Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
You know, I'm liking Vikram more and more as the show goes on. Maybe it's the absence of his annoying wife, or the fact that he plays well with Ram when he's not spouting love bhashans, or the fact that he seems to be Priya's first champion in the Win Ram Over campaign LOL.

Someone I am still not liking is Shipra. Her hypocrisy is certainly very Indian and very common, but it grates on me more than I can sometimes bear. I would rather hear from Priya's sister who at least has some common sense and a sweeter voice. And Dad ko toh chodo...his broken record is really very irritating Angry

I liked that scene between Karthik and Priya. I don't actually mind Karthik - he's a nice enough boy except for the fact that I can't understand what he sees in the psycho. I did like Priya teasing him over his first crush Madhuri, who is my all-time crush EmbarrassedLOL and the screensavers of him and Nuts. He seems to understand though that Nuts is nuts but cannot stay away from her still. Men Ermm

The Nuts scene was Sleepy-worthy except for the fact that I couldn't stop laughing at Ram's mum's expressions when Nuts was excitedly jumping around. She looked terrified that her daughter was going to pull out a knife and stab her or something ROFL

I loved the entire phone scene between RP. The way they were both drifting towards the phone as the awesome BG played...how they were trying to reconcile their pride and ego and anger long enough to hold it together on the phone. And how that all came crashing down the minute Ram opened his mouth and told her to apologise ROFL God, that man never stops, does he?? Priya probably would have apologised too if it weren't for that. 

It's amazing how these two can just push each other's buttons with the slightest of actions ROFL. Both were right in their own ways (though Priya was more in the right, since she had made the first move to apologise when she came to his house) and yet both were completely unwilling to admit to their mistakes. 

And the whole "fat ego = fat man" scene was just too cute. When it comes to her, it seems he is really very sensitive with regards to his weight. Loved how Vikram teased that even after all these years he still did not have the courage to call Ram fat, and how this girl did it immediately. Also found his suggestion that Ram go to Priya for all future advise and honesty extremely hilarious. 

I loved the way Priya turned it around and didn't specifically say, "You are fat", but rather "You are definitely not thin!" ROFLROFLROFL

Now I know exactly why Ram needs so many pills! ROFL The guy gets so incredibly hyper every five minutes, its a wonder he's still breathing ROFL. I loved how he took do-teen laaambi saaansein after she slammed the phone down on her, and realised that if he kept fighting her like this, then he wouldn't be able to fix Nuts' marriage in a million years. 

Loved again how their thoughts were so in sync throughout the episode, but esp. in the scene preceding the second phone call. And the symbolism shown by her making the first call and him the second was excellent, and great continuity too, btw, with that scene last week where first he calls to tell her off and then she calls to tell him off. LOL

Third time lucky, I suppose, and they finally decide to mature (ish) and have a sensible meeting to discuss their siblings. But Ram is such a snob ROFL "Can the place be a little more decent?!" ROFL

I adored Ram's little roll of the eyes and his almost indistinguishable sneer when she mentioned the Udipi restaurant - he's like, dude, we're not going to eat dosa ROFL, and she's like, well, we're not going for a business deal either, buster! And in the end they compromise. Which I suppose was the point of that scene - to show that though these people are so different in some ways, when they come together, they will find ways to compromise in order to make the other happy. 

I did wish I was watching the vid online rather than on TV though, because I really wanted to fastforward through that Nuts-Karthik scene Sleepy. If they are trying to set these two up as some passionate, intense love story, they are sorely failing. These two seem more like the nightmare couple than a passionate one, and the dialogues were cringeworthy, esp. from the girl who plays Nuts, who really cannot act very well. As for chemistry...I've seen more chemistry between two planks of wood. Skip, skip, skip and move on.

Loved the final "preparation" scenes...Vikram's role-play was hysterical, and the way that Ram explodes every five minutes is so endearing. He's so short tempered, but it doesn't seem malicious; it's just like a short burst of thunder that is gone almost immediately. 

