There's a pill for that...15 June

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Oh my God, I love Priya! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 Just...I knew I would, because it's Sakshi, but I didn't know I would love her for just being her, you know? This episode belonged to Priya, through and through. 

But first things first. Ram's habit of cleaning glasses wherever he happens to be sitting (even in a restaurant he chose!) is just hilarious. And the little smug, superior smile when he put that newly Ram-sanitised glass down was just 🤣🤣🤣🤣 God, I love the nuances he brings to this character. 

Priya's uncomfortable-ness at being dolled up like a potential bride came through very well in her body language, her squirming while Ram looked at her...only to point out that her bindi is askew 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I really enjoyed that bindi manoeuvre scene - so pointless a task and certainly not progressing the conversation, but it didn't feel like a filler. It felt like a very humorous depiction of the eccentricities of Ram's character, particularly his gaping mouthwhen she put the bindi onto the plate 🤣🤣

Priya's mother is doing her no favours however - her continued misconception that Priya is an idiot is only making Priya look more feeble, especially in the eyes of Ram. 

I liked how they both honestly apologised for their various misdemeanours, but Ram's awkwardness when she was listing all the things she had called him, in front of the waiter, was a little overplayed. We know what she called him, no need to repeat it for comic effect, na?

Ram's little diatribe of the rain, and Priya's impassioned defence of irrigation and mineral water was too funny 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and Ram's response? "I was just complaining. I wasn't actually going to go out and stop the rain" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The point at which I fell out of my chair with laughter was when Ram suggested meeting at 12, and Priya - very seriously - said that it was impossible to meet at 12, because every day at 12 they have to go to the police station 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What I really liked about this scene was that up until now, Priya has been laughing at and teasing Ram for his eccentricities, but this time Ram got a chance to laugh at her slight trip. Not that it was a nice thing to do, just that their relationship felt slightly more even and balanced. 

I think I might not despise Shipra so much if they dubbed her voice with a heavier voiced actress'. At the moment she talks at a pitch even dogs would cover their ears from. 

The scene where Priya does all the housework as Ayesha and Shipra "honey" loll about wearing face masks was a much better portrayal of Priya's life and circumstances than a dozen people telling us over and over again how bechari Priya is. I don't want to hear from yet another person how Priya does all the work and sacrifices everything; I want to see it, because I sure as hell can decipher the subtext from a scene. 

Though I hate Nuts, I did like that one moment of sibling love when Ram told her that she will always live with him, and she agreed. It seems she at least really does love him, though that might be simply because he gives her what she wants. 

The Priya-Karthik scene I felt was basically a repeat of yesterday's - I don't get Karthik's reticence; if his only issue is to find a groom for Priya first, then why doesn't he just do it instead of moping around after a wrist-slitting freak? 

The rest of the episode was the Shipra show, and as such was not as entertaining as the first half. Maybe its this whole Karthik-Nuts shaadi business that bores me; I don't care about nachos and pizzas when I want to see more RP. 

The lift scene with the random aunty was typical Ekta and didn't really add much to the whole episode or the RP equation. Though I did like RP's continuance of Monday's teasing. And is Ram's solution to everything another pill? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd say today was a 6 out of 10 - and the whole 6 goes to the RP scene at the beginning. Most of the rest of the episode I could have done without. What do you guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
LOL the epi deffo had it's moments I'd say, Vas...so I agree with your post largely.

Ram's OCD-ness about hygiene ESPECIALLY his obsession with cleaning glasses is 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...cuz he does it in this HOITY TOITY sa manner...hahaha...the way he'll shake out the napkin and start polishing the glass like he's some pro BUTLER or something🤣🤣...Kills me everytime🤣🤣

The bindi scene was a refreshing one...again Kekta surprised me with something unique I'd say...lol...and one more aspect to Ram's OCD-ness...Priya was looking so pretty...but what does he notice?? Her out of place BINDI which was "disturbing the perfect order of things"🤣🤣...and yes I too laughed very hard at his HORRIFIED expression when she sticks the bindi onto the plate in exasperation🤣

Priya gets in these SOLID zingers in the epi that just made me enjoy her character all the more...LOL...cuz otherwise both of them were attempting to be all apologetic...but then Priya manages to get her little "revenge" in from time to time by loudly apologizing for calling him fat over and over again in front of the waiter...and then the 12 baje humein police station haazri lagaane jaana padta hai waali line...lol

Ram is SUCH a cartoon seriously...I'm amazed that he's managed to have even one friend in Vikram all his life...LOL...HAR cheez pe he has a complaint...lol...the rant about baarish...and Priya launching into her own expansive lecture on it in response🤣🤣...

I LOL'd in the end when Priya tripped on her heel...so we did get a TRIP...but no CATCH...thank you Ekta! 😆...Ram's bemusement at this was so hilarious to watch...cute bit.

The rest of the epi with Shipra nonsense did grate on my nerves a lot...

But the ending picked up again...LOL...the expressions on R and P's faces when that aunty tells them what a great jodi they make and she could tell first day only that there was something b/w them and woh aise hi jhagad rahe the🤣🤣🤣...the awkwardness was adorably balanced in b/w along with Ram's irritated expressions...lol...and ofcourse the parting shot..."there's a pill for that!" haha🤣...Ram's world revolves around his pills and cleaning glasses only...kya hoga is bande ka🤣🤣

I also liked Priya trying to get a few more digs in about their earlier meeting near the lift and the remark about taking the stairs...LOL...Priya really was the star of this epi...I'm lovinggg how Sakshi is playing her.
SuganthiS thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Ram and Priya are really cute. Ram with his OCD behavior, his hyper and sensitive behavior about his weight and sarcastic comments to Priya's retorts...too good. Priya behaves very out of character when she's with Ram, I bet she never calls anyone else names or taunts them...its only Ram who manages to bring out 😈 side in her. I like that, that the hero is not perfect, the heroine is not Ms Goody Two Shoes and am looking forward to some great scenes and dialogues between them.

