Family matters - 16 June - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
oh yeah ,, i realy like the show ,,,its about mature people,,,good going
Originally posted by Maz.

@Mrubee...don't agree about Karthik..Why didn't karthik think of this before Ram's family came over with the proposal?  I think it's because he was pondering over the situation..and things happened too fast around him..he didn't expect psycho Natasha to go on a wrist slitting spree and consequently to be made to get married so soon..he probably always wanted his sister to be settled and happy before he thinks of his own wedding..

absolutely agree... it was so humiliating 4 Priya... she felt she was responsible 4 all these... Kartik should hv talked 2 Ram pvtly rather than flashing Priya's marriage issue in front of every1😑 if he really wanted 2 b a supportive brother he shouldnt hv humiliated his sis in front of his wud be in-laws
Vasu, thank you so much for opening a post daily so that all of us can discuss the show at one place.😊 Its fun reading everyone's reviews and I need not roam arnd in the forum. πŸ˜†

I saw yest's sbs trps segment and guess what?! There was a special mention to BALH saying that the first week had received dismal response but trps have picked up in the 2nd week and ppl are appreciating the lead pair and the overall story.😊

And like Vasu said, we have to give it to Ekta for doing damage control on time. Dont know about the future, but it was a wise decision to change the writer at the right time. πŸ˜› 

I was also expecting Ram to notice that facemask mark... but scenes like Priya giving that acknowledged look on seeing Ram check the water, him praising her hand-made pakodasπŸ˜‰ were cute. What I even liked more was Ram and his mom(wow, this lady has mellowed down and is likeable since last 2 epis😲) appreciated Priya on her education profile. πŸ‘πŸΌ It was not stereotypical MIL giving looks on seeing the condition of the house and taunting and all that. 

I liked how Priya retorted saying why cant she be single and happy? This is what I had a problem when the show had started off.. and yesterday hearing that from her was nice! She is no dukhi abla naari but single by choice! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Karthik and Priya are right in their own way... could feel more for Priya since she is under pressure due to Karthik's condition. 

Coming to Shipra, maybe it is due to the actress and her shrillness.. but I have seen ppl who tend to vent out their inabilities on ppl they love the most so that they bring out the best in them. But in this case, they show Shipra as a gold-digger and greedy lady and then loving mother is confusing. πŸ˜• She must be having a grudge against God for depriving Priya of martial bliss but did she really try or hunt for a groom for her daughter? All we saw was her mocking Priya of not getting a prince. 

Edited by shreya- - 12 years ago

Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
@avivakirk - hey Aviva! Agree with your post completely...I would give this episode an 8 also. 

Originally posted by maris08

Vasu
 once again your yes mam is here.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Lol Maris, welcome ji, welcome πŸ˜†

Yes this weeks episode was having all the right combo of progress in story, great plot, superb acting , wonderful family bonding and even better emotional expressions of the main leads and to a lesser extent other actors too. Totally agree - all apart from Nuts did an excellent job. Even Shipra, whose actions I hated, did not annoy me as much with her acting

Nuts is now driving me nuts with hardly anything worthwhile to say about her, wheras Karthik seem to the next pillar of strenght for Priya after her Dad. Kudos to him for understanding her. I actually prefer Karthik to Sudhir as at least Karthik seems to have the backbone to take a decision like that. After all, it is his life he is putting on hold. What does Sudhir do apart from fetch groceries and eat?

The chemistry of RaYa is very much palpable leaving us yearning for their marriage to happen. Waiting for that beautiful flow of the brook akin to the hidden feelings and longings  to flow like a stream called love.

Awww, so cute! Waiting for that moment too...

Originally posted by SuganthiS

The 16th June episode showed us that Ram's ego isn't so big that he can't apologise when he's in the wrong. I also liked that Karthik stood up for his sister, but sad that the fact that she's not married was again raised in front of people who were practically strangers to her. I also liked her dialogue when she said that can't a woman be single if she wants to. 

Ram trying to pacify Nutz and getting frustrated that he's not getting through to her...was a natural scene, her mom and sister somehow seem more like the type who place status above Nutz.