A good episode to follow a great one...it's natural that not every episode will be as hysterically funny as the previous, but I liked the slower pace to today's episode...it was like coming back down to earth slowly after a fast rollercoaster ride LOL Aside from the usual nuisances, I do love the way that RP's relationship is shaping up; from the subtle similarities in the ways that  they approach stress (and each other) to their differences of opinion, thought and action...to their underlying "sameness" when it comes to their emotions and the core of their being. These two people can be seen to be good for each other. We are not expected to believe that they are "soulmates" because the writers tell us, but because we can see it. And that counts for everything. If you know me well enough, you know I will hardly ever say this, and sach bole toh baat khatakti bhi hai thodi LOL, but well done, Ekta and team, for bringing our two favourite actors in this way, in this kind of treatment. 

And, to leave you with tonight, here is the lovely BG of today's episode. Enjoy!

BALH 14 June - Slow, male & female

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rjp7q899cqhjxh9

http://www.badongo.com/audio/25487966

Edited by psawyer - 14 June 2011 at 4:49pm

The following 42 member(s) liked the above post:

shantellbrownChitritatvfrnds001hin_sa-swati-Cinderella100neets_ltlAshima_MishalSphallolaliaMayurnASYApbtghoshbhavika0611CrazzmatazzmuaazNikita99Gauri22shamma92saniya9919narangi314veil_of_rosesshakti_rockMru_beeanizorsahana747Pooja_219maris08Maz.-Ritz-ssroomani--SONEE---Carrie-kaveridivan-Ravjot-Autumn.OodlesDoodles-Faith-*Piku*nycsweetieavivakirkMrs. SIRAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mujhe chai pe bulaya hai...14 June" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

maris08

IF-Rockerz

maris08

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
Vasu
 A very nice step by step analysis. After the wonderful(Wacko) meeting of RaYa (where goofups and misunderstandings were the order of the day), the next episode was indeed a slight dampner. But still it was good as it was realistic , tough a touch irritating.

BTW I feel Shipra' inner mind is already working towards making a match for Priya with Ram, afterall a mother is a mother, whatever maybe her idiosyncarsies.

But I like the way Ram and Priya's characters are shaping up. Its like they are the perfect foil for each other, one minute more grounded and practical, the next minute flying off the handle for flivorious reason; but in total more family first, than self attitude.

The less said of Nuts , the better; Infact shes driving me nuts by her stubborness and high flying attitude and total crazinessAngry

Hopefully the next episode will concentrate more on RaYa's meeting and entertain us more with fire and ice, thunder and calm, hot and cool breeze. yep am already chapping my hands and licking my lips tp see this clash of Titans.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ChitritaCinderella100MayurnASYAshamma92Mru_beePooja_219psawyer

divan

IF-Rockerz

divan

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
I love your analysis...of course the stars were shining others reduced to dullness.

"I loved the entire phone scene between RP. The way they were both drifting towards the phone as the awesome BG played...how they were trying to reconcile their pride and ego and anger long enough to hold it together on the phone. And how that all came crashing down the minute Ram opened his mouth and told her to apologise ROFL God, that man never stops, does he?? Priya probably would have apologised too if it weren't for that. "
The verbal  fireworks are still going
on...and for once we don't mind.  This is much more fun than usual backstabbing or revenge tracks.

"Now I know exactly why Ram needs so many pills! ROFL The guy gets so incredibly hyper every five minutes, its a wonder he's still breathing ROFL. I loved how he took do-teen laaambi saaansein after she slammed the phone down on her, and realised that if he kept fighting her like this, then he wouldn't be able to fix Nuts' marriage in a million years. "

I love that Ram gets so mad that he just runs of words...or steam.  Stress level hits the roof.

