VideoMix
VideoMix

India-Forums

Multifandom Vidding Contest 2011 - CLOSED (Page 7)

Anhdara13 IF-Rockerz
Anhdara13
Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 17 June 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged
just to check - the minimum length for the video is 2 minutes right?

and can we use dialogue as well as music to give the story more emphasis? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faith

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 17 June 2011 at 2:54am | IP Logged
The video can be between 2-2:10 minutes. It cannot be longer than that. 

And yes, you can use text/voiceovers/different movie clips/textures - anything that helps you express yourself. 

P.S - To all people who have made it but not uploaded it yet, please try to chop it down to the permissible time limit. Like fatima said, we do not want to lose out on good videos.

Edited by heroin. - 17 June 2011 at 2:56am

a little faith

a little faith Goldie
a little faith
a little faith

Posted: 17 June 2011 at 4:51am | IP Logged
^^

Not that I flatter myself you are speaking about my entry, more likely Lana's for it is OUTSTANDING.

I completely agree with you in terms of remaining fair to all participants, and as you did stipulate the time from the beginning of the contest, I too would insist upon sticking to the maximum 2:10 minute rule.

HOWEVER, in regards of simply cutting down vms I must mention that it is not as easy as you suggest.  Most vms are not simply a montage of clips to a good song but a careful orchestration to the undulations, beats and lyrics to a piece of music.  Sure a piece may only need 20 or 30 seconds of trimming BUT from where? Without destroying its essence, which is to create, incite emotions within others souls!

I am not complaining, as I said the error in on my part
AND this post probably says more about my ineptness in making vms, but I just wanted to make a point and beg that next time if you wouldn't mind keeping the maximum length at 2:30 to 3:00 for amateurs like me.  Although you are free to ignore this request for I doubt any of my efforts would qualify as entries. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed story-boarding my vm and I love journeys for themselves regardless of the end destinations.

Once again, feel free to ignore my silliness, AND thank you for this wonderful contest.  Lana's Vm has been worth it already, even if it does not make it into the final, but I hope it does and I am sure she is more capable than I.  As I said I am more about the journeys.

With much love, Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 17 June 2011 at 4:53am

Salyanka

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 17 June 2011 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by a little faith

^^

Not that I flatter myself you are speaking about my entry, more likely Lana's for it is OUTSTANDING.

I completely agree with you in terms of remaining fair to all participants, and as you did stipulate the time from the beginning of the contest, I too would insist upon sticking to the maximum 2:10 minute rule.

HOWEVER, in regards of simply cutting down vms I must mention that it is not as easy as you suggest.  Most vms are not simply a montage of clips to a good song but a careful orchestration to the undulations, beats and lyrics to a piece of music.  Sure a piece may only need 20 or 30 seconds of trimming BUT from where? Without destroying its essence, which is to create, incite emotions within others souls!

I am not complaining, as I said the error in on my part
AND this post probably says more about my ineptness in making vms, but I just wanted to make a point and beg that next time if you wouldn't mind keeping the maximum length at 2:30 to 3:00 for amateurs like me.  Although you are free to ignore this request for I doubt any of my efforts would qualify as entries. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed story-boarding my vm and I love journeys for themselves regardless of the end destinations.

Once again, feel free to ignore my silliness, AND thank you for this wonderful contest.  Lana's Vm has been worth it already, even if it does not make it into the final, but I hope it does and I am sure she is more capable than I.  As I said I am more about the journeys.

With much love, Sabah

I understand what you're trying to say, I'm a vidder myself and more often than not find it hard to chop down a vid by 3-4 seconds, leave alone 10 seconds. But I said that because I didn't want to lose out on some amazing talent. You can also try to make another vid if you think it's not possible for you to shorten a vid, There's still plenty of time Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faithhinal_maaneet

a little faith Goldie
a little faith
a little faith

Posted: 17 June 2011 at 5:31am | IP Logged
^^
I am glad you understand. It makes me feel less strange.  Embarrassed

Actually, I really like the storyboard that I came up with, so I am going to try to work on that.  As I said, it is about the journey and I am loving this one. Big smile So heartfelt thanks for this contest which has become my inspiration. 

I will gladly participate as a spectator!  In end my piece wouldn't be missed AND I say this without any affectation of modesty. It is truth!

God bless you for your hard efforts in this contest and best wishes to all the artists and masters of this art who enter.  Looking forward to watching your beautiful pieces.  With much love Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 17 June 2011 at 5:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-PooPerfangel5655

Salyanka IF-Stunnerz
Salyanka
Salyanka

Posted: 17 June 2011 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
damn i cant make it 2-2.10 mins  
my untill now is 2.30
when its 2.30 mins.. its easier to chorp the song and make it smaller

Originally posted by heroin.

The video can be between 2-2:10 minutes. It cannot be longer than that. 

And yes, you can use text/voiceovers/different movie clips/textures - anything that helps you express yourself. 

P.S - To all people who have made it but not uploaded it yet, please try to chop it down to the permissible time limit. Like fatima said, we do not want to lose out on good videos.

Edited by Sallufanno1 - 17 June 2011 at 2:34pm
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 2:27am | IP Logged
^I got your entry. thanks :)
Salyanka IF-Stunnerz
Salyanka
Salyanka

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 6:45am | IP Logged
but there is a problem..

the saved file on my computer shows 2.10 mins