Writers Corner

Love That Was Lost! ~ updated Ch 14 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

Fantasia.

IF-Sizzlerz

Fantasia.

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
absolutely beautiful !! .. Clap Star Clap ..

Firstly ur writing shows that u have been reading a alot!! .. Vivid descriptions . Star .. and secondly, this is an extra -ordinary story .. Star

Continue soon!! ..
God Bless
Kinza ..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AmnaIsh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Love That Was Lost! ~ updated Ch 14 (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AmnaIsh

Goldie

AmnaIsh

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Thankyou so much Kinza..:-)) yes i do read a lot, have done my major in English lit, so the detailing comes from there..!

Thankyou again for appreciating it..!

Fantasia.

Fantasia.

IF-Sizzlerz

Fantasia.

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
wow!! ..even i am doing my bachelors in Eng literature .. Embarrassed

AmnaIsh

AmnaIsh

Goldie

AmnaIsh

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 7:13am | IP Logged
hahaha...dat's why u recognized it..LOL 

Fantasia.

FragranceOfLove

IF-Sizzlerz

FragranceOfLove

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 11:48am | IP Logged
The story is beautiful...i have read and enjoyed it..

The detailing rocks...do continue soon  :)

- Mahak

AmnaIsh

AmnaIsh

Goldie

AmnaIsh

Posted: 21 June 2011 at 7:59pm | IP Logged

Chapter 06

If I ever truly understood the meaning of mesmerized, it was that exact moment. My surroundings seized to exist, and heart refused to beat. I knew I was still alive but I'm not sure why I couldn't feel my own breathing. All the blood had rushed to my face and my eyes refused to move. He was not the most handsome guy I had ever seen then what was it that I couldn't take my eyes off him. 'What is happening to your Roshni, stop looking at him? STOP'! I forced my eyes to peel away from his sight, and quickly turned towards the window. My mouth was as dry and my face was probably the darkest shade of pink. I opened the window fully, and let the warm air hit my face. I leaned my head back on the seat and closed my eyes. It was him. He was the one I had been dreaming of. No. This cannot be a coincidence. He takes the same bus as me, let alone being in the same university.

For the first time, I had failed to understand the cause of my own reaction. I had failed to understand my own feelings. I felt empty inside. There was a stabbing pain of wanting something, but not knowing what. I was feeling unsure, and I hated it. I had never had so much difficulty in self composure, as I did today. I saw him for the first time, and he'd done something to me that I didn't like. I needed to stay away from him, as far as I possibly could. For the rest of the way to university, I kept my eyes closed. I really wanted to see his reaction. Maybe I should've opened my eyes to see whether he was affected the same way I was. But I was too scared to even try and look at him. First time was bad enough, second time if I looked at him, I think I would have fainted. I was the last one to get off the bus. He was trouble and I had to stay away from him even if I had to take the longest route to get to where I was going.

Thanks to the tour I had earlier, I was able to find my department easily. Seeing new faces, meeting and greeting diverted my mind. With the help of a girl, I found my classroom and made my way towards it. A crowd of about 15 people was already standing outside, as the room was still locked. Only a couple of girls were chatting with each other and the rest were just sitting around. It was the first day for everybody, and I imagined it will take just an hour inside the class to break the ice. I never shy away from making friends, and have always been a very outgoing personality. I can never stand still by myself; so naturally, I ended up chatting with a girl named Maria. She was a girl with a slender, tall body, and very pretty doll like features. She had the friendliest personality I had come across in a while. Short while after a girl with beautiful brown curly hair joined us. Meet Amber, an absolutely drop dead gorgeous beauty. She had more of a voluptuous body than me and Maria, and had the loudest laugh and a heart of a flirt. This was the beginning of our crazy group.

Introduction soon followed by an initial quick assignment for the first day.

"I want everybody to imagine their ideal room, and sketch it on paper"Mr. Deol, our teacher in his early 40's gave us the assignment. "Everybody has till the end of the day to finish it and hand it in to me. I am not testing your sketching skills, I just want to see how everybody's mind works, and to get you all thinking." He answered our question before we even asked.

"Phew, thank God, otherwise making a properly rendered copy would take at least 2 days" Amber rolled her eyes towards the sky and sounded relieved, making us both giggle at her action.

At around 12'o clock we decided to take an hour break and grab something to eat. The cafeteria was buzzing with all the noises of chatters. We saw  'Chotu' a young boy of about 11 who worked there, cleaning a table. We quickly went and took occupied it. All three of us ordered 'Chai and Samosas.

"Yaar, there are so many good looking guys here.." Amber as I mentioned was an outrageously outgoing girl with a very flirtatious nature. Me and Maria looked at each other and gave an evil smirk and winked. It was funny how we always thought alike. Well for the masti parts anyways.

"Ok, Amby watch this"I told her and walked towards a group of girls and boys.

It was a group of about 7 boys and 5 girls, and they were the noisiest bunch in the cafeteria.  I imagined they are probably from the same class, hence enjoying their break time together.

"Hi, sorry to disturb you guys. My name is Roshni, and it's my first day here" I thought of doing some courtesy of introducing myself.

