Disliking the Mothers on the show

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Just watched Thursday's epi today.

I felt so bad for Priya 😭 her mum showing her details of a prospective husband whose a widower with a child and how her mum said whose going to ask you to marry him? 😡

Priya is an educated 33yr old woman, teacher by profession and is beautiful.  I understand that in Asian societies girls marry as soon as they finish studies or at a marriageable age, but times have changed and girls marry later due to further studies and their professions.  I'm from UK and I know quite of a few asian girls living and working in London who are in their early 30s and are still not married, is this not so in India?

The way the mother goes on about it "its this guy or know one else, your not good enough" 😡 how bad Priya must have felt worthless There are ways to go about these delicate situations but Priya's mum she is just not worthy to have been blessed with a daughter like Priya.  She talks but never thinks about Priya and her feelings, shes more worried about dressing her youngest daughter up like a Barbie Doll I feel Priya should wait and is right to wait and not hastily marry any person, everything happens with time, its better to wait for that person who is supposed to come into your life and if you feel that that person is not coming into your life then if your happy make compromises and marry but only marry if your happy not because you're forced into an unhappy marriage because of what people are thinking, those marriages never last.

Just wanted to say I dislike Priya's mum! the woman is a 🤡

Ram's Mother

Where is she? I wonder what happened to her?  Was Ram's mother dead in the flashback or alive?  Ram's father told him on his deathbed that he has a second wife and children and to look after them when hes gone? What about his biological Mother, did he turn his back on her to look after the illegitimate family of his father?  I'm interested to know, Ram was not hurt the fact his father lied to him and his mother about his secret family and Ram willingly agreed to raise that family himself and not question his dad, had it been me, I would have felt betrayed 🥺   If Ram's real mother is alive, I wonder what happened, shes not living with her son and if she is alive, when she will appear in the show?

I have to say I basically dislike the Mothers in the show. 

dont agree completely about priyas mum.. she isnt eviel is just here character... nothing bad... but rams mum def Vicious Edited by baisa - 12 years ago
Priya's mom isn't evil per se. I think she just under estimates her daughter because she isn't like the younger one.

Ram's mom, I am assuming she left Ram after the death of his dad, because he bought in his step mom and step siblings. OR she could've passed away from a heart attack or something because she couldn't bare the news.

Who knows...!

Ram's real Mom must have been a wonderful mother. She didn't poison her son's mind against his father.  His upbringing shows he was raised right unlike the stepmom and her kids.
 Priya's Mom on the other hand is plain silly who still thinks she is Miss Bhuvaneswar and she's trying to live her dream life through Ayesha.  She doesn't have the brains to fathom the pearl she has in Priya but she's putting all her eggs in selfish Ayesha's basket.
Edited by avivakirk - 12 years ago
I just want the Team of BALH to know that the two mothers  are seriously not needed and are just there wasting times and screen space.
I also hate nature of her monther . She is greedy and mindless can do anything for getting money. Sometimes seeing her much in eps it feels as ds show is based on priya mother .