Posted: 12 years ago
This has been a good week for BALH. I don't know if its the new director, a general tightening of the script or just the fact that Ram and Sakshi have had the most interaction with each other in this week. But all the episodes have been many notches higher than the previous ones. 

First things first - thank God there was no cliche getting-stuck-in-the-lift scene. Was kind of expecting it since yesterday but I am glad that it was avoided. 

Ram sniffing the glass choosing not to drink as Priya looked on was πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Ram liking Priya's food, so cute. I think that's the first thing of Priya's that he has liked πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

What did Niharika think of Priya that she didn't say?? Did she think she was the maid or something? 

The whole pre-nuptial agreement scene was awkward and a little insulting, but I liked Karthik standing up for his family and voicing his concerns. I loved that he believes in his own capabilities and does not want to mooch off Ram and his properties. Calling Nuts nuts to Ram's face was a bold move, but his honesty I guess made up for that mistakeπŸ˜†

Poor Priya - I really felt bad for her when her unmarried status was paraded in front of everybody. I love Karthik's intentions, but felt really bad that he had to do it that way. It would have been better if he had taken Ram aside to tell him that in private. Priya's tears of humiliation made me feel awful. 

I liked Ram's maturity and his approval of Karthik and his intentions. After all the misunderstandings and misconceptions, everything was finally cleared by Karthik's honesty. (p.s. Anu, did you hear the souped up, jacked up theme tune?! We knew it would happen! πŸ˜†)

Ram's apology was so heartfelt, and his assurance that he would take care of Priya's marriage was so lovely. He showed a lot of maturity in feeling emotion for someone who is essentially a stranger. It becomes more and more obvious that RP are so good for each other. 

I loved Priya's anger towards Karthik about his spilling her secrets out in such a way. And I loved their argument, because both are right in their own way. I loved her dialogue "Can't a girl be single if she wants?" Finally they mentioned this very important point - that people make her feel like she is somehow less for not being married. 

And her humiliation is complete - how can she expect others to understand her position when her own mother won't?! Shipra's breakdown later doesn't really help me see her point - I get that she is frustrated and upset but is that any reason to make Priya feel like she's a second class citizen?! If she would just control her tongue long enough, she would not hurt her own daughter so. As someone has said elsewhere, it makes Shipra a very confused character and does not lend well to being sympathetic. 

What is wrong with London, Niharika? Not all of us are drug addicts, you know. And aren't there any drugs in India?! 

Lol ^ that was a side note...I'm guessing there is more to London that Niharika's fears of drugs. 

They seriously need to show Nuts to a doctor - she is very possibly insane. 

Wow Ram, nine minutes?! You are a Grand Master of Fate and we bow before your Greatness ! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Priya's despondency in the final scene, and Ram's disheartened demeanour were both portrayed very well through that simple, sweet, wordless scene. And a new BALH tune, yay! I liked how they took the symbolism from the promo but didn't repeat it scene from scene. Thus it didn't feel shoehorned in, and it felt like those promos were just another facet of RP's lives. 

A good episode today - not every episode has to be rib-ticklingly funny or with sparkly chemistry etc. Some episodes are melancholy but even in that sadness are smooth and beautiful. For once, even the sidey characters didn't annoy me as much as they normally would, and I really liked today's episode. 

I though it was a really good epi too, Vas...well rounded, crisp...a lot happened...some pretty intense scenes for various characters...Kartik taking a stand, Ram's apology to the family...Priya venting to Kartik about why anyone can't let her be single and live her life...(btw I loved how she kept saying Kartik YAAR in this bit...lol)...

LOL they've played that fast version of the BALH tune previously also but I forgot to mention it to you that day...they were playing it in the bg of the phone scene on Tuesday...lol...but yeah today it was clearer...also in the end they played the sad version..."bade SACCHE lagte hain...soonapan, veerane...something something"...Amazing how Kekta knows how these generic sad versions of the song will fit EVERY sad situation b/w RP later on...LOLL

Adorable moment of the epi HAS to be Ram so delighted with that break pakora and instantly saying it's so good and asking where they got it from...and his expression when he finds out that Priya made it...LOL...yeah this is the first time he's liked anything in connection to Priya...bread pakore ki kasam...haha...

