Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 08 January 2006 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Well!
There's nothing bad in it.........(taking money frm His daughters)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "taking money from daughters (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 08 January 2006 at 12:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sania_Hitler

Well!
There's nothing bad in it.........(taking money frm His daughters)

I agree..sania........ son or daughter.......both are same for parents......Thumbs Up

with love vinuswith love vinus

Sharila

IF-Dazzler

Sharila

Posted: 08 January 2006 at 2:20am | IP Logged
I dont see any problems, if the daughter has the money to give to her parents why should other people worry about it. They dont know what the situation is so they need to bud out. When parents took time and money out when the daughter was little than there was no problem so if the daughter can help now so whats the problem

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 08 January 2006 at 3:12am | IP Logged
I think that there are two factors at play here.

One is the generation gap between our parents and ourselves. I believe that however much we or our parents may profess to be modern, that gap exists. The elders will always hold a view that we may, at times, find to be irrelevant or obsolete. This naturally extends to their holding certain ideas and notions which we may feel to be too orthodox or traditional.

Second, being of the previous generation, our parents would consider the man rather than the woman to be the natural provider. There is no quarreling with this, as from time immemorial, it is the man who has provided and the woman who has tended. Even today though both men and women have become providers, the role of the woman as the home maker has remained undiminished.

Hence, from their viewpoint they are quite right to assume that the son rather than the daughter should provide from them.

infiniteattract

IF-Rockerz

infiniteattract

Posted: 08 January 2006 at 6:16am | IP Logged
I dont find any problem with it, a parent should have similar expectation and rights on their daughters as they have on their son. If a father or mother starts differentiating that my son cna provide me and daughter cant how can they even expect that the society will ever reform and their daughters will have better place to live in. Its the children's duty to support their parents when they need the gender of the child doesnt matter in this.

-SooSweet-

Goldie

-SooSweet-

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 2:17am | IP Logged
But nowadays the guys are not supporting their old parents financially.It is the girl who comes in times of need.
Even the parents fear to get money from their sons.
In our society parents share their property equally to their sons and daughters.Smart parents will keep one portion to themselves too.I had seen most of the guys wont help theri parents after marriage inspite of getting the property..from them.
Later on they starts insulting their parents as if they are useless.

Edited by kavith_2305 - 13 January 2006 at 2:22am

Willows

Willows

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 4:00am | IP Logged
For me the most important in life is dignity as long, there is no indignation to anyone either the parents or the child, taking, using, or spending, money earned by any member of the family is not incorrect.

It entirely depends on the circumstances of the family and the values which are imbibed by the parents, I see no issue as long as there is a requirement to take money from daughters but if there is no immediate need then we can always save daughter's money for some rainy day.

Since females after marrying, stay with the husband for the rest of their lives, it would be a better idea to allow daughter save money, for she will have to fend for her family in case something goes wrong with the marriage, I believe that if the money is not required and can be saved then the parents are safeguarding & securing daughter martial life, in the process of saving.

Replying pointedly to the question, I believe money earned by daughter also has the same value as son, hence giving of money by daughter to parents is fair and correct and there is no indignation about it.

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged
in the olden days when the women folk stayed at home and the menfolk earned, the daughters of the house were given money for their expenditure. family, cousins uncles etc would give her money at various times so she would not have to depend on her husband or his family for her personal needs or for her children. the woman was always deemed as someone else's 'amanat' cos she would be married away into another household and would bring their progeny into the world. we all know that it is supposed to be the sons that carry the family name and the lineage.

the sons would contribute money towards the house. and this has always been the tradition. some parents feel once the daughter is married, then what they accept from her is righfully her in-laws. in most cases they would be right too, cos the women werent the earning members! which is why many parents dont eat at their son- in law's house either.   so taking what the daughter gives tantamounts to taking from the son in law and not the daughter! and this may more often than not decide the fate that befalls their daughter.

it is upto the new generation to understand this and make their parents realise that times have changed and with times, so have the women. now women earn and are financially independant enabling them to contribute towards the running of the household. but the parents are still reluctant about accepting money from their daughters becos they feel that they should be providing for her.

the present generation can make their parents understand that her contribution to the house is not necessarily what belongs to her husband!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top