Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

vasuja

Goldie

vasuja

Posted: 15 June 2011 at 12:22am | IP Logged
thanks suchi...

That was my real stand for such issues...And I believe everyone will do the same irrespective of whomever they support in the serial

But i have decided today that I am gonna have fun in this forum...I am gonna enjoy the story wherever the Cvs take it and appreciate or bash the characters I like or dislike at that moment...PhinallyD'oh I was unnecessarily being too serious, Now I can relax and chill and partyParty

Edited by vasuja - 15 June 2011 at 12:23am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Serial-Addictfiddu-bankit111tiny15Suchi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "cant a person get frustated ? (Page 3)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 15 June 2011 at 12:34am | IP Logged
@ woman11... Wonderful and to the point unbiased post. You said it all perfectly and logical. ClapClapClap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Serial-Addictfiddu-bvasujaankit111Suchi-

fiddu-b

fiddu-b

Posted: 15 June 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by woman11

Tanvismile: I really appreciate you for putting forward an alternative point of view when the general trend in the forum now is more anti-Gauri/Jagat and pro-Anandi. I myself tend to be on Anandi's side most of the times, but that doesn't mean I do not respect a balanced opposite point of view. Having said that let me respond to some of the points you have raised and am trying to see things without bias.

1) You justify that Gauri is perfectly human in feeling hurt. Agreed she is. Anyone would be crushed if put in her situation. But the point here is that she did have a choice in not going through this torture. She should have sensed the hostility of the family right from the beginning and should have left with dignity. It's unwise to argue and provoke the people who are already so angry and hurt. And hence her plight. I don't think the Singh family would have gone after her if she had not provoked them. Why invite the ire of the people when you know they hate you? Why don't you just leave them alone? Wouldn't have it been much more better if Gauri had allowed them time to accept the truth instead of wanting to see radical changes overnight? Time heals all, and Gauri should have acted more wisely. The trouble she is facing is her own choice, and hence the complaint against Gauri.

2) I agree with your point that the family should understand that Jagya loves Gauri and his happiness lies with her. True. But we are talking about real human beings here who need a little more time to ponder over things and rationalize the situation. Jagya and Gauri should give them that time. The family is going through a series of emotions now---shock, disbelief, anger, guilt for child marriage (esp Bhairov and DS)  and immense sympathy for Anandi. It's not easy to rationalize things especially when they think it comes at the cost of their favorite person Anandi. And here is where Anandi's role becomes important. The more she accepts the reality with normalcy, the more she convinces the family that her happiness does not depend on Jagya anymore, the easier it will be for the family to come back to normalcy, and eventually accept Jagya and Gauri. And I guess Anandi is doing precisely that.

3) I don't agree with your point that the family is keeping Anandi only for household works. They share a much much deeper bond with her than see her as a chore performer.

4) I think a lot of Anandi supporters have critiqued Anandi for her flaws too. Nobody is perfect, neither is Anandi. She has been evenly criticized for her naivety/dumbness, her lack of resolute to get back at Jagya, her 'weakness' to try to save the marriage when she clearly saw it falling apart, and at times, just being submissive and not taking a stronger stand. If we agree these are are characteristic flaws we also need to look at why she is the way she is. The fact is a lot, lot many women---who haven't had a chance to be exposed to the world, who come from rural backgrounds and especially intensely dominating patriarchal families--are like her. In such situations the women are socially conditioned to be submissive, to be blindly obedient of the elders, to consider their husbands as superior and to believe in the infallibility of marriage. I believe all of us who are 'enlightened' and claim more confidence about our rights have to credit our own upbringings and social conditioning. Hence people blame it on her background. This is a fact. Do we like it? No. We would love to see things change and see more emancipated women. The point is Anandi's flaws point directly to the larger problems of social and gender conditioning while Gauri's flaws are mostly individual or personal.

