Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
So, after the almost skip-worthy eps of last week (mostly), I'm back! LOL Miss me? LOL

I read an article this morning that EK had changed the director of the show because she was not happy with the way the show had begun? Did she read our topics on IF? Whatever the case, the change certainly helped. Today's episode was tooo cute :)

After all that missing each other in the most contrived of ways crap, finally we got to see THE MEETING. And it certainly lived up to our expectations. 

I loved that first stair-climbing scene; poor Ram was huffing after just one step ROFL and Priya teasing him was a nice touch too. I liked that they didn't immediately know who the other was, but interacted in a way that strangers might (never mind the teasing). Ram's idiosyncrasies about his pills and the water were hilarious, though he did finally drink the germ-infested thing. LOL

I liked the whole realisation on both their parts that this was the person they were looking for, albeit for different reasons. It was a total comedy of errors - Shakespeare himself would have been proud. It was, in usual Ekta style, OTT, but all the more hilarious for it. Some of my favourite double meaning dialogues:

Priya - "Aap ke liye woh bachi hogi, humare liye sirf yahaan se wahaan jaane ka zarya hai" ROFLROFL and Ram's face ROFL

"Har ghar main aisi bahut se bachiyan hoti hai...farak sirf yeh hai ke aapki bachi thodi mehengi hai" ROFL

And the icing on the cake was when Priya called Ram fat and he completely lost it ROFL the fact that she had previously been teasing him about it on the stairs was forgotten; but how dare she actually call him fat?! Total dealbreaker ROFL I love that he is sensitive about that, despite all he says. 

Loved Priya's 108 deep breaths to regain calm LOL except she remained forever stuck at 85 LOL

The subsequent Shipra scene was Sleepy as usual...as was the Nuts (that's what I will call her) scene...have you noticed how the actress has this remarkable capability to bulge out her eyes like a cartoon character, on cue no less? Completely freaky...good luck, Karthik. 

What I absolutely LOVED was the Vikram-Ram scene where the misunderstandings were cleared. Ram's face when Vikram told him that Priya was talking about the car accident and not Nuts, and when he put her words into context - he didn't make any dramatic faces, but the subtle nuances of his expressions sold that scene completely. Clap And his confusion made the scene all that more funny LOL

I also loved the precap - they didn't drag the whole fight/misunderstanding/gussa thing out for eons. In fact, they decided to be mature and move on for the sake of their siblings, and the smile on Ram's face when Priya talked about being sensible and mature made me *squeee* - these two have so much chemistry; it's going to be great to see them both swallow some humble pie and learn to get on. 

Ram and Sakshi were fantastic in this episode - completely playing off the other and even though we knew that they were talking about different things, they made it seem as if they could have been talking about the same thing. We always said that Ram and Sakshi would anchor this show and elevate it beyond the usual, and this first meeting proved that. Now EK needs to slowly phase out the annoying extras - the mothers, the useless dad and even Nuts - and focus on Ram-Priya and possibly Vikram too...I want to see more of the stuff we glimpsed in the promos. For the first time since last week, I am looking forward to the next episode with eagerness. 

Edited by psawyer - 13 June 2011 at 4:21pm

The following 57 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*123kamalshantellbrownReeshAxym-evanescence-moonstonepiyushi-Maahii-Magpiemyths_vaz-Swetha-SphallolaliamuaazCrazzmatazzAshima_Mishalshamma92Anusha-Srushti-FebruaryFlowerMru_beeanizorPooja_219springsbbbcccpria4everdivanpigbelly4myfeetfuzzyfacepoetic-Ritz-smartcmaris08Maz.Bingessroomani-Carrie-salsalyChitrathan-Shayari-OodlesDoodlesAutumn.MysticNightskinara17yipee-Faith-chocolover89*Piku*iqbalslover-.Aphrodite.-Kai.avivakirknyctophilia.AngelRockChicGirlMrs. SIRHowlariousAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pehli Mulaqat - A Comedy of Errors: 13 June" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
Awesome post, Vas!

I laughed SO hard in the first half, I was in splitsROFLROFLROFL...THIS is what we'd been waiting for after two weeks of hit and miss...

I loved the little touches in the beginning...nothing OTT...he just asks her if this is the right building and she says yes and turns around...uske baad they're just so casual and NORMAL with each other...

But the real fun ofcourse begins when Priya overhears him talking about his pills on the phone...LOL...and the ensuing taunt session over him carrying the bags...Ram wasn't made out to be a perfect human being...he didn't notice the bags of the old lady and when he did, he did offer to carry them...but I LOVED that refreshing touch of him asking Priya to carry one bag saying, "Umar inki ho gayi hai...AAPKI nahin"LOL...oh but before that I loved the exchange where she goes, "You're the man so carry the bags" and he goes, "I'm the man, not SUPERMAN!"ROFLROFL ...and then ofcourse the entire trek up the stairs and Priya's not so subtle taunts about his weight and connecting it to DINOSAURS of all thingsROFLROFLROFL

They actually had a very cute si camaraderie going despite her poking fun at him...he was taking it generally good-naturedly even when she made fun of his OTT sniffing at the waterROFL...awww they were adorable!