"And the whole "fat ego = fat man" scene was just too cute. When it comes to her, it seems he is really very sensitive with regards to his weight"
Mummyji is terrible dressing Priya up as barbie doll...please leave your older beti alone we like her just the way she is...a perfect firecracker for our Ram who doesn't like the word fat...it just reminds him of his roly poly self.  

Don't like the obsessive love angle of Nutty and Karty...I see them being phased out...if there only objective is to bring Ram and Priya together.

The goodies in today's epi was Ram/Vikram, Ram/Priya, Ram/Kartik scenes...the rest forgettable or fast-forwardable...LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ChitritaMayurnASYApbtghoshshamma92Pooja_219avivakirk

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
The epi was alright, in my opinion...some bits of the RP phone convo started off well but I found the writing to be slightly stilted and repetitive and the "mota" joke wasn't written in as well as it could have been...Found Ram's hyperness on the "fat" thing a bit random too...even by Ram's usual hyper standards...lol...there were some genuinely funny bits with her saying 'patle toh aap hain nahin'...but to me the scene got better in the course of the second phone convo...I liked that Priya made the point about how this is neither her age or her samajh to be fighting petulantly like this.  Ram's ego really is massive...lol...his sneering about the Udupi restaurant and rolling his eyes about the issue with her classes was funny...

My most fav. scene was the Vikram-Ram scene when Vikram was quite amused to learn that Priya called Ram fat to his face and told  Ram to thereby take her opinion in all matters...cuz she would show him the mirror of realityLOL...nicely written dialogues and good camaraderie in that scene...again foreshadowing cuz Priya will probably end up being a major part of Ram's decisions soon enough.

The rest was filled with a lot of annoying elements which I forwarded...the Nuts-Kartik scene was puke inducing to the say the least...one glance and I toh forwarded...

Priya's anger about Ram and her taking it out on a magazine and throwing it down was a bit much...Ram toh hyper hai hi...seems like he's rubbing off on Priya also...LOL...she only ever gets THIS flared up when the topic relates to him...

The second Ram-Vikram scene was also cute with Vikram accurately guessing how Ram would ruin things...lol...and on the other end, Priya being attacked by Shipra the terror...PINK anarkali?? LOLL Priya ko pura gift wrap kar diya hai for this meeting...lol

Anyways, there were some genuinely enjoyable moments in the epi but overall I thought it was alright types...I think tomorrow will be better with their meeting...I just don't want these fights to get repetitive now...cuz they aren't exactly hyper teenagers that they can fight over everything all the time...I hope the scenes are well written.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-swati-Chitritashamma92Mru_beePooja_219--SONEE--ssroomaniRaee_Salvatorepsawyer

Mru_bee

IF-Dazzler

Mru_bee

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
I agree it was a decent enough episode,  Vasu ...

Ram-Priya interactions keep my interest. I may be biased, but I love the way the vein in Ram's forehead pops every time .. hehe

The rest.. including the Karthik-Nuts love story seems like a match made for psycho-analysts (NOT Tongue).. and the others are strictly ok.. a reason for me to cook while ignoring them...

agree with Anu, they need to have more conversations apart from the *mota* insinuations..

-- Mru

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ChitritaMayurnASYApbtghoshpsawyer

suwas

IF-Dazzler

suwas

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Liked you analysis. Ram & Priya relationship is great, Like the way it is developing. How they affect each other...even though right now they get on each others nerve.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

Chitrita

Chitrita

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
@psawyer(Vasu?), nureat01(Anu?)...Awesome analysis once again...one more partly enjoyable episode...as you all said the scenes with Shipra and Nuts were OTT...guessing from the precap, i think the meeting ended up with both getting hyper again...

@Mru..Hi..you were in LNMDJ forum right?...i used to love your posts you make while having lunchBig smile

Edited by kishpi - 14 June 2011 at 9:17pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mru_beepsawyer

Nikita99

Goldie

Nikita99

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
another awesome episode. looking forward for the cafe meeting.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.