Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Manipulation is the word of the day. The only thing that happened in today's episode was a systematic and humiliating manipulation of Priya and her feelings, her thoughts and her desires. 

From her mother, editing her age to make her more attractive to men, practically begging the pandit-ji to find a guy for her, to Ram with his iPad-ed shortlist and even smaller opinion of Priya - if it were up to him, he would have married Priya off to the first guy who came along. Thank God for the common sense that was Vikram in this episode. 

I just was amazed at the way in which everybody steam-rolled over Priya the person and began to treat her as Priya the commodity. After Ram's very pious and prideful declaration last week that he would find the man for Priya, everyone seemed to grow a pair of wings each and started running around like headless chickens to find a marriage that would work. Why? For Priya's happiness? No - because she was the obstacle standing in Karthik and Nuts' way. Priya's sister Ayesha was the sanest person (aside from Priya) in today's episode and I loved her exchange with Priya - when she asked her if she wasn't fed up and irritated of the whole arranged marriage circus, I finally saw something other than a bimbo. And add to that her perception of Nuts and how she didn't seem to fit in their family or with Karthik, and believe me, I was halfway in love with this girl LOL Sorry Priya - love you to bits but today I sided with Ayesha on the question of Nuts-Karthik; love might conquer all, but I don't think it can conquer inborn insanity. 

How dare Ram, with his supercilious expression and the upturned nose, list Priya's supposedly not-so-great qualities without once stopping to consider that he is hardly a Prince Charming himself? That really and practically the only quality that other people might perceive in him would be his money? That they might make fun of his OCD-ness, his unease in social situations, his gait and his weight? Listing someone else's flaws is all very well, Mr Kapoor, but have you looked in a mirror recently? More to the point, have you taken a look at your darling sister? Priya is worth a thousand of her and more. 

And Priya's dad - while he might have her best interests at heart, supposedly, what exactly is he doing except rejecting offers? At least Shipra is trying something, insulting as that might be to think that your mother doesn't consider a twice-divorced man a bad catch. But Sudhir in his ultimate laziness is a dhabba on the word father, and I honestly fail to see the point of him. For a humdard for Priya, we can have Karthik, or Ayesha or Ram. We don't need Sudhir the useless. 

All of this is not to say that I didn't enjoy this episode or think it was good - it was, and I did. Ram and Sakshi as always impressed me, and Ayesha and the other sidey characters were also good today. 

I loved that scene in Ram's car where Priya gets incredibly pissed off at the way that he is parading men for her like she is choosing a horse and not a life partner - money, check. Face, check. Height, check. Good teeth and bones, check. I also loved how she didn't go off on a random bhashan and start lecturing him about "insaan ki pavitrata" or some crap like that, but simply made her point in the most sarcastic and comical way as possible. A 7 foot man with extremely dark skin? Was she thinking of Michael Jordan for a possible suitor?? And I loved how she left it simply to "let my parents choose for me" and got out of his car and walked away. This was a very mature way to handle this kind of situation and increased my hope and belief in this show's ability to handle sensitive, mature and interesting storylines. I loved the scene in which Priya adamantly tells her mother that she is 33, and will be 33 for every potential suitor, and that changing her age will bring nothing but lies and negativity into a new rishta. A strong Priya, a confident Priya despite the bechaarapan that people keep trying to force upon her. This is a far cry from week one of this show and I am loving the change. Looking forward to more common sense.

P.S. I loved Vikram's amused expressions throughout all the scenes with Ram, and he's probably going to be the first one to figure out  that they are perfect for each other. Unless Niharika does the "let's grab Priya and pretend her to be the potential bride I picked for Ram" scenario. 

P.P.S I know I was supposed to rip a few themes but I got busy over the weekend so I'm so sorry Cry If someone could remind me what the themes were that they wanted, I promise I will do those and today's immediately. 

The following 46 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*neeru aroraTina.H.renujatMahi623ReeshAxymshrutireddygr8Nish10hin_saChitritaDivya23.-Swetha-SphallolaliapbtghoshAbhiAnishamma92Pensiveneets_ltlisha01hinzamieefrenz4usparikh9staroneserialsanizorMru_beePooja_219Warda.ssroomanimaris08fuzzyfaceBinge-Carrie-deejayaqueelkaveri-sahasra--Preeti-ammoosyipee-.Aphrodite.--Faith-kinara17avivakirk-Mayu-HowlariousAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Priya ka Swayamvar - 20 June" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sphallolalia

Goldie

Sphallolalia

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
 ROFL @ "insaan ki pavitrata"
... will be back for tomorrow's dose, if I finish laughing! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92avivakirkpsawyer

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Lovely post as always, Vas!

Oh Ayesha! I'd forgotten what her name was...LOL yeah I'd also largely dismissed her as a bimbo but I loved her scene with Priya today...especially the way she asked her if she was tired of the arranged marriage circus...and her reservations about Nuts were bang on! LOL...Priya is too much of a hopeless naive romantic in some ways...I always find it amusing when she launches into these "love conquers all...opposites attract" kinda fundas of hersErmmLOL...cuz otherwise she is so sharp, so sensible.

The Ram-Vikram scene was hilariousss...lolll Ram blaming Priya's nature for the reason she's not married yet *shakes head* You're unbelievable Ram ji...haha...I'm glad Vikram showed him a bit of an aaina there...YOU haven't gotten married either, Ram...but so quick to judge when it comes to Priya?? LOL...only cuz she irritates him so he'll find a whole host of issues with her only...that bit amused me when he's like...she's just average looking and Vikram responds in bemusement...why are you only looking at negative things? I actually think she's quite pretty! lol...I can already sense Vikram picking up some vibes b/w RP soon enough...Mr. Ram doth protest too much in the case of Priya I feel :P...haha...even if all the hyperness right has to do with finding a groom for her.

I LOL'd SO much when he called Priya at her class...haha...yes there's a reason he's being forced to give this much attention to Priya but nevertheless I'm finding all this adorably amusing...lol

The car scene in the end was fabbb...I just loved how it was conceived...just gonna copy/paste what I said to Mash about this:

LOL it was suchhh a sweetly conceived scene though...I mean he came for her...in his big car and allLOL...leaving all those dumb kids standing around wondering why THE Ram Kapoor came for PriyaLOL...and their interaction when he's trying to get the driver to position the car directly in front of her...but she keeps movingROFL...and he's so frustrated that the first thing he says to her..."aap do minute ek jagah par tik kar khadi nahin reh sakti?"ROFL

.Priya got back in full...and the last zinger..."aur PATLE" Oooh burnROFL

And awww at the end..."waise baat toh sahi hi hai"...Aww Ram *pulls his cheeks*..."par nature mein problem hai is ladki ke"LOL

I think it's been ages since Kekta has actually thought to put in CONVERSATION chemistry b/w her leads on screen...HallelujahClapClap...the story has that M&B-ish touch to it obviously but a CLASSY version and not the cheapdi versions playing in all "youth" showsLOL

Anyways getting back to the epi...seems like Ram's mother has already set into motion the events which will force her to zero in on Priya last minute as Ram's future wife...she is in for a biggg surprise cuz she probably thinks having seen Priya that day that she's some quiet bechari types crying in a corner...LMAO oh are you in for a ruuude awakening or what, Stepmom ji :P :P haha

The week has started off on a great note...looking forward to more interesting epis!

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi623Chitrita-Swetha-neets_ltlshamma92AbhiAnihinzamieefrenz4uMru_beePooja_219desi_lover_guy--SONEE--ssroomanimaris08fuzzyface-Preeti--Faith-avivakirkpsawyer

maris08

IF-Rockerz

maris08

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
As always wonderful and well thought out points Vasu.

Actually the whole episode was so natural and as realistic as possible.

Priya's crisp and sarcastic rebuttal  to Ram's  marriage broking was a treat to enjoy.

Is this how EK handles her show? Am really surprised!!!
After hearing so much about her Saas-bahu obsession and other negativities, here comes a whiff of something refreshingly different.
For a first time EK  show watcher, its a great going so far.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi623Chitritashamma92AbhiAnipbtghoshPooja_219ssroomani-Carrie-fuzzyfaceavivakirkpsawyer

-Carrie-

IF-Rockerz

-Carrie-

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
As always loved your analysis,VasuClap Truly heart went out to Priya & her predicament. She was relentlessly humiliated by her own & sundry too. Though Ram could be excused coz he is a fool when it comes to matters such as these but I question Sudhir's & Shipra's roles as Priya's parents.How did they let matters get to this?Shocked Its seems to be an upper middle class family to me not the chawl type family where the older child has no other go but to chip in for the family. Why was such a pretty lass kept at home for so long?

Ram is going to bitterly regret his conduct laterLOL Hope Priya never lets him forgetLOL

Vasu, I was one who wanted a themes music ripped. It played when Priya calls Ram a Dinosaur It played again during the second phonecall when they agree to meet in the restaurant.

Thanks in advanceSmile

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ChitritaAbhiAnipbtghoshPooja_219ssroomanifuzzyfaceavivakirkpsawyer

avivakirk

IF-Sizzlerz

Banned Upon Request

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi623ChitritaAbhiAnishamma92Pooja_219-Carrie-ssroomanifuzzyfacepsawyer

kinara17

IF-Sizzlerz

kinara17

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Manipulation is the word of the day. The only thing that happened in today's episode was a systematic and humiliating manipulation of Priya and her feelings, her thoughts and her desires. 

From her mother, editing her age to make her more attractive to men, practically begging the pandit-ji to find a guy for her, to Ram with his iPad-ed shortlist and even smaller opinion of Priya - if it were up to him, he would have married Priya off to the first guy who came along. Thank God for the common sense that was Vikram in this episode. 

I just was amazed at the way in which everybody steam-rolled over Priya the person and began to treat her as Priya the commodity. After Ram's very pious and prideful declaration last week that he would find the man for Priya, everyone seemed to grow a pair of wings each and started running around like headless chickens to find a marriage that would work. Why? For Priya's happiness? No - because she was the obstacle standing in Karthik and Nuts' way. Priya's sister Ayesha was the sanest person (aside from Priya) in today's episode and I loved her exchange with Priya - when she asked her if she wasn't fed up and irritated of the whole arranged marriage circus, I finally saw something other than a bimbo. And add to that her perception of Nuts and how she didn't seem to fit in their family or with Karthik, and believe me, I was halfway in love with this girl LOL Sorry Priya - love you to bits but today I sided with Ayesha on the question of Nuts-Karthik; love might conquer all, but I don't think it can conquer inborn insanity. 

How dare Ram, with his supercilious expression and the upturned nose, list Priya's supposedly not-so-great qualities without once stopping to consider that he is hardly a Prince Charming himself? That really and practically the only quality that other people might perceive in him would be his money? That they might make fun of his OCD-ness, his unease in social situations, his gait and his weight? Listing someone else's flaws is all very well, Mr Kapoor, but have you looked in a mirror recently? More to the point, have you taken a look at your darling sister? Priya is worth a thousand of her and more. 

And Priya's dad - while he might have her best interests at heart, supposedly, what exactly is he doing except rejecting offers? At least Shipra is trying something, insulting as that might be to think that your mother doesn't consider a twice-divorced man a bad catch. But Sudhir in his ultimate laziness is a dhabba on the word father, and I honestly fail to see the point of him. For a humdard for Priya, we can have Karthik, or Ayesha or Ram. We don't need Sudhir the useless. 

All of this is not to say that I didn't enjoy this episode or think it was good - it was, and I did. Ram and Sakshi as always impressed me, and Ayesha and the other sidey characters were also good today. 

I loved that scene in Ram's car where Priya gets incredibly pissed off at the way that he is parading men for her like she is choosing a horse and not a life partner - money, check. Face, check. Height, check. Good teeth and bones, check. I also loved how she didn't go off on a random bhashan and start lecturing him about "insaan ki pavitrata" or some crap like that, but simply made her point in the most sarcastic and comical way as possible. A 7 foot man with extremely dark skin? Was she thinking of Michael Jordan for a possible suitor?? And I loved how she left it simply to "let my parents choose for me" and got out of his car and walked away. This was a very mature way to handle this kind of situation and increased my hope and belief in this show's ability to handle sensitive, mature and interesting storylines. I loved the scene in which Priya adamantly tells her mother that she is 33, and will be 33 for every potential suitor, and that changing her age will bring nothing but lies and negativity into a new rishta. A strong Priya, a confident Priya despite the bechaarapan that people keep trying to force upon her. This is a far cry from week one of this show and I am loving the change. Looking forward to more common sense.

P.S. I loved Vikram's amused expressions throughout all the scenes with Ram, and he's probably going to be the first one to figure out  that they are perfect for each other. Unless Niharika does the "let's grab Priya and pretend her to be the potential bride I picked for Ram" scenario. yes u r right he is the one who will find out that these 2 crazy personality are made for each other and i think he isthe  one who will give that proposal to ram...it will be great...and it will be worth to watch Ram 's expression and his REPLIES to VikramLOL...

P.P.S I know I was supposed to rip a few themes but I got busy over the weekend so I'm so sorry Cry If someone could remind me what the themes were that they wanted, I promise I will do those and today's immediately. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi623pbtghosh-Carrie-avivakirk

-Preeti-

IF-Veteran Member

-Preeti-

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
apart from Ayesha, Vikran and the Last scene of Priya and Ram ... nothing else impressed Me.

Am glad Ayesha isnt as Dumb and Selfish as i thought her to be. Y'day for the 1st time and am hoping its certainly not the last she spoke some sense. I srsly dont understand why isnt priya pissed at all the happenings at home. The way her mother behaves ... i swear i wud have ended up running from Home. This female has too much of patience man. Anyways coming back to her opinion about Nats-Karthik was also so right. She could see that what we too saw but Priya is still believing that Love etc would help... erm i wish ur true but it certainly dont seems like.

On Shipra ...NO COMMENTS ... its like she can do just anything to get Karthik married and for that she doesnt mind ruining Priya's life too.

Sudhir ... i feel he is one of those ppl who say "Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai". And am srsly thankful to him for standing for Priya against that 2 divorcee Rishta ... OMG had Papaji not done that ...Mummeejee would have made sure to get Daughter married to that fellow.

Ram & Vikram Convo was one of the Good points in the Epi. Vikrams Smile while Ram was describing Priya's nature, looks etc ...anyone could say this fellow is soon gonna put the proposal to Ram himself. Way to go Dude just do that before Madam Niharika does it. I so dont wanna see Niharika's Saazish in all this. Spare the 2 from this please.

And the end Scene between Ram n Priya ... WOW ... Priya just gave it to him in a right way. Enough of this Shaadi and now let he live. And she was so right, her parents can do it. Why is he even bothered? But best part was Ram say "Sahi bhi tho hai"LOL So he agrees with her but then he still stands by his opinion that she is ImpossibleLOL

Vasu ...well written dear ... enjoyed reading your analysis and Anu .. i agree with all you shared there^^^

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-AbhiAnishamma92Pooja_219fuzzyface-.Aphrodite.-avivakirkpsawyer

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.