While Shipra seems selfish, I feel that its her frustration and guilt at not being able to get Priya married that is causing her outburst. She's loud but I think that's how the creatives have envisioned her character.

The last scene, thank God for Vikram and his practical sense. The background music and lyrics suited the mood and while Ram hates the rain and Priya loves the rain, both are similar in ways that are important. They both love their families and I guess this love for their siblings is what will bring about Ram and Priya's marriage.

Hi Suganthi. I agree with much of your post, especially the points above. 

@silvermoonlight - hi! I agree, Karthik should have taken Ram aside and not blurted out the whole thing in front of everyone. 

@kishpi - I feel much the same about these two characters. Shipra's motivations at least I can understand, but Nuts is just such a mystery, and not one that I am particularly interested in...

@Mru - hey Mru. Yeah, the timing of Karthik's declaration was a little off. I wonder if that was his real reason because if you noticed, he first mentioned the whole "standing on my own feet thing" and when he saw that it wasn't working, and Shipra was saying "that's not reason enough", he quickly came out with the reason of Priya. I'm not saying that he wasn't genuine in his love for Priya; just that it was a weird time to declare so. 
Originally posted by ssroomani

Good analysis, Vasu ( I am taking the liberty to call you that! 😊). Of course you can, roomani!

I liked Kartik for standing up for himself and his family but why then did he not speak up earlier?  If he wanted to "settle" his sister before his marriage, why did he even allow the Kapoor family to come home with the proposal? πŸ€” It looked to me that his thoughts on Priya were almost the effect of Ram's offer; either his conscience was stung because he did not think of his sister or he just needed more time before actually tying the knot...to prove himself worthy and he used his sister as the reason. πŸ˜• I really felt for Priya, she was in a most uncomfortable situation at that time as her tears indicated! That's interesting - that his conscience was pricked by Ram's obvious love for his sister. But from what I have seen of Karthik so far, he is still the only person ((I refuse to count useless Sudhir) who is 100% committed to Priya and understands her like no other. 

@Anamika - hey Anu, I'm liking the show more and more as well. It is generally quite fast paced and not too draggy, so I'm hoping it continues this way and we get to see the issue of RP's marriage soon, even it is is the end of next week. 

@vidusha - hi. thanks for liking!

@Preeti - The Karthik-Priya scene was my favourite too; just the fact that it was so real really blew me away. In other shows there would be this mahaan speech about daughters being as good as sons and blah blah blah, but all Priya said was "so what? I do what I do because it's my family, because its my duty". It didn't seem like the typical self-sacrificial type of lady who wants to be considered mahaan. She acknowledged that she too wanted to get married but it was not a priority and she wasn't going to go around parading her unmarried-ness as a point on which to garner sympathy. And again, I agree with you on Shipra - she should at the very least respect Priya's decisions even if she does not like or understand them. If she respected that about Priya, I would actually not mind her so much. 

@Maz - hi! Don't be a silent lurker πŸ˜† so what if we all discuss the same thing, everyone has their angle on things and that's what makes these discussions - and life - so interesting. 

As far as we know, Sudhir and Shipra do nothing, and everyone lives off Priya's earnings. I want to know if Priya does more than teach at TOEFELs classes because I can't imagine being able to sustain a family of five on one person's salary. Maybe Karthik helps out, or will start helping out now that he has a new job?

@shreya - you're welcome, lol. I have a habit of making long, impassioned speeches about  things I like and don't like (I could be a Kekta mahaan-type bhashan devi for sure πŸ˜†) but I am so glad and surprised that you guys actually find my ramblings interesting and worth discussing πŸ˜† to be honest it's nice to be amongst people who have decent and intelligible thoughts and can express them in more than emoticons and grunts πŸ˜†

Loved your analysis and I agree with everything so there is nothing more to say πŸ˜†
Im reading ur analysis 4 the very 1st tym n very well written Vasu (hope u dont mind me calling u directly πŸ˜³)

it was a touchy n sensitive epi like u mentioned n i liked it

it always cant be hilarious or sizzling ...