"Hey Roshni"..I heard a reply which sounded more like a chorus.

"Wow, you guys are not only friends, but also talk in chorus too" I sounded amazed but still smiled. This resulted in couple of loud laughs.

"Actually I was sitting with two of my friends there," I pointed the corner where we were sitting and they all turned that way and waived. "you see the girl with curly hair, she thinks you all are extremely hot, and she would love to be friends with your group." I informed them trying to hide a laugh in my lips.

"well then, how can we say no to such a pretty girl." I heard one of the boys say, and 3 of them got up and said, "let's go and have some introductions, shall we?".

I walked ahead of them, trying desperately to suppress the laugh. I winked at Amby, and her mouth just fell open. I'm not sure if she was nervous or she was excited, she pushed her chair back and stood up. Her expression had to be the funniest one I had ever seen.

"Arey wah, you stood up to welcome us" I heard one of the boys say.

"Well, ummm. Hi. Ummm no I wasn't welcoming you, I was just leaving" Amy I thought would never get confused, but boy was I wrong. She was red with either embarrassment or anger, I couldn't tell.

I heard a very husky laugh and then followed a voice, "arey, don't leave. We just came to say hi. Welcome to the university and enjoy. If you ever need anything, pop in the Commerce department and you'll find us there always. By the way which department are you girls from?" he did one hell of a job of saying everything under one breath.

"Interior & textile design" Amber replied, sounding a little relaxed now.

"Well nice to meet you. Naam waghera bata dain to yaad rahega." This boy I thought had a habit saying all his thoughts at once. Maybe he doesn't believe in second chances of takes.

"Aap apna naam bata dain to main yaad rakhlongi" Amby was coming back to her form and wits.

I was thoroughly enjoying their conversation when my mom called. I excused myself and went outside to take the call. When I came back everybody was missing from that table. Wondering where everybody went, I looked around and Amby and Maria had both gone the other table with the group. I had a quick exchange of words with my mom, and wasn't in the mood to laugh any more so preferred to sit at that table by myself. I took out 'Taming the shrew' by William Shakespeare and started reading. I had chotu warm up the tea and samosa for me as they had turned ice. I was engulfed in my book to an extent that I didn't even notice somebody came and sat in the chair right in front of me.

"You really love that book don't you?" I heard a voice that I imagined was of my own heartbeat. My eyes travelled from my book to the boy sitting in front of me and forgot to return. Bewildered was the exact word for me at that time.

My face probably said too much for him to give me a mild dimpled smile. 'Oh God, No. What is he doing here? He has dimples? I was thinking a lot in my head, but to utter anything seemed impossible. He was sitting there in front of me, with both his hands on the table, playing with his phone. His eyes were roaming over my face as if they were searching for an answer, or if they were trying to read my mind. He was wearing a black T-shirt with blue jeans, and a black leather strapped watch on his left hand. He had stubble of about 2 days, and yet looked fresh.  A lean face, with dimpled chin, dimpled smile, a black beauty mark right above his lips on the right side. Eyes were big and almost as if he was drunk, but the fact was that he wasn't.

"Do you believe in dreams?" I heard his voice again from a distance; because I was too busy absorbing the sight of him.

'What! Did he just say dream? No, I think I'm losing it. I was just thinking that I have gone mad, when he asked me the same thing again. Do you think I had the himmat to reply? I wouldn't have been able to speak even if I tried.

My head shook in a 'No' but I heard my lips say 'yes'. I felt like I was in a trance, and he was controlling my moves by just being there. What kind of a random question was that and why is he talking about dreams? And why is he sitting here? In a matter of seconds I stood on my feet, grabbed my handbag, and ran out of the cafeteria and up the stairs. My heart was beating as it would burst out of my chest any minute. I went to the washroom, and splattered water over my face, to make sure I'm awake and I wasn't dreaming. The cold water hit my face hard, and I realized the harsh reality. It was actually him. And Dream? Why was he asking me about dreams? I need to talk to him, but should I?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-BeingAppy-ArjuhisisFantasia.

Fantasia.

IF-Sizzlerz

Fantasia.

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 6:47am | IP Logged
awww ... amnal .. u write so beautifully and vividly.. seriously it is a treat to read ur work!! ..

I just love roshni .. such a cutie she is .. so shocked and amazed to see the boy!! .. LOL .. sweetheart!! .. <3 .. and wow .. question about dreams .. hmmm ... EXCELLENT WORK!! .. one of the best i have ever read ..

although u are continuing soon .. but phir bhi .. PLEASE continue soon!! .. Hug

AmnaIsh

AmnaIsh

Goldie

AmnaIsh

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fantasia.

awww ... amnal .. u write so beautifully and vividly.. seriously it is a treat to read ur work!! ..

I just love roshni .. such a cutie she is .. so shocked and amazed to see the boy!! .. LOL .. sweetheart!! .. <3 .. and wow .. question about dreams .. hmmm ... EXCELLENT WORK!! .. one of the best i have ever read ..

although u are continuing soon .. but phir bhi .. PLEASE continue soon!! .. Hug

LOL thank yo uso much Kinza..these are such sweet words..Hug give me an engergy boost..Wink

Fantasia.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top