9th June - You have no rights over me (Kes-Gul)

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Firstly sorry as its late, was busy today - so only saw the episode now

WOW - what an episode, esp the Kes-Gul scenes - fantastic acting by Neil and Manasi as always

I am probably gonna say abit (coz i got to head off soon)

Its a lot to take in, what just happened, coz it was a rollarcoaster, one after the other - edge of the seat to take everything in and see and feel and understand it (probably need to watch the episode again to understand and feel it more, you always do the second time around)...  emotions flying out, hurt, anger, pain - accusations, rights, truth, understanding each pov  

Its very hard to say much on a episode thats jam-packed with so much as i mentioned above - we can say he is wrong she is wrong, but really are either wrong or right... Kes-Gul are two ppl i find you can understand both their pov's, both their emotions due to situations and assumptions they see and what they come up with...  so i will kinda analyse this episode as best as i can

I felt Gulaal was wrong and somewhat harsh as well,  today in how she came across in the sense esp if i see it from Kesar's pov - coz the questions he asked, he did deserves answers to coz he asked the main question D killed Vasant - why did you hide it, and this is big thing - not a small matter, in that sense he has every right to know, but i can also see why Gulaal to some extent tells him that she doesnt have to clarify anything to him in the sense, she feels she has clarified it to Vasant and as she said he has only the rights on her

That killed Kesar, when she replied he has no rights on her... all this time Kesar felt he had that certain right on her but she even killed that for him (the yearning and longing for that exclusiveness and importance),  to him it kinda just told him that she no longer holds him any value at all

I think in a way Gulaal wanted to get across and tell him he has no rights on her esp the rights that only Vasant had and has on her, and really what sort of rights is he talking about...
he has no right to ask the questions in the manner he is asking her and somewhat accusing her, and grabbing and being harsh, all this comes from having rights and so on, not only that i also find Gulaal has guilt that Kesar has feelings for her has developed for her which also stems his rights over her as well, also you could see it when he said he wants to meet her and talk to her, and even when she came, the look on her face when he said its about you and its about me until he said about the family... not only that she even mentioned she doesnt fully knows what he thinks of her or what feelings he has

Even though Gulaal replied so harshly to him, probably also due to him accusing her something going on with D earlier (and what the hell is gotten into Kesar and so much bitterness and so on and does he even realise what he is saying and doing), and she felt like how can you not know me, how can you think like that about me - if you see Gulaal clarified in a way to Kesar about D that dont accuse me of this and how can you have this kind of doubt on me... , but D killing Vasant - she kinda dismissed it and feels she has answered the one person who she thinks has the right to what she did - Vasant. And also for her she did say that what she did was for this family and the well-being for them - she knows and why she did, and Kesar asks the question that most ppl would ask, how can it be for the wellbeing of the family, this huge and the worse crime ever...  Gulaal knows this but for the family and the promises she gave has kept her going to this day. And also like she said if you have no trust in me then what is the point of these questions and so on 

Seems like Gulaal has got to a point with Kesar, that she just doesnt recognise him, and dont know him, helpless in knowing him and what he does - that he has such bitterness in him, and so much negativity and things he keeps doing and so on, and how he comes across to her, no wonder the RIGHTS convo came up. 

Neil was fantastic, and it was heartbreaking when he said You didnt tell your Kesar - he has to emphasis it twice

Today Kes-Gul cut each other off with their words and the words RIGHTS on each other and a certain barrier between them even more now, but deep down can they really cut of that inner-connection that they feel they have rights on each other and that what one does makes a difference to them

Something has always been there and something will always be there, even though today it reached a point, the main thing in Kesar-Gulaal relation was that they both had rights over each other, they just felt it and had it, and now today we saw them cutting that off, but deep down its still there

I wont be surprised if Kesar now purposely every now and again demeans Gulaal in what she does and things for him (thats if she does), like telling her she has no rights and so on

I am waiting to see whether Gulaal will ever get to know that Kesar ha slived with this for over 10 years, its eaten him up, its not like he just found out about (i think thats what she thinks, that he has only now found out) and how much pain, hurt and sadness he has suppressed, those letters are the key to his heart and soul...

