Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

SophiaQ

SophiaQ

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
I don't quite understand the premise of this show.  What are they trying to show us?  I mean, I understand that we're supposed to love Simar.  At every turn, the family talks about what a good girl Simar is.  Simar herself thinks she's a good girl.  But is that true?

Her father doesn't want her involved in dance competitions or watch TV or anything that takes away from her education.  So she does all these things secretly.  She joins a dance competition and goes for the audition the day people come for her rishta.  She finds out her in-laws don't like TV in their house either.  She's not even sure if the answer is yes or no yet, but she goes for ANOTHER audition - again, against her father and now, against her POSSIBLE in-laws as well.  She then LIES about her next audition and says she's going for a pilgrimage with her Buaa - dragging religion into a lie.  And I'm not quite sure why she thinks she can get away with being on Chak Dhoom Dhoom without anyone ever finding out.  It comes on TV!

On top of that, her Buaa is a flawed character, always giving her bad advice.

I just can't grasp the character of Simar.  She seems to do everything wrong, in my opinion...that's just my opinion.  I do like the show, but I find some of these things hard to digest.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

rekha_gargsmile365daysA-HELPING-HANDlrl fansriyapoojaSun-LoveCricmaniac-Maahii---jas--piyualkasnowhitepinkzzash91snehapatro

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Simar - A Good Girl??" in Sasural Simar Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Bigbang_GD

IF-Sizzlerz

Bigbang_GD

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
i too feel the same...

brainychild92

IF-Sizzlerz

brainychild92

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
well she's a good girl but i mean she's a girl.. so that means she can't enjoy herself. i see where her dad is coming from but that means ur only good if you do everything to make ur daddy happy.. he tells her to jump off a cliff, so she's bad if she doesnt? i mean come on, i love my daddy as much as the next person and i do everything he says but there are things that i like that he doesn't.. that doesn't mean im a bad girl or daughter for doing stuff he does not like!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Yami-

piyualka

IF-Dazzler

piyualka

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
I don't think she is bad girl but she is a human who is prone to making deliberate mistakes..I used the word deliberate becoz second time she  went for the audition knowing everything about her in-laws and that too by lying.

First time can be excused becoz  during that time she was not engaged...only there were talks about  her marriage so nothing was confirmed...but still she did hide from her father which cannot be excused.

Its ok to chase your dreams but not by making a fool of others who show unlimited trust in you...she is completely at fault...buajee only planned when Simar expressed her desire...so buajee cannot be blamed completely as simar is equal partner in the crime...just hating her for this...apne pairon oer khud hi kulhari maar li hai...

Edited by piyualka - 22 June 2011 at 7:09pm

-Maahii-

-Yami-

IF-Rockerz

-Yami-

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by brainychild92

well she's a good girl but i mean she's a girl.. so that means she can't enjoy herself. i see where her dad is coming from but that means ur only good if you do everything to make ur daddy happy.. he tells her to jump off a cliff, so she's bad if she doesnt? i mean come on, i love my daddy as much as the next person and i do everything he says but there are things that i like that he doesn't.. that doesn't mean im a bad girl or daughter for doing stuff he does not like!

i agree with you ...totally
Drag and drop methats the difference btw simar  and prem ... simar do's everything wat ever their parents say
she also had dreams ..becoz of bua and rholi only she is fulfilling her dream but she itself was never happy wit it  till now .if his father  comes to know about chak dhoom it is gonna disappoint him badly ..but mistake is on his  father side too whenever parents put big control on kids definitely  it will go in another way for sure ...prem is  a person who believes in truth when bhabis said we will say something else and go and meet simar prem stood and he said the truth,coz freedom maataji and family  gave him which made him perfect now  ...if jamna laal wouldhave given same freedom things would have been diffrent
Drag and drop me

brainychild92

-Maahii-

-Maahii-

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Simar is completely at fault! Having her own dreams and pursing them is not wrong. Neither is it wrong to disagree on some issues with your parents.

But it is wrong to lie to your parents and not have the courage to stand up to your beliefs and desires. It is wrong to portray an inaccurate goody-goody image to prospective in-laws and deceive them.

Simar is flawed in that she doesnt even stand up for her own beliefs and deceives others.  

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sriyapoojaCricmaniacbewafa--jas---Yami-brainychild92

--jas--

IF-Dazzler

--jas--

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SophiaQ

I don't quite understand the premise of this show.  What are they trying to show us?  I mean, I understand that we're supposed to love Simar.  At every turn, the family talks about what a good girl Simar is.  Simar herself thinks she's a good girl.  But is that true?

Her father doesn't want her involved in dance competitions or watch TV or anything that takes away from her education.  So she does all these things secretly.  She joins a dance competition and goes for the audition the day people come for her rishta.  She finds out her in-laws don't like TV in their house either.  She's not even sure if the answer is yes or no yet, but she goes for ANOTHER audition - again, against her father and now, against her POSSIBLE in-laws as well.  She then LIES about her next audition and says she's going for a pilgrimage with her Buaa - dragging religion into a lie.  And I'm not quite sure why she thinks she can get away with being on Chak Dhoom Dhoom without anyone ever finding out.  It comes on TV!

On top of that, her Buaa is a flawed character, always giving her bad advice.

I just can't grasp the character of Simar.  She seems to do everything wrong, in my opinion...that's just my opinion.  I do like the show, but I find some of these things hard to digest.

always *woot woot* from my side to such kind of posts Clap ... u brought out the other side of coin which rarely people do Thumbs Up ,pointing out negativity in positivity and positivity in negativity LOL

-Yami-

snehapatro

IF-Sizzlerz

snehapatro

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
well simar is gud gal ...and she loves dancing and becoz of bua rholi she agreed to participate in chak dhoom dhoom dont think so simar is wrong though she lied to her parents she herself feels bad but at same time simar has every rite to enjoy her life and fulfill her dreams..dancing is not a wrong thing so i dont consider it as simar mistake...and i hope if at all jamuna lal comes to know abt it he understands simar though i know he will be upset at the start becoz she didnt say him the truth...Big smile

-Yami-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.