Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 11:39am | IP Logged
1. Misunderstandings: I hope they clear them up sensibly. 

2. Ram and Priya's marriage: HOW are they going to bring this about? I hope not by using the most ghisa-pita method of "samjhauta"...oh how i hate that word
Esp. given the comfort level of the couple in the promos...I am HOPING (against hope?) that they come up with a reasonable situation. That Priya doesn't compromise on her principles to marry Ram...but they show that their decision is mutual, based on understanding, trust and most of all hope...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SphallolaliaFebruaryFlower

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hopes/Fears" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
LOL I guess you haven't read the show synopsis.

Ram and Priya's marriage will be a marriage of compromise only...they will be forced to get married cuz of the condition put forth by Priya's mom in order to get her "middle aged" daughter married at last as well.

The promos have only shown the comfort level developing after marriage...they didn't give any indication of how or why the marriage will happen.

At one point, I had hoped that they would show a regular relationship developing and RP moving into the marriage willingly but seems like it will be the basic K soap formula of a marriage of compromise to start with and then their relationship changing from there.

*Edit: Sorry it's Kartik who keeps the condition of Priya getting married first and Ram's mom decides that Priya should marry Ram...and then Priya is pressured into it by her own mom too...here's that bit from the synopsis:

Neither Ram nor Priya ever thought that they could get married eventually until that moment when destiny bumps them into each other through a minor car accident which hurts their egos more than their vehicles.. and then after a series of miscommunications and misunderstanding they soon realize that their siblings are in love with each other .. raam s crazy sister "nutz" and priya s idealistic brother "kartik" are in love . nutz wants to marry kartik and raam has no option but to ask for kartik s hand from priya '. He believes that priya s family is gold digger and priya believes that I will have to entertain this rich man only till my brother gets married .. although slowly they start seeing real sides of each other .. a certain respect builds up .. and another twist comes in the story as kartik declares he will not marry till his sister priya is married and settled ..

Raam takes responsibility of getting priya married ..but raam s step mother , with her personal motives , comes with an idea that raam only should get married to priya .. step mother's intentions are simple and clear that wherever her daughter will go, the daughter of that house will come here just to ensure that her daughter is safe and secured. ..also if any rich girl will get married to ram , she will dominate ram and niharika, the step mother is not willing to let go her hold on ram s life .. ram is told to get married to priya

raam is reluctant .. but rest of the world forces him to be ready and he loves his sister so much that he has no option but to say yes .. on the other hand , priya decides to go ahead with this marriage due to peer pressure from her glamour crazy mother ,shipra ..

Edited by nureat01 - 10 June 2011 at 1:23pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorFebruaryFlowerMithuu

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
well I'm glad I didn't read that synopsis!!! I would never have started watching the show.
Now I'm kind of hooked...

We'll see, my record with Hindi soaps is poor...i usually get bored in a couple of weeks. Kind of hoping it doesn;t happen with this one...its so promising!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
LOL I was aware of the synopsis before the show began but I still wanted to watch cuz of Ram-Sakshi and the song...and even now they make me watch more than anything else...there's going to be a lot of melodrama unavoidably but I hope the RP relationship is well evolved...the show does have promise on that front.

I guess you won't get bored with the show before they get married and that will likely take a month atleast.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92anizornarangi314FebruaryFlower

Mithuu

IF-Rockerz

Mithuu

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
I loved all the ideas and hope Ekta  acutally has some spies and they take some clues from all the above posts.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anizornarangi314FebruaryFlower

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL I was aware of the synopsis before the show began but I still wanted to watch cuz of Ram-Sakshi and the song...and even now they make me watch more than anything else...there's going to be a lot of melodrama unavoidably but I hope the RP relationship is well evolved...the show does have promise on that front.

I guess you won't get bored with the show before they get married and that will likely take a month atleast.

Actually i'll probably be bored of they make this misunderstanding melodrama and sacrifice for brother/sister thing happen...I'll see how it goes for the next few weeks and if it looks like the synopsis is true, I will stop watching till after the marriage happens and they begin to behave like they do in the promos...I like happy shows with normal people who behave like normal and decent human beings...

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi_77

Originally posted by nureat01

Actually i'll probably be bored of they make this misunderstanding melodrama and sacrifice for brother/sister thing happen...I'll see how it goes for the next few weeks and if it looks like the synopsis is true, I will stop watching till after the marriage happens and they begin to behave like they do in the promos...I like happy shows with normal people who behave like normal and decent human beings...

LOL...ok they can't INSTANTLY start behaving the way they do in the promos...the promos show the EVOLUTION of their relationship...it's not going to happen OVERNIGHT after the marriage...and life is not so simple as to only be filled with happy pplConfusedLOLLOL...

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
that's not what i meant...I am sure it will take them a while to get to where the promos are given the rather artificial situation described in the synopsis...& thats when i'll watch...
I also don;t thik life is simple...that's just silly...this is television! 

Edited by narangi_77 - 10 June 2011 at 2:25pm

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.