5) You mention Anandi is immensely lucky. Absolutely true. It's rare to find such supportive in-laws who would go to the extent of disowning their own son for the sake of their daughter in law. But that's all Anandi has got. She doesn't have economic independence, a competitive education, or most importantly a supportive life partner. No matter how loved she is in the haveli the truth remains that she is still dependent on the family for sustenance and cannot claim economic independence without their support. For Anandi, the support of the Singh family is absolutely necessary while for Gauri it's more a matter of prestige. It is Anandi who should feel more insecure since if she is ever thrown out of the haveli she will not be able to survive on her own.

6) Finally I agree with you that whatever has happened has helped Anandi. Agree absolutely. Anandi needed the wake up call and things have been blessing in disguise. Hope she moves on from here and builds a better life for herself.

We will keep supporting our respective favorites, but as long as we are ready to ponder over the other point of view and rationally analyze it, I guess we can avoid a lot of fights. I appreciate those well balanced good arguments that make this forum so interesting.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Lady, I so really really really love your posts... You are not only UnBiased, but also dont stoop to character bashing, insulting. You understand and analyse each action of each character and comment on it in the most logical and right way. Each and every point of yours is right TO THE T and is exactly what i feel.
Anandi's behaviour is due to her background. So people should stop calling her door mat and such nonsense. People should also stop insulting Gauri. Her expectations too are normal like any other girl but she, like woman11 said, should give time to the Singh Family to accept her. Acceptance of such a big thing as 2nd marriage takes time to accept and move on.

Edited by fiddub - 15 June 2011 at 2:30am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Serial-Addictwoman11sourojankit111Autumn.intruderfast

rgattu

rgattu

Posted: 15 June 2011 at 3:34am | IP Logged
I have a question to ask Gauri...

Up to now it has been about you , your insult, your trauma, your pain etc by Singh family and then betrayal by J

And then it took a night of getting wet in the rain, one fever and love triumphs all ... and J's explanations re child marriage and how J felt about A and so on...

Did you as woman/as a child bride for one second pause and think and ask J about how does A (another woman/child bride) feel about all this? Has J discussed all this with A? When and how did you tell her that you don't love her ...that she is just your 'bachpan ka saathi' and not your 'jeevan saathi'

My gripe against G is as a woman for one sec she didn't pause to think about another woman's plight...

And her frustration is self-inflicted...

pyaar tum karo, doosra bhi tumse pyaar kare ...yeh sharth tum nahi rak sakte hai...agar karne nahi bantha tho chod do...
pyaar milna haq nahi hota hai...

aur agar aap insaan hai aur aapko dard ho rahi hai tho aap ke ye kyon nahi palle padta hai ki aap ek aur aurat ke saamne uss ke pati ke saath ho tho woh saamne waala insaan nahi hai kya...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Serial-Addictfiddu-bsourojbipsankit111Autumn.tiny15

tiny15

IF-Sizzlerz

tiny15

Posted: 15 June 2011 at 5:00am | IP Logged
i agree wid suchi, woman11,rgattu & oders that though G can get frustrated wid J's family members behaviour. but i want 2 ask 1 quesn that wat was she expecting wen she got married 2 an already married prsn!! only her feelings r impt but not of A who was J's wife 4 past so many years!!Dead
 and she got frustrated in just 2 days!!ShockedShockedShocked was she expecting that J's family members & esply DS will welcum her wid open arms & full of pomp & show once she"ll reveal that shes the childhoood"gudiya" who was once chosen by DS 4 J??ConfusedSleepySleepy shes not even a normal human being & watching her hysteria laced epis( wen she reacted so abnormally after seeing bridal clothes earlier) & no.2( wen crying & complaining in DS's room) i m sure she has sum psychological problem  & she still cudn't 4get that happening & took it as -ve thing though she got educn which she so much wanted which was a +ve thing happened 2 her!! and once she got 2 knew J was the same prsn intially she got shocked & may not wanted 2 b wid him but then she might'd thought that now she can degrade A wid her  higher educn level as she was quite hysterical wenever A was mentioned in her parent's house!!DeadDeadSleepySleepy

pixienasrin

Goldie

pixienasrin

Posted: 15 June 2011 at 5:07am | IP Logged

I agree with you and support both anandi and gauri

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fiddu-b

Post Reply New Post

Go to top