ur reply πŸ˜†
mitzi11 thumbnail
beautiful & sesous
excellent writtenπŸ‘πŸ‘
love it core
waiting eargely next
ty 4 pm
muah
bless yu

shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow..amazing.
love it
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Wow darling!! The story is awesome..intense..beautiful..can't wait to read the rest..Will I get a happy ending??😍..
Oh forget about me yaar!! You know how I am..such a sucker for happy endings..silly me!!
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Sounds great so far! I wonder what's going to happen? Can't wait! Thanks for the PM :)
ixiaa thumbnail
great story madhu...waiting 4 d rest