PRECAP - Kesar telling MB that he will marry Talli, and Gulaal shocked looking on, and the way Kesar was looking, he was calm and so on, like he has something going on, no anger no pain in his eyes

I said before that Kesar will declare to marry Talli himselt, without Gulaal forcing him to, this decision he has taken was by himself which also has Gulaal included in it, and targeted at, is obviously a wrong step but we can also see why he has taken this step also
and even Gulaal knows that Kesar has probably taken this decision out of anger and impulsiveness.  Kesar seeems determined today in wanting the whole family to know and punishing D, so yeah i can see Vengeance in him now, his way to go about it is the marriage but really what is his plan despite doing the marriage

This quote to sum up Kes-Gul, you hurt the person you care about in that moment but you only realise it afterwards how much it must of hurt you and hurted them
"Do you know how sometimes - when you are riding your bike and you start skidding across sand, or when you miss a step and start tumbling down the stairs - you have those long, long seconds to know that you are going to be hurt, and badly?"
' Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Fantastic Epi na Lennie...both actors excelleed..excellent photography..wonderful dialogues..and mega build up for the maha episode..now that everything is out in the open..Talli secret, Dushy secret...we have no secrets between the Kes gul...Just the thing that is most imp..their eternal story...which is yet to be unfolded..and am sure Kesuda is going to make sure that happens...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
mrs.hughjackman thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
finally๐Ÿ˜†
 i thought u were this upset( like most of us here) that u didn't even post ur analysis
lisasandra thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

thanks for nice update .I am agree that today's episode was too good .

But after today's episode i feel that soon we will see talli and kesar marriage .because gulaal needs someone who will open her eyes .I can depands on talli but she is too in with kesar marryiage and she thinks only kesar and definitly she has no brain  .So no hope for me regarding G-K re-union.Show will end up with mahan gulaal's sacrifice and love on vashant.
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
It was a horribly amazing episode...if that makes sense! Great acting, fantastic dialogues and brilliant direction too. 

Maaan...how much does she hurt him? You can feel that pain in Kesar's heart. Gulaal belonged to Kesar :( Yet here she says he has no right over her. BIG FAT OUCH! In a way, I can understand why she said that. It was as if she was saying 'whatever feelings you have for me...you can't have them !'Only Vasant could feel that way about her. She was kind of making her stance clear. 

Gulaal ignoring Kesar hurts him the most and you can just imagine how he must be feeling shouting at the top of his voice trying to get some attention from the woman who is relentlessly walking away. The dialogue that broke my heart (especially the way he said it) was 'Agar mera tujhpe koi haq nahin hai na, toh aaj ke baad tera bhi mujhpe koi haq nahin'. He would try any threat to try and get her to look back at him, just once!

It's a really painful love story :(
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
Anjalg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great analysis Lennie!

I had to watch a couple of Tom & Jerry cartoons right after the episode just so that I could get out of that hopeless mood.๐Ÿฅบ  The episode was full of so much hurt and pent up anger and then the feeling that something big and bad is looming ahead. Since Kesar's return, we have been waiting for this confrontation just so that the air gets cleared and Kes and Gul move on to the beginning of their love story but the confrontation led to more wounds opening up!

I can't take either Kesar or Gulaal's side because each of them has gone through so much. Kesar has lived with these doubts, fears and anger for so long. His suspicions are so deep rooted that even if Gulaal had given him the truth...I don't think he would have believed it. Both of them had their swords drawn and they used their words to hurt each other. Kesar has every right to know but he did cross his limits when he accused Gulaal of wanting to marry him off to Talli so she could have her way clear for Dushyant...that was not only an insult to Gulaal but to Vasant's memory as well. Gulaal lashed back by telling Kesar that he did not have any rights on her...none at all! Gulaal asked Kesar to have faith in her and Kesar replied that he did not trust her...๐Ÿ˜ญ

So the news was right...Kesar will agree to marry Talli out of revenge! Decisions made in anger lead to no good. And so we are back to square one again...no questions were answered and the hatred was not quelled...now we just wait for a miracle...Gulaal: please read his letters, Kesar: please read her diary...AND Talli (since she is very much in the picture now): start shopping for your potential wedding!!
Edited by Anjalg - 12 years ago
xaviara thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anjalg

Great analysis Lennie!

I had to watch a couple of Tom & Jerry cartoons right after the episode just so that I could get out of that hopeless mood.๐Ÿฅบ  The episode was full of so much hurt and pent up anger and then the feeling that something big and bad is looming ahead. Since Kesar's return, we have been waiting for this confrontation just so that the air gets cleared and Kes and Gul move on to the beginning of their love story but the confrontation led to more wounds opening up!

