Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

avivakirk

IF-Sizzlerz

Banned Upon Request

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aiminfuzzyfacepsawyer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Family matters - 16 June (Page 6)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aimin

aimin

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi_77

@ aimin:

Agree about Ram not being a cynic...that is heartening to watch. Sometimes (what do I mean sometimes?! Most of the time) on these shows, characters are so one-dimensional.

Since when is "Tycoon" a character?

Honestly when I saw that first episode with Ram in Singapore buying up a company for the jet...I didn't have much hope for the show. but it has redeemed itself in great measure...

Ram is a business tycoon - that's his job...
In his personal life, he's loyal, vulnerable, quirky, funny and a romantic (I think)...he's real - just like Priya is...

Totally agree with everything you said.LOL& I particularly love your description of Ram!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fuzzyface

This is show is beginning to look like the story of my life Confused. It's a bit too close to home my younger brother just said the same thing about not wanting  and rejecting proposals marry until I am married.Ermm

I loved Priya's anger towards Karthik about his spilling her secrets out in such a way. And I loved their argument, because both are right in their own way. I loved her dialogue "Can't a girl be single if she wants?" Finally they mentioned this very important point - that people make her feel like she is somehow less for not being married. 

Her feelings right there is exactly how everyone in my family including my relatives make me feel. I dun understand why there is double standards here coz if a man is single in his 30s, they say he is building his career and there is still time but it's not the same for women, they say things like she is choosy, arrogant and blah blah. It's ok for a man to be single but not a woman. It's so unfair. I totally see Priya's POV, everyone like my aunties, uncles, sisters and my mom also make me feel like I am incomplete or flawed for not being married. I just don't understand why can't a girl just be single and merry. I have a theory that maybe they're jealous coz at the same age, they already had so much of responsibility but here people like Priya n myself are going about our lives the way we want to, which is out of the norm.LOL

Speaking from experience, it's such a frustrating position at this point where everyone wants you to be married because they think it's the right thing to do not because they think you should have happiness. It's what they want and your needs are the least of their concerns. Ouch

Hey fuzzyface, that sounds awful. I hate it when people put undue pressure on you. And you are bang on about the fact that they want you to be married not because they want YOU to be happy, but because they think it will make you "normal". Otherwise they have an excuse to gossip about you. 

All I can say is, stay strong and don't give in. Too many bad marriages happen because people give into the pressure. My parents are pretty relaxed about it and wouldn't force me into it, but I know that even they have started to think about "the right time" and are probably secretly doing some research without my knowing anyway. But ultimately its my life and my decision, and I won't let someone else make it for me. 

fuzzyface

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahi623

I don't know how to pull of that funky quote thing yet so..

@psawyer: I am actually curious about Sudhir's motivation. Seeing a new layer to Shirpa (who knew Ekta could do layers??) has made me cautiously optimistic that the little things we are noticing about Sudhir will eventually reveal a few more shades of his character. I think you raised a question earlier on the thread that if Priya was always willing to marry the guy her father found for her, why didn't he find a guy for her? And why is she the breadwinner of the family? I hope they work these questions out in a subtle manner. It would be interesting because this is the parent who is on Priya's "side" and loves her, but is still weak as a person.

I hope they maintain this (so far) realistic development of characters. I love what they have done with Ram and Priya...all other characters on the show(including Nuts) have potential to develop great backstories and multiple motivations as the show progresses, or go into the typical good vs evil camps.

And I really really hope they keep up this subtlety, and let us work things out for ourselves.

I love love love Buffy(series, character, verse) I miss it so much. Sigh. I am watching Buffy and Angel(the shows) on reruns these days.

@bold - totally! I'm also looking forward to seeing these things being unfolded slowly and with subtlety. I do agree that this show has been quite good so far on that front, but here's hoping EK can sustain that. 

As for Buffy, I miss it like anything! Almost every few months I have a Buffy/Angel marathon with my DVD boxsets. First things first - Angel-Buffy or Spike-Buffy? LOL

fuzzyface

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aimin

Hello there! Great analysis... Vasu.Smile& great discussion! Even though it looks like the topic has been talked into exhaustion, I have just a thing or two to add myself...