But ofcourse the real fireworks began in the epic fight of misunderstandings...the way they both just EXPLODED on each other...especially Priya cuz she had all the frustration from the harassment built up inside her...LOL this was executed superbly! Ram-Sakshi really did play off each other so well and the whole misunderstanding building up with Ram sputtering in anger thinking that she called his oh so precious choti a CHEEZ...haha...and ofcourse THE most howlarious moment when Priya says it's good the lift didn't work or it would have gone UNDERGROUND under his bojhROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL...Sakshi was awesome in this scene!

I also loved that they resolved the misunderstandings within this epi...glad that Vikram clarified everything to Ram and he finally started to put the pieces together as well.

Precap is such a contrast...LOL...they are finally speaking as mature grown-ups...even if it is due to forced circumstances...but I liked the dialogues. Looking forward to their next meeting :-)

The only W*F and annoying bits in this epi were obviously those of the psycho NUTS and then the round of footage wasted on Shipra in the last scene...

Oh and I also loved Priya's little countdown attempt to calm herself down...haha...

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*-evanescence-myths_vazshamma92Pooja_219Mru_beeanizorMaz.ssroomani-Ritz-pigbelly4myfeetsmartcMysticNightsAutumn.yipeeiqbalslover-Faith-chocolover89nyctophiliapsawyerMrs. SIR

MysticNights

IF-Veteran Member

MysticNights

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
the epi was so worth it ROFL mast lines the and the acting was natural and not OTT...

thumbs up... kya beechari underground parking lot ROFL and the superman...ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL bachi...LOL vs car... ROFL

Edited by -Avz- - 13 June 2011 at 5:41pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92anizorsmartcpigbelly4myfeetAutumn.*Piku*iqbalsloverpsawyerMrs. SIRAreYaar

smartc

IF-Rockerz

smartc

BhagyaVidhata Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
Awesome post there @ Vasu but then again, I don't expect any short of it from ya *hugs*

I am a silent lurker here for the most part but honestly, its Ram and Sakshi who just made me fall in love with the show. Two talented bunch of actors who are performing it like its supposed to be.. I loved the first meeting, the silly but infectious banter, the lovely chemistry so as to speak.. I just can't wait for more :))

Can't wait for more..Ciao ~

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92anizorpigbelly4myfeetAutumn.avivakirkiqbalslover-Faith-psawyerMrs. SIRAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Just watching that scene again...there were SO many hilarious lines...

The bit where Priya tells Ram that she recognized him cuz of his driver and he gets all shocked and looks at his driver and goes..."wait a minute...how do you know my DRIVER?!"..."Tum...tum mere LOGON par nazar rakh rahi ho?"

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Ram is so HILARIOUSLY paranoid, man!ROFL

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92Mru_beeanizorsmartcpigbelly4myfeetAutumn.kinara17iqbalslover-Faith-avivakirkpsawyerMrs. SIR

Mrs. SIR

IF-Stunnerz

Mrs. SIR

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
when i thought of their first meeting, i wasn't expecting this.. this was TOO GOOD!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLthey both rocked it, it was hilariousss.. cute.. ClapClapClap i can't wait for their tomorrow's meet.. 

but today was FANTABULOUS.. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92anizorsmartcAutumn.iqbalsloverkinara17avivakirkpsawyer

maris08

IF-Rockerz

maris08

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Vasu excellent post.
Indeed it was a comedy of errors, case of mistaken identities , regarding the ubiqutous cheez.
Actually this confrontation was good,  as the first spell of fire and heat will get dissipated and once things settle down, they will act more maturely. I compare this meeting to the onset of the monsoon, which starts with a bang raining heavily without a pass and once it get setteled then its the best time ever for enjoyment.

The best part was the dialogues, the play of word Cheez and the interplay of emotions between Ram and Priya.

BTW indeed Ram not only waddles like an elephant but sometimes even wobbles like a dinasour.(no offence to the actor plz). So just waiting for Priya to implement a strict diet regimen and induct him into the gym class.

All in all it was hilarious and heart warming to see this episode.
BTW boy am ever glad there was no trip and catch of Ram!! Imagine if that happened we have to dig out Priya and blow air into her to reshape her!!!! WinkTongueLOL.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

-evanescence-shamma92Pooja_219smartcpoetic-Ritz-Bingessroomani-Carrie-avivakirkiqbalsloverpsawyer

avivakirk

IF-Sizzlerz

Banned Upon Request

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smartc

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.