Vikram is one character who is also good. I hope that the other characters too live up to expectations, a serial should be able to depend on all its characters, not just the leads.

I liked the conversation about the rain and the subtle look of shock, confusion on Ram and Priya's faces when the aunty assumes that they were going to get married and says that they make a good pair. This subtlety in expressions in certain scenes is what makes Ram and Sakshi stand apart. 👏
Edited by SuganthiS - 12 years ago
Mahi623 thumbnail
Hello..I am new here, and I just finished watching this week's episodes, and I have to agree with you guys about Ran and Priya being amazing, while the rest of the cast/scenes are plain meh..

The meeting at the restaurant was definitely the highlight of this episode like you guys said.

The bindi scene was adorable...if it was any other show, there would have been some effort at his aiming to fix it himself, but rather it showed aspects of their characters, and the absolute awkwardness of two adults trying to smooth things over. Especially when she landed the bindi in the plate, her mother would have killed her if she ever knew.

Oh and speaking of, how sweet is both their social awkwardness? While  Ram's social awkwardness is more obvious with his OCD behaviour, I love how they show that in her own subtle way Priya is also socially inept. She does not like being dressed up and she recognizes that, while hilarious, it is not right to insult strangers on stairwells. And when she trips wearing heels, it is just adorable. It doesn't even occur to Ram to move to catch her, even instinctively  because things like that don't occur to him (case in point the shopping bags).

Also, is the little sister-Selena Gomez lookalike- psychotic? I missed quite a few episodes in the middle purposely, but, was she appealing when she was falling in love with Karthik?

maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vasu  once again a great analysis. These days I seem to be more of yes mam kind of person to your posts.

As you had succintly put all the points together, theres nothing else left for me to type except maybe DITTO.

But one thing Iam greatly impressed  in yesterday's episode was Ram and Priya's emotional quotient.

RAM clearly was miles ahead in facial expressions, be it his OCD, his mischevious smile at Priya's trip, the love for Nuts and helplessness at seeing his family's behaviour, the utter contempt for Shipra, the pill for all malady, and the discomfort at being made a jodi along with Priya.

Priya was equally up to the task with her  display of range of emotions and but Ram was a notch higher.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: SuganthiS

Ram and Priya are really cute. Ram with his OCD behavior, his hyper and sensitive behavior about his weight and sarcastic comments to Priya's retorts...too good. Priya behaves very out of character when she's with Ram, I bet she never calls anyone else names or taunts them...its only Ram who manages to bring out 😈 side in her. I like that, that the hero is not perfect, the heroine is not Ms Goody Two Shoes and am looking forward to some great scenes and dialogues between them. I SO agree with you on this...Ram brings out a side of Priya that you'd never see otherwise...it's like she can't HELP but be all 😈 towards him...she ENJOYS it even though otherwise she's muttering about how much he irritates her but first chance she gets, she's taking digs...and many times simply playful digs at him like the one near the lift😆

Vikram is one character who is also good. I hope that the other characters too live up to expectations, a serial should be able to depend on all its characters, not just the leads.

I liked the conversation about the rain and the subtle look of shock, confusion on Ram and Priya's faces when the aunty assumes that they were going to get married and says that they make a good pair. This subtlety in expressions in certain scenes is what makes Ram and Sakshi stand apart. 👏 Ditto...Ram-Sakshi brought out that subtle transition of expressions so wonderfully...treat to watch👏

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Just watched it now!. What I liked abt the shw was showing the real emotions of the actors . Ram and Priya were really good. Liked the banter btwn them. Ram idiosyncrasy abt the cleaning the glass was so good. True to his character of a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth.Priya's dialogues  were good too. She doesn't idolize him but puts him in his place with her intelligent answers. I liked her in the pink salwar kameez. Ayesha too looked gorgeous.
Shipra continues to play the silly, greedy, insensitive Mom to thre hilt.Ram's  stepmom really can add salt to the wound by telling that  her sage bhai has to be there. If that was the case why didn't she send him in the first place?😡 Out of the lot  only Nat  seems to be close to Ram!.
Hope Ram sees that his family is using him and doesn't have an iota of love for him.
I loved the Bindi scene very much!!!👏
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hahaha Vasu.. a pill for everything .. he surely needs one to stop his innate need to clean glasses!!! I am surprised he hasn't cleaned the cleaning cloth yet ...

I am slowly turning into a Ram Kapoor fangirl!!! the dude actually LOLed when Priya tripped!!! 😆 😆

-- Mru

Chitrita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Vas...Awesome analysis yet again👍🏼...Thanks for opening this thread daily😊...I love to read and here I can see a bunch of good analyzers writing their own viewpoints, likes and dislikes on the epi...hope more and more people come and discuss as the show(meaning RP relationship) is shaping up nicely now...

Crazzmatazz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great post 😃

Yesterday's epi had this 'feel good' bit 'bout it, you just couldnt help smiling to yourself..

The restaurant scene was perfect! Ram wiping the glass, he resembled a teddy bear microscope doing that (I know there's no such thing but still lol)..I like the sarcastic understone of their convos, and the fact that it's not caustic! 

The bindi scene was, ORIGINAL, I loved it!

The lift scene was decent too, it's a good thing Ram didnt go into the Swooon mood right now, and just looked irritated.

PS- Doesnt Nutz look like a goblin, or is it just me again?