YES to everything you said but I slightly disagree with you on one thing. ._. It did look like Priya was feeling humiliated at the beginning of the scene but as Karthik went on with his explanation, I saw an inkling of gratitude on her face (looks like it was just me >_>). Quoting what he said, she COULD have gotten married but she didn't, for him. The scene initially looked absurd to me & I wondered why Karthik had to talk about this in front of everyone but in retrospect, I think he did so because his wishes would have fallen on deaf ears with the control freak Shipra poking her nose into everything, not to mention selfless Priya herself not letting him do this, no need to even mention the soft-spoken Papa here.

For me, Priya honestly looked touched and troubled with what Karthik said. She would of course be depressed and embarrassed for being a hindrance to her brother's happiness. Nonetheless, I appreciate Karthik's effort however it might have been carried out. This was probably the 1st time someone acknowledged her in a room full of people. I loved how he said that PRIYA is responsible for the man he is today. Not his father and Priya, nor his family, Just Priya.
& I think Saakshi is just great in emotional scenes like these. I truly felt for her at that moment and the situation she had been put in.

I'm probably going to sound like someone who started watching BALH recently but I can't resist this. Another thing I like is that Ram's not a cynical man considering how miserable his life is. Yes, he's wary and he doesn't trust people. But that didn't mean he wouldn't see a person for who he/she is. If this was a K serial from 5 years back, Ram would be a ruthless businessman who had to get married to a 'lowly' teacher who would of course change him with her kind nature after the marriage. If it had been that man, he would have scoffed at Karthik, telling him to end the pretense of being nice when he ended his heartfelt speech.
But this Ram Kapoor does not fall into the cliche cruel businessman category.Clap & this was clear from his reaction, his humble confession to Karthik. He might have all the money in this world and people may be falling at his feet everywhere he goes but he doesn't treat good people like dirt and most of all, he's not above a simple apology!

Hi Aimin! Great analysis. I like your point that perhaps Priya did look a little grateful at just the simple fact that finally someone had acknowledged her actions and sacrifices, and that this emotion was warring with her humiliation. 

I also loved that Ram is not the typical Ruthless Angry Type A Alpha Male. As someone said, being a "ruthless businessman" is his JOB, and that perhaps he needs to be ruthless in business. But it is not who HE is, not his personality and not what he needs to be in his personal life. We all have a work persona and a home persona, and they are never quite exactly the same. We behave differently at work than we do at home and I like that Ram has that nuance of character. 

AbhiAni

Mahi623

Mahi623

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
@psawyer: Of course, this question came up. *Takes a deep breath* Buffy-Spike, Buffy-Angelus, Angel-Cordelia... you?

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahi623

@psawyer: Of course, this question came up. *Takes a deep breath* Buffy-Spike, Buffy-Angelus, Angel-Cordelia... you?

LOL. Buffy-Angel, Buffy-Angelus, Angelus-Faith (only in the "wow, they are crazy!" factor). I love Cordy, but not with Angel. And certainly not with Connor, bleugh. Similarly, love Spike but only as Buffy's friend and sometime closest confidante. I think by the end he was probably her BEST friend, by the sheer nature of what they both were and what they had been through. 

Edited by psawyer - 19 June 2011 at 3:13pm

Mahi623

Mahi623

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 3:41pm | IP Logged

@psawyer: My attitude towards Buffy-Spike is very very complicated. While I love the portrayal of the relationship and find it more compelling than Buffy-Angel, I still honestly believed, as Spike did, that Buffy did not truly mean that "I love you" in the series finale, 

I agree about Spike being her best friend by the end of the series. Willow and Xander were always each other's best friends first...and Spike was the only one who got her, especially in the early sixth season:

"Life's not a song. Life isn't bliss. Life is just this."  Yup! Know the lyrics by heart

Faith/Angelus: YUP!! They were crazy! I am talking fourth season Angel here, not third season lets trick Faith episode of Buffy. But Angelus has instant chemistry with EVERYONE! The epic swordfight still gives me tingles.

Ugh! Connor! I blame him completely for Cordy's downfall..I know Jasmine was mostly responsible but at least she was evil, Connor was just an idiot who fell for his own "adoptive" mother..

Sorry for the Buffy ramble, I just really really love the show

Also, have you noticed how NO ONE ever mentions Riley in the Spike vs Angel debate? That poor non entity.

psawyer

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.