Priya ka Swayamvar - 20 June - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
@Vas...gr8 analysis😊...felt really very bad for Priya seeing how she is being treated😔...nobody, not even a single soul cares for/understands her true emotions and feelings😔...after the last scene last week, i thought Ram will think of Priya in a little better way...but no...he too thinks off parceling her to the first man who says yes to marry Priya...

just liked two scenes y'day...Priya with Ayesha and the scene where Priya cuts the call from Ram and the scene in his car where Priya stands firm on her opinions...

Thanks for creating this thread for analysis after every epi where everybody can analyze and discuss their viewpoints of the epi which i love to read, and they are awesome...
@Anu, Aviva, Preeti....Awesome analysis...loved going through them😊...

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

lovely post.😊  u said all.
[QUOTE=but I question Sudhir's & Shipra's roles as Priya's parents.How did they let matters get to this?😲 Its seems to be an upper middle class family to me not the chawl type family where the older child has no other go but to chip in for the family. Why was such a pretty lass kept at home for so long?

[/QUOTE]
Good question Zuby. I am also confused.😕 may be she is intorvert about it but what about her parent.  No this is not natural for a upper middle class family.

I really admire priya.. she is smart, strong, independent yet rooted.. she is a girl that any guy would be lucky to have.. sad her mother does not realise her worth.. Poor priya, she may say that she would marry a guy of her parents choice but what are they choosing?? a two times divorcee?? mother proposes and father disposes.. Ram on the other hand is hell bent on finding a perfect guy for priya (he has no idea what he is trying to find).. i loved vikram's diaglogue "agar itni mehnat Ram apne liye ladki dhoondne mein lagata toh aaj uski apni family hoti".. I must say if it wasn't for Vikram, Ram would have been mislead by everyone.. He speaks a lot of sense and gives his friend a regular dose required..

Ram is another chuu chuu type.. lol the faces he was making when priya got in the car with a wet umbrella😆.. He is really playing his part very well. The cynical buddha😆.. Well!! Ram you will have to eat back your words when priya comes into your life.. she is not what you think..

By the way who has niharika chosen as Ram's bride.. Does she have something  under her sleeves or was it to put off that lady???
Originally posted by nureat01

Lovely post as always, Vas! Hey Anu - thanks!

Oh Ayesha! I'd forgotten what her name was...LOL yeah I'd also largely dismissed her as a bimbo but I loved her scene with Priya today...especially the way she asked her if she was tired of the arranged marriage circus...and her reservations about Nuts were bang on! LOL...Priya is too much of a hopeless naive romantic in some ways...I always find it amusing when she launches into these "love conquers all...opposites attract" kinda fundas of hers🤔😆...cuz otherwise she is so sharp, so sensible.  I think that's probably why it amuses rather than annoys me too. Since Priya is generally such a pragmatic and sensible character, her one whimsical trait endears her to me rather than make me angry. If she were the kind of head-always-in-the-clouds, completely clueless character, then it would probably irritate me more 😆 As it is, her whimsy makes me smile. Even I, the most cynical person you will ever meet, have a romantic streak 😆

The car scene in the end was fabbb...I just loved how it was conceived...just gonna copy/paste what I said to Mash about this:

LOL it was suchhh a sweetly conceived scene though...I mean he came for her...in his big car and all😆...leaving all those dumb kids standing around wondering why THE Ram Kapoor came for Priya😆...and their interaction when he's trying to get the driver to position the car directly in front of her...but she keeps moving🤣...and he's so frustrated that the first thing he says to her..."aap do minute ek jagah par tik kar khadi nahin reh sakti?"🤣 I liked the car scene too - the way she kept edging forward and Ram had to keep up with her 🤣 I pretty much ignored those random kids and their weirdly inappropriate and sarky comments but the whole RP scene was very well done. Particularly Ram's facial expressions of disgust and OCDness in letting the rain through 🤣🤣🤣🤣

.Priya got back in full...and the last zinger..."aur PATLE" Oooh burn🤣 I loved how Ram took on this "not again!" expression but couldn't help but look down at himself when she said it 🤣🤣 Truth is, I don't think Priya would actually care about a man's weight being a factor but the fact that it so obviously annoys Ram makes it all the more amusing for her 🤣

And awww at the end..."waise baat toh sahi hi hai"...Aww Ram *pulls his cheeks*..."par nature mein problem hai is ladki ke"😆 See this is what I love about these two - yes their relationship started on a misunderstanding and yes there is the "typical" boy hates girl type scenario going on...but when she says something of sense, he has no trouble accepting it, or apologising for his misconceptions, or admitting a mistake. There is no unnecessary tug of egos blinding them to each other's good qualities, just as they are not in the dark about each other's bad qualities. 

I think it's been ages since Kekta has actually thought to put in CONVERSATION chemistry b/w her leads on screen...Hallelujah👏👏...the story has that M&B-ish touch to it obviously but a CLASSY version and not the cheapdi versions playing in all "youth" shows😆 True - the lowly teacher and the rich tycoon, so Mills & Boon-ish. It could almost be called something like The Ruthless Tycoon and the Teacher Who Tamed Him, or something 😆😆 but in conception and execution this is more "literary" a romance 😆

Anyways getting back to the epi...seems like Ram's mother has already set into motion the events which will force her to zero in on Priya last minute as Ram's future wife...she is in for a biggg surprise cuz she probably thinks having seen Priya that day that she's some quiet bechari types crying in a corner...LMAO oh are you in for a ruuude awakening or what, Stepmom ji :P :P haha I totally feel that between Vikram and Niharika, this is how Priya will become Mrs Kapoor - Niharika will probably only want to use her as a decoy, but Vikram will have a Eureka! moment and will somehow convince her (and more importantly, Ram) that the best (only) way to speed up Nuts-Karthik's marriage is to marry Priya off to Ram for real. A marriage of convenience - another Mills & Boon trope, but I am starting to believe it can be pulled off in an elegant manner 😆

The week has started off on a great note...looking forward to more interesting epis!