Ram sniffing the water was funny though n so was karthik calling nutts nutty ... way 2 go u defo r Priya's bro in bravery 🀣

Shipra was too much at the start... some1 tape her mouth wiv duck tape plzzz
her breakdown after ... i dunno i tried to understand her yet her reasons 4 insulting Priya arent good enough ... if she is upset wiv God then try to be that extra nice to ur own daughter

when Vikram said to Ram like u Priya would also want a man who would understand her etc ... i was praying some bells would ring like i could be that man... but im being to hasty i guess

the last last scene was so surreal... she in the rain... bare footed on the grass n then him closing that window... just like the promo

London... r drug addicts only found in London?? there has to be something more than that

Originally posted by Maz.

Nice post! 'been reading your takes this week...and every time find myself too late to post any reply cos everyone has already completely dissected all bits of the episode, and there is nothing more to say!..lol..

I agree with you about Shipra...I don't get it either...I haven't seen the first few episodes of BALH...but what do Priya's parents actually do/did for a living?..is it only Priya's income with which they live on?..I don't understand why everything has to be dumped on her...

@Mrubee...don't agree about Karthik..Why didn't karthik think of this before Ram's family came over with the proposal?  I think it's because he was pondering over the situation..and things happened too fast around him..he didn't expect psycho Natasha to go on a wrist slitting spree and consequently to be made to get married so soon..he probably always wanted his sister to be settled and happy before he thinks of his own wedding..

@nureat01...totally agree about Nuts!...she is mentally ill no doubt!...that is definitely not just stubbornness..

heyaa Mazzy.. so finally you post .. hehehe

Hmm.. on Karthik .. It might have been so that he always wanted Priya to get married before him. But he hasn't been vocal about it, or at least it wasn't shown or implied.  The timing was off for me. Maybe the scene was set up in such a way that Ram talks about his sister and then Karthik talks about his sister...  so it seems like a sibling love competition.

We will find out soon, if he uses the sister card again whenever Ram talks about Nuts .. hehe

Ohh.. and loved the way Priya was walking on the lawn, barefeet. It can be very soothing, at least it is for me, .. and of course the little play on the first promo of rain ...

-- Mru
Originally posted by Mru_bee

Ohh.. and loved the way Priya was walking on the lawn, barefeet. It can be very soothing, at least it is for me, .. and of course the little play on the first promo of rain ...

-- Mru

Oh I loveddd that bit too, Mru! Really simple and so wonderful...I agree it's a very soothing thing...and I loved that they showed it like this...Priya in a contemplative mood just taking a walk to soothe her mind...you can tell how much she enjoys nature and greenery too...

And yes they tied in the first rain promo wonderfully...I'd say the entire epi suddenly upped the quality level of BALH episπŸ˜†...barring the creepiness of Nuts...otherwise I felt the way the scenes were conceived and directed...there is definitely a marked improvement in quality.

@psawyer: yep your ramblings are fun to read!..hehe... sure will post more often :)

@Priya's parents..ohh alright..it seems like a loophole in the story...just to portray her as the one with all the responsibility...

@Mru:
Hmm.. on Karthik .. It might have been so that he always wanted Priya to get married before him. But he hasn't been vocal about it, or at least it wasn't shown or implied.  The timing was off for me. Maybe the scene was set up in such a way that Ram talks about his sister and then Karthik talks about his sister...  so it seems like a sibling love competition.

We will find out soon, if he uses the sister card again whenever Ram talks about Nuts .. hehe

@bold- I think it was to be assumed in his resigned attitude the night before they visit...saying something like 'so they are coming home tom?'..etc.. And also maybe that's why the first time Priya spoke to him about Natasha...he tried to underplay his feelings...and not show his eagerness to get married..

And as to him talking about this issue after Ram discusses the factories thing... maybe he was just waiting for some proper conversation to begin...and just being polite...if Karthik had spoken first...surely Ram would have been irritated a little...

Errr...I don't know why I am defending Karthik so much also...πŸ˜†

@Priya walking on wet grass...ooo yeah that is a very relaxing feeling...and it was a nice contrast to Ram closing the windows..