Hindustan Times Article!!!

paridhi22 Goldie
paridhi22
paridhi22

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Two serials, a stunt show
Poonam Saxena, Hindustan Times
June 17, 2011

The problem with the desi version of Fear Factor this season is that it's minus any kind of fun. It takes itself too seriously. As does the host. In the first two seasons, Akshay (though matter-of-fact and stern), brought a nice deadpan sense of humour to the show.  Now he's just deadpan. His sole role seems to be to rudely tick off all the participants (who, it has to be said, don't appear to mind being ticked off). "So you couldn't strike down more than five targets while you were being dragged on the ground by a moving horse cart and your partner was holding on to a piece of rope for dear life?" he snaps. "Shame on you! Disgraceful! Go back to your places!"

Hey, this is an entertainment show, not some deadly serious contest for recruitment to the Navy Seals. We want to watch daring stunts, but we're not dying to listen to long lectures on cowardice and shame if you can't complete said stunts.

Two new serials have also started on Star Plus (Is Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?) and Sony (Bade Achche Lagte Hain). The Star Plus show has a UP setting ' Lucknow to be precise ' and opens with a (sigh) wedding. Instead of the usual Punjabi balle balle wedding songs, the women in Is Pyaar' sing UP-style banna-banni wedding songs. Colloquialisms abound.

As to the serial itself, it is apparently about a nice middle class girl who gets entangled in a love-hate relationship with a not-so-nice rich guy. As Hindi serials go, this is highly nuanced. (Think about it, the serial is not ' so far ' about a girl's life in her sasural, the no. 1 theme on our TV screens). I saw the first couple of episodes and the serial seemed nice enough, but my main grouse was that the pace was excruciatingly slow. If two people were looking at each other, they looked at each other till you went cross-eyed looking at them. If someone fell, it seemed as if they were falling forever, like poor Alice. If someone else was finding it hard to say something, she opened and closed her mouth for so long, she'd have given a goldfish a complex.

I was in danger of falling asleep at several points because the story was unfurling at a rate that would make a snail seem like Speedy Gonzales.

The second show, Bade Achche Lagte Hain, brings Sakshi Tanwar (of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki fame) and Ram Kapoor (of Kasam Se fame) back in leading roles after a long break. Sakshi's character ' a sensible, cheerful, unmarried woman in her early thirties ' is honestly refreshing. What a change from the usual giddy/goody-goody TV heroines. Ram Kapoor plays a rich unmarried 40-plus workaholic industrialist. So the stage seems set for an unusual love story. But I wouldn't count on it. There's a nasty mother-sister duo waiting in the wings. So what's the bet that this unusual love story will deteriorate into a usual girl-in-new-sasural saga?

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

suecridhithakurDivya23.isha01queenofhearts01Nisa_nrcimbasihuminaz296shamma92McDreaamer-Raman-shakti_rockanizorwhatthewhatDaviFishfishFebruaryFlowerPooja_219Sakshi_Deewanissroomani-BolNaHalke--Preeti--purnima-avivakirkshanti05

Ashima_Mishal Goldie
Ashima_Mishal
Ashima_Mishal

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

paridhi22

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
See everybody agrees the show has an unusual setting with two wonderful actors except Ekta has put in the usual masala, step and selfish mom, nagging sisters, dimwit parent...the launch week was pathetic, lets see how Ram and Shakshi manage to rescue the show if at all they are given a chance...keeping my fingers crossed :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MefromNJparidhi22whatthewhatPooja_219-purnima-

paridhi22 Goldie
paridhi22
paridhi22

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tintiny

See everybody agrees the show has an unusual setting with two wonderful actors except Ekta has put in the usual masala, step and selfish mom, nagging sisters, dimwit parent...the launch week was pathetic, lets see how Ram and Shakshi manage to rescue the show if at all they are given a chance...keeping my fingers crossed :)
the show is good and refreshingBig smile but hope there is no saazish and saas involved in itLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raman-wida

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Yes that is what I am fearing, then Priya becomes Mahaan and a Jasoos...grrr

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

paridhi22-purnima-

-purnima- IF-Sizzlerz
-purnima-
-purnima-

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by paridhi22

Originally posted by tintiny

the show is good and refreshingBig smile but hope there is no saazish and saas involved in itLOL

Ram & sakshi are the only saving grace of BALH ... lets see till how long they manage pull it off Smile Smile..i guess the show will take momentum once their track starts off LOLLOL ... keeping fingers crossed for it TongueTongue

Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

paridhi22Fishfish-Raman-Pooja_219

suwas IF-Dazzler
suwas
suwas

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
At the beginning show was looking like any other show except for un usual lead pairing. Ram & Sakshi & new concept were only strong point. I think 2nd week is much more promising. Other supporting actors like Vikram( jay Kalra, Karthik( forgot his name) proved themselves too, Like Priya's dad too. Other characters can improve but may be will over the time.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

paridhi22FishfishSakshi_Deewani-purnima-

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged

Let's not be pessimistic! Not yet! 

I think the makers of this show are aware that Ram and Sakshi are the heart of the show.
Let's hope they will be sensible and creative and keep them at the center...Even if Ram's step-mom and sisters are going to act predictably, we can bear it as long as Ram and Priya's responses are not predictable...you know the typical self-sacrificing nonsense

I thought the way Priya responded to the "Main didi se pehle shaad nahin karoonga" bit was quite well handled...the way she said don't bring in conditions and all that...

so let's be hopeful!!!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92paridhi22FishfishSakshi_Deewani-purnima-shanti05

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index