Originally posted by maris08

Is this how EK handles her show? Am really surprised!!!
After hearing so much about her Saas-bahu obsession and other negativities, here comes a whiff of something refreshingly different.
For a first time EK  show watcher, its a great going so far.

@Maris - tell you the truth, this show is *so far, fingers crossed, no jinxing!!* unlike EK's other shows. As much as I loved shows like Kahaani and KZK etc, they were far more unrealistic in their treatment. To start off with, they were based on reality, sure, but even then the mahaanta of the heroines, the "God is good, family is God" jaaps were annoying and the "misunderstandings" and obstacles were contrived and trapped by loud BG scores and unnecessary posturing. But so far, barring the first few awful eps, the show has managed to rise above those issues, and no doubt it is due to the maturity of the two leads and, it seems, EK's very fast reflexes on what the audience responds to. Time will tell, but for now, this is not a bad show to start off your EK journey 😆

Originally posted by ZubyDutta

As always loved your analysis,Vasu👏 Truly heart went out to Priya & her predicament. She was relentlessly humiliated by her own & sundry too. Though Ram could be excused coz he is a fool when it comes to matters such as these but I question Sudhir's & Shipra's roles as Priya's parents.How did they let matters get to this?😲 Its seems to be an upper middle class family to me not the chawl type family where the older child has no other go but to chip in for the family. Why was such a pretty lass kept at home for so long?

Ram is going to bitterly regret his conduct later😆 Hope Priya never lets him forget😆

Hey Zuby - totally agree with @bold. It is unreal that these two parents would not have tried their damned hardest back in the day to get Priya married - so what is the problem? She is a pretty girl, intelligent, well-read and humorous. Nothing wrong with her so far as I can see and I am sure back when she was 24-25 she was even more bubbly than she is now. The only thing that I can think of to excuse this is that perhaps at that age Priya had refused to marry at all as she was still studying (she has a double MA, which obviously must have taken some time?)?? Also, as per the precap, she is rejected because she is "too intelligent" (which, btw, um no. How can one be "too" intelligent? Surely the other person is not intelligent enough?) so perhaps this was the problem then also?  Too many men who clearly wanted a dowry-rich, education-poor girl who would allow them to be "men" 🤔 . They should explain this point in some way, perhaps through a frank conversation between Ram and Priya (when they are capable of more than insults and counter-insults 😆) about why they did not or could not marry earlier. 

Originally posted by avivakirk

Thanks P Sawyer for your thought provocking post.  I look forward to reading your take abt this show. Initially I thought Priya like in all Hindi serials would take in all garbage lying down. She was as quiet as a mouse taking in all insults from Mom in the beginning .Today I liked how she spoke her mind. She put her foot down when it came to lying abt her age or changing her looks.Well, the scene with Ram was hilarious.  Subtly she insulted Ram without any arguments or picking up  a verbal duel with him . Quietly she put him in his place.😆 Liked also how she didn't talk  with him in the classroom  for a long time  ( Was polite and curt)nor did she  go off from the class to have a private phone  conversation. That's professionalism. Priya u looked good in white!😃 

Hi Aviva - thanks so much! I too am impressed that Priya is no more the dukhiyari kismat ki maari girl they tried to show in week 1. Yes she has her moments of self-doubt and self-pity, but then so do we all. She at least rises above it and gives as good as she gets, but without getting overly rude. And she doesn't spare her own family either. 

@Kinara2 - thanks! 
Everyone seemed to grow a pair of wings each and started running around like headless chickens to find a marriage that would work. Why? For Priya's happiness? No - because she was the obstacle standing in Karthik and Nuts' way

Exactly, no one has asked her what she wants, what's her hopes, aspiration or what kind of guy she would like. They just go about assuming this and that. It's not only insulting but very hurtful. They think Priya should just settle for the crumbs she can get and be happy with it because they think it's good enough if she has someone even though he is like a loser but he wants her. Utter nonsense!🤢

On a lighter note, I bet Priya's swayamvar will have more TRPs than Ratan ka Rista 😆 RKR will reinforced all the single ladies to remain single, so Put your hands up
Originally posted by fuzzyface

Everyone seemed to grow a pair of wings each and started running around like headless chickens to find a marriage that would work. Why? For Priya's happiness? No - because she was the obstacle standing in Karthik and Nuts' way

Exactly, no one has asked her what she wants, what's her hopes, aspiration or what kind of guy she would like. They just go about assuming this and that. It's not only insulting but very hurtful. They think Priya should just settle for the crumbs she can get and be happy with it because they think it's good enough if she has someone even though he is like a loser but he wants her. Utter nonsense!🤢

On a lighter note, I bet Priya's swayamvar will have more TRPs than Ratan ka Rista 😆 RKR will reinforced all the single ladies to remain single, so Put your hands up
So true... No one ever asks her what she wants except that her father did tell her to have faith when she read out the diary and described her prince charming... Last week- Last episode- Last part when priya was standing near the window thinking about her brother's happiness linked to her marriage she says one line which sums it up.. "Kya mujhe woh/koi milega?" In her heart she wants her prince charming.. someone whom her parents would approve and she does not have to settle for anything less...