Nice epi honestly...I wasn't really pained by any scene...even though the bits with Nuts were quite creepy as usual...this chick belongs in a mental institution, no joke...how is she being allowed to roam free with normal public? *shudders*
great post once againπŸ‘

will come back to add one or two of my own favorite soon.

The Bold Talks:  I was sad to see that there was no more alone convo between Priya and Ram as I hoped that there was more on that. Shipra started her usual showoff and I am sure most people must have tuned out but what I loved was the expressions that kept playing off on the faces with no one really agreeing or disagreeing verbally. The fact that Ram chose to not drink the water was odd because he did drink the last time and survived but the balance came in the form of him loving the food. Me too wonders what Niharika thought about Priya .If she was assuming she was the house help because she was in kind of not pleasing clothes as Shipra and Ayesha then she should take her look at her older daughter as her outfit to me was horrendous. When Ram put forth the pre-nup loved the way Priya's face expressed out the opposite of her mom and to her relief Karthik was bold enough to step up and speak his mind. However what I did not understand why he had to let all the meeting take place if he wanted his sister to be married before him. I think this was an insult to Ram and his family.On the other hand for Ram to acknowledge his thoughts coming into this and accept his mistake wah wah .

Nuts MIA :Is it just me that I don't understand Nuts and what she is trying to emote . With such top actors this actress seem to not fit in as I always feel she has a weird look on her face and cannot decipher it to be happy or sad or in love. Was this a blooper if the door was behind Ram and Ram was talking how did no one see Nuts leaving? Why is Niharika so hell bent on getting Nuts married asap. Somehow I feel she only thinks of her secretary daughter and son as her own.

Priya's House As expected we knew Priya was going to get upset with what Karthik had said. This was on the same lines as the convo that the brother sister had yesterday where it seems like Karthik is really not wanting to get married. So he keeps harping on family and Priya in particular. Maybe Shipra did have a point on Priya not taking marriage seriously but that did not mean that this situation was Priya's fault. It was a nice relief to see instead of the usual repeat slap scenario that we are used in Ekta's show it just ended up with Priya and the rest silently walking out. Finally they showed the real Shipra a mothers heart who although shows her anger on her own does it not out of hate but out of defeat of not having given her the best. I know it feels like she is treating her like dirt but what it could have been just like Karthik saying no now Priya had clinged on to something and said no at that time . And time flies and Shipra has now accepted defeat on that front and decided to move on

The bar.- No Ram helicopter is a thing while a groom is a person there is a huge difference. Thank god Vikram is around to knock sense as always. Ram we know that nothing is impossible because you are the guy !!!

Great PostπŸ‘Liked Kartik so much today! Stood up like a man before Ram and said he needs time to give Nats all she deserves.He didn't take up Ram's carrotsticksoffer  of the two companies in Nat's name and Kartik to  be the caregiver.He showed his gratitude to his Dee by speaking some home truths. Wished Shipra would listen but it flounced off like water from a duck's back.He analysed Nat's character perfectly and still he loved the crazy woman.

Nat's character is scary. One wrong move and she would be over the edge. Her glazed looks makes me to wonder if she's still on drugs. She shows all the symptoms of a junkie.Is she bipolar? Nigarika her Mom too mentioned she was on drugs when she was in London. The last part showed the loneliness of Priya.Rains arouses a lot of  romantic feelings and the scene perfectly captured her loneliness.
Both Mums are good at playing the Guilt trap.
 When Kartik was extolling Priya's gungaan Ram was in fact shocked to find out she's not the gold digger he made her out to be. Ram had the guts to apologise to Kartik and his family when he found out he had misjudged them.
 πŸ˜†Ram! What's with you and water? Lol it's funny when u took one glance at the water and decided not to drink it. The slight smile playing on Priya's lips showed she saw through him. Well now we know you don't like rains because you shut the door instead of enjoying the rain.
Ram's friend is the voice of reason in his life. Would give today's show a rating of 8/10.
Vasu
 once again your yes mam is here.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Yes this weeks episode was having all the right combo of progress in story, great plot, superb acting , wonderful family bonding and even better emotional expressions of the main leads and to a lesser extent other actors too.

