CATERINA Lopez - I'll be tough COMPETITION for Kat

Posted: 12 years ago
Caterina Lopez, the latest Bollywood import, is visibly psyched about her item number in the upcoming film Bhindi Bazaar Inc, which releases next week.

The sexy Latina, who also happens to be Jennifer Lopez's cousin, talks to us about her Bollywood journey so far.

Tell us about the item number that you have performed in the film.

I am playing a bar girl and it's a very sexy item number. The song has got a very western look. I had a lot of fun shooting for the song, as it was something new for me. The song is very catchy and I guess a lot of people are really going to like it.

Caterina Lopez

You shot for 16 hours at a stretch for the song.

Yes, it was quite an experience for me. In India, you have so many people on the sets, you have to assume that nobody is present and keep continuing to give your shots.

Were you uncomfortable at any point of time?

It was a little uncomfortable but we have to pretend that nobody is there and stick to your character.

Caterina Lopez

There are a lot of foreign actresses who are trying to make their mark in Bollywood. What sets you apart from the rest?

I just think I am very dedicated and very ambitious. I am looking to stay here for a long time and hopefully would give a tough competition to Katrina Kaif (laughs) but I am not interested in Salman Khan.

Is Katrina Kaif a benchmark for you?

She is just a good example. In spite of not knowing anyone, she has made it big in Bollywood. I am not saying she is the best actress but she needs to be credited for what she has achieved.

Have you seen any of her movies?

No. Do I need to watch her movies (Laughs)?

Caterina Lopez

You are learning to speak Hindi.

Yes, I am on a mission to learn to speak Hindi. I go for Hindi classes for two hours everyday and it is going to take sometime before I can speak it fluently.

How did you lip sync for the song?

I would write down the way I would speak it in my accent and I had to go through each line and pronounce it correctly. I had a teacher who would help me to do it. It was difficult.

Caterina Lopez

Have you been to Bhendi Bazaar, in South Mumbai?

No, not yet. I want to visit it.

There are a lot of projects that I have been offered but right now I just want to see how people react to the song and then I will take the decision.

Which are your favourite Hindi songs?

I like Salman Khan's Dhinka Chika. I also love Sheila Ki Jawani and Munni Badnaam Hui.

Were there any embarrassing moments on the sets?

I was shooting for the song with Prashant Narayanan and in one of the sequences, they had to show me taking off my bra and also figure out a way to do it so that Prashant wouldn't get a peak of that area.

Caterina Lopez

Source: Rediff.com

😲😲😲
Edited by goneforever - 12 years ago
"but I am not interested in Salman Khan."!!! Bahaha!!
Oh no she didn't! Lmao!🤣
🤣
another one to compete with straight face!

s Katrina Kaif a benchmark for you?

She is just a good example. In spite of not knowing anyone, she has made it big in Bollywood.I am not saying she is the best actress but she needs to be credited for what she has achieved.

Have you seen any of her movies?

No. Do I need to watch her movies (Laughs)?

LOL shez jokes.. don't know if she is actually snubbing Katrina or just being innocent..

nevertheless I hope she has right links and strength to stick around and make it big as Katrina did.. 

and yea that photoshoot.. is just  OTT😳

Edited by sheenu32 - 12 years ago
Those pics look very promising, can't wait to see more of her in films we need her asap
At least she is more feminine than Sofia Hayat!  🤣

First it was Claudia Ciesla then that Hayat girl and now this one. Everybody wants to be the next Katrina but alas! none have her humility.

A little PR groundwork on Salman and they are "ready to take on bollywood". Oh, pishtosh!🤪

Originally posted by TheDilettante

First it was Claudia Ciesla then that Hayat girl and now this one. Everybody wants to be the next Katrina but alas! none have her humility.

A little PR groundwork on Salman and they are "ready to take on bollywood". Oh, pishtosh!🤪

kat and humility? lol

whatever

okay claudia ciesla will never have a chance...it's just impossible she is tooo firangi however this big thin liar (cousin of jlo give me a break) might...if only she starts dating salman.
Aww its cute how these *cough cough* want to be the next Katrina Kaif...only in your dreams girls :P
Originally posted by KatForeva

Aww its cute how these *cough cough* want to be the next Katrina Kaif...only in your dreams girls :P

At least Kat won't do the revealing and tasteless pictures which Caterina Lopez and Sofia Hayat have done!  Kat does indeed have class.  😃