Neil's expressive best: Kesar-Gulaal Confrontation

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Today's episode was phenomenal. Neil, It's just become impossible to keep up with you. Our few words of appreciation is nothing in comparison of your performance. It always was and is.

Before I start, the conclusion from today's episode:

Both Kesar and Gulaal are double-edged swords cutting at and hurting each other either which way by words or their actions.

KESAR AT HOME

Kesar sat there defeated with such hatred in his eyes as he was going over the information he had from Raman.

That was a real cold and impassive look for Talli with a silent undercurrent between them having learnt about the thoughts they have for each other.

In spite of the anger, he can respond with an affirmation To Gulaal that Talli came home.

He was firm in having a talk with Gulaal. Loved the dialogue  "It's already quite late". She mentioned the time; he mentioned the delay in sorting things.

Kesar sat near the bonfire, his problems burning from within. Cinematography is commendable with the redness of the burning fire as well as the close up of his red eyes out of his raging fury.

KESAR WITH GULAAL

Kesar never remained at home I think. He has built a bonfire around the lake which has extinguished by morning. The burning smoke was analogous to his state of mind. Admired the cinematography here too, the vastness of nature with greenery of trees, the barren land intersperse with rocks, the noise of the flowing water where Kesar stood all alone as though in an eternal wait for Gulaal. The impatience showed the way he asked why she took so long. Loved the dialogue here saying "Where is the delay, but you have turned up early". What Gulaal doesn't understand is that Kesar is impatient to clear his confusion that he has nurtured within him for the past ten years. He has the right to ask about the delay.

He was straight to the point about the questions in his mind. Gulaal is out of her mind I think that she mentions Talli. That was a natural and perfect reaction of Kesar about his irritation that she is bringing up irrelevant issues when major issues are haunting him about him, about her(about Kesar and Gulaal together).

He was direct to ask about what she hid from family about Dushyant. She started pretending unawareness, but he insisted. She was about to retire immediately but today Kesar was determined without a faltering moment to let her avoid or escape his questions. By avoiding and pretending she brought it on herself to hear such blatant truth through him. That came as a shocker for her and left her speechless. Kesar did not waiver his thoughts; he spoke with such confidence but was determined to hear it from her. The way he said " Bata na Gulaal, Mei jaan na chahta hoon" was clearly showing his claim over the right to know about incidents leading to his brother's death.

Kesar was concerned about the changed equations that made Gulaal support Dushyant whom she had opposed before. He was adamant when she started to walk away; he was stubborn and resolute to get an answer. He declared in helplessness that these questions have been haunting him to the extent that he is not able to live.

When she asked is he having such hatred filled within him just because he is not able to find answers. Kesar reacted with a look away because it has not been so simple (as she sounded) to carry the burden of knowing the truth. Her "ghar ki bhalai" as an answer irked him and he was instant in asking if his alliance with Talli was in tune with the family's welfare. Oh man, finally she instigated him to say that she did it out of selfishness to clear her way towards Dushyant. I knew before he finished that he would be slapped again. With one experience, doesn't he know he needs to keep a safe distance from her?

I think Gulaal is immature here to think that she can bury the truth by slapping him again by saying he has no right to question her. Her immaturity and unrelenting stubbornness forces Kesar to finally tell her that he knew all along that Vasant was killed by Dushyant. His words cut her like a sword when he says she deceived everyone in the family and him. Kesar's unconditional love for her is evident that in spite of knowing all this, he feels hurt why Gulaal hid this truth from family. He nearly choked while saying "dhoka diya, apne Kesar ko'apne Kear ko. That was a fantastic rendition of the dialogue showing how much Kesar is attached to this woman in spite of all that he has known. Whats bothering him is that she did not reveal the truth to anyone and deceived HER KESAR. He has that "belonging" still.

I think that got Gulaal emotional too that he seemed not to ask but to blame her, not to doubt her integrity. When she says that, Kesar is all the more hurt and pained. He knows he shouldn't doubt but the circumstances make him think otherwise. When he sees her hurting, he feels more hurt especially his immediate regret for having said those words when Gulaal mentions that Vasant was and is her life. Her tears and swearing in the name of God that she has acted for the promise she gave to Vasant makes Kesar more confused.

Gulaal was merciless to Kesar today in making him run behind her. Kesar alerted her saying he would be forced to believe the circumstantial evidence. She said she didn't care what he thought about her. Kesar was literally begging her following her like a loyal animal requesting her to set things right as before.

Gulaal is unbelievable in making him a partner in crime by using her trump card about "FAITH". Ask him that and he says what if he says "HE HAS NO FAITH". That hurt her. Ahh!! She emotionally blackmails him saying if there is "NO FAITH"", then why bother questioning as he won't have faith in her answers too. That hurt him.

She uses her last "Astra, shastra" by mentioning Vasant. Again it hurts him that he takes a deep breath by closing his eyes.

In spite of that Kesar dismissed her saying "decide on the truth and lies, NOW, he wants an answer.He won't let her go, she won't answer him. Both are in their heights of anger. He looks for the importance she places for his feelings; Gulaal is already shocked about the turn of events that she wants to somehow evade him. Oh let me not go into details how she treated him, almost like dirt, saying things she ought not to have