I can't take either Kesar or Gulaal's side because each of them has gone through so much. Kesar has lived with these doubts, fears and anger for so long. His suspicions are so deep rooted that even if Gulaal had given him the truth...I don't think he would have believed it. Both of them had their swords drawn and they used their words to hurt each other. Kesar has every right to know but he did cross his limits when he accused Gulaal of wanting to marry him off to Talli so she could have her way clear for Dushyant...that was not only an insult to Gulaal but to Vasant's memory as well. Gulaal lashed back by telling Kesar that he did not have any rights on her...none at all! Gulaal asked Kesar to have faith in her and Kesar replied that he did not trust her...๐Ÿ˜ญ

So the news was right...Kesar will agree to marry Talli out of revenge! Decisions made in anger lead to no good. And so we are back to square one again...no questions were answered and the hatred was not quelled...now we just wait for a miracle...Gulaal: please read his letters, Kesar: please read her diary...AND Talli (since she is very much in the picture now): start shopping for your potential wedding!!

I agree with you completely, because like you I can't take any sides either, because my heart ached for both of them tonight.

What I feel is that this long awaited confrontation between Kesar-Gulaal happened for all the wrong reasons and at a very wrong time, because Kesar asked questions from Gulaal in the manner of a guy who is in love with her, and not as Vasant's younger brother, and that is why Gulaal had to be harsh with him, to let him know that he has no right to as her questions, because that right only belonged to Vasant. If Kesar's feelings and the meaning of his questions were that of Vasant's younger brother, Gulaal would have answered him, because she would have had faith that Kesar will believe her truth.

In Kesar's case his love for Gulaal at this moment is far more then his quest for the truth as to why Gulaal hid the truth of Vasant's murder from everyone in the family, that is why he lashed out and accussed her about having relations with Dushyant. That is why instead of telling everyone about Dushyant killing his Vasant Bha and Gulaal hiding the truth, he instead decided to marry Talli to prove a point.

@ Lennie : Beautiful post like always !! Am a huge fan ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by xaviara - 12 years ago
starasdf thumbnail
It was an excellent episode. Both Kesar and Gulaal were amazing. And ofcourse Manasi and Neil portrayed the characters excellently.

Kesar, I don't know what he seems to be more upset about. The fact that Dushant loved Gulaal or He killed Vasant.

I think to him the perfect option is to get rid of Dushant. If Gulaal sends him to jail, it will prove Gulaal has no feelings for him and his brother's murderer is in jail. 

So getting rid of Dushant is the perfect solution to him right now.

When he says you hid it from me, from your Kesar and If i dont have any rights over you, you dont have any rights over me. Those where dialogues of todays episode.

Clearly he has an imagine in his head that he will listen to Gulaal and Gulaal does what he wants. Just the two of them and no one else. But Gulaal ripped that image up in todays episode.

I dont think anyone of them is completely right or wrong. Both have thier reasons and both are crossing thier limits.  

Starโญ๏ธ
Lennie thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Srushti-

Fantastic Epi na Lennie...both actors excelleed..excellent photography..wonderful dialogues..and mega build up for the maha episode..now that everything is out in the open..Talli secret, Dushy secret...we have no secrets between the Kes gul...Just the thing that is most imp..their eternal story...which is yet to be unfolded..and am sure Kesuda is going to make sure that happens...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yep fantastic episode dialogues are the key to this show

Secrets how can i forget - there seems to be no secrets anymore except hidden agenda in the case Kesar

Kesar accepting this marriage only to create some havoc i suspect - he has accepted this on his own accord and his own reasons i dont see him looking out for any other person at all, all it is about himself - this is a very wrong step by him.

Alot of depth in the decisions that Gulaal made and has done and Kesar living how he has done for last 10 yrs - has got to come and for both to understand 
Lennie thumbnail
Originally posted by: mrs.hughjackman

finally๐Ÿ˜†

i thought u were this upset( like most of us here) that u didn't even post ur analysis

Nah, i am not upset, i dont really get that wounded up lol 

I was late coz seeing as one of my family relative past away last friday, it was our turn to take food over, so i was with my other family preparing that, cant believe we made over 300 roti's - i was knacked and then as i said in my post i have to head off soon, thats where we were going, to pay respect and eat there

๐Ÿ˜Š