Shipra inspite of being an ear and eye sore proved after all she was a mother in hearts of heart.

Nuts is now driving me nuts with hardly anything worthwhile to say about her, wheras Karthik seem to the next pillar of strenght for Priya after her Dad. Kudos to him for understanding her.

The chemistry of RaYa is very much palpable leaving us yearning for their marriage to happen. Waiting for that beautiful flow of the brook akin to the hidden feelings and longings  to flow like a stream called love.
Edited by maris08 - 12 years ago
This week has been good for BALH.

The 16th June episode showed us that Ram's ego isn't so big that he can't apologise when he's in the wrong. I also liked that Karthik stood up for his sister, but sad that the fact that she's not married was again raised in front of people who were practically strangers to her. I also liked her dialogue when she said that can't a woman be single if she wants to.

Ram smelling the water was in character and Priya's smile was one of understanding, not a taunting one. Ram liking Priya's pakoda was sweet, Ram and Sakshi's expressions are so good and subtle at places where the expressions should be that way.

Nutz...in a way, she's scary, it could be the eyes. I wonder how a down to earth and sane person like Karthik fell for her. Is this the case of opposites attract, though these 2 are way too opposite.

Ram trying to pacify Nutz and getting frustrated that he's not getting through to her...was a natural scene, her mom and sister somehow seem more like the type who place status above Nutz.

While Shipra seems selfish, I feel that its her frustration and guilt at not being able to get Priya married that is causing her outburst. She's loud but I think that's how the creatives have envisioned her character.

The last scene, thank God for Vikram and his practical sense. The background music and lyrics suited the mood and while Ram hates the rain and Priya loves the rain, both are similar in ways that are important. They both love their families and I guess this love for their siblings is what will bring about Ram and Priya's marriage.
Edited by SuganthiS - 12 years ago
I felt bad for Priya
She was humiliated

Kartik should have spoken to Ram in private

The worst part was..when RK ..said he would find help find a guy ..that was the ultimate slap

I really dislike Priya's mom
@Vasu...Lovely analysis of the epi...

The two characters i'm not able to like however much i try are Nuts & Shipra...i understand that the CVs need a character like Nuts who needs to be aggressive and pressurize the leads to make them think about their marriage, if not there wouldn't be any logic in the story point...but when these two appear on screen i feel like flipping the channel...both are extremes...
Great post, Vasu .. I was happy that Priya mentioned that fact that "Cant She be single and still happy with her life" dialogue.

I was just bothered by the timing of Karthik's declaration. It almost seemed to me, he heard Ram say that he was putting that contract thing because he was looking after his sister's interest and a brother needs to make sure his sister is taken care ( or something to that effect) and That spurred him on to put in his love of his sister in the equation as well.  Maybe that wasn't the intent, but to me it almost seemed like * My love for my sister vs your love for your sister*..

And yea, it also looked like Karthik was trying to give himself time before he marries Nuts.. maybe he is imagining she would be out of his life somehow till then ... πŸ€”

Priya was spot on with her reaction. To be paraded like that in front of strangers, by her own brother. I guess this is the drama element.

Shipra was understandable today, though I still can't stand her shrieking. The father, I really have nothing to say. I don't get what he does or the fact that he is only there to speak how his daughter will blah blah..

Vikram and Ram conversation was pretty neat. Nothing is impossible for Mr Ram Kapoor .. he is going to play matchmaker for Priya.. wonder why *Nothing Impossible* Ram Kapoor never found himself a wife so far ... Seems like he is approaching this again like a business deal..hehe

-- Mru