Pratigya

pearl mam on actors rejecting to do parental role

lakshmi_pai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Pearl Grey, the maker of one of the popular on Star Plus, Pratigya faced an unfortunate loss recently when her show, Rishton Se Badi
Pratha on Colors went off air after the actors said no to take a gen leap, "Basically life in television life is short. When you are offered the first show, you are destined to take it as you are not in a position to choose.  But once the show is a success and their characters become popular, they do have a choice to think about the next shows that come to them".

"We do understand that in television, the career starts at the age of eighteen and twenty and actors are doing roles of a married couple
which they are not in real life. So it is obvious for them to have a reluctance in taking up the parental role. But at the same time they
should understand that they will not be type casted if they do that", she continues.

"When we decided to do Pratha, the leap was already in the script and we had made it clear to the actors. But when the show was well accepted, the channel wanted it to drag it a little bit. And when the show was entering its real story, the actors showed their
reluctance. It is not a problem when one actor decides to quit, but when many of them join, there is no meaning in continuing the show.
And there is no point of relaunching the show with new cast. So, all thanks to the actors for making the show see its last", avers Pearl.

hope she doesnt repeat this mistake with our show..."mkap"...its not pratigya related article but as she is the producer we must be careful with her views...this is the reason for she not giving new dresses to our actors...😃
Edited by baba2babu - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lakshmi_pai thumbnail
Originally posted by: ...Poojie...

Thanks for sharing..😊

welcome yaar...😃
piyarapiyari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing and no our show rocks and also don,t know about other one show fans bt i know about my show and we will not let thus happen ever nevr well it,s not b there long live MKAP
lakshmi_pai thumbnail
Originally posted by: piyarapiyari

Thanks for sharing and no our show rocks and also don,t know about other one show fans bt i know about my show and we will not let thus happen ever nevr well it,s not b there long live MKAP

😃😊
her mistake was to put her show on colors, that channel interferes too much and it was most likely their idea for the show to take a leap, so i wouldnt worry about our show its not on colors thankgod.
lakshmi_pai thumbnail
aall are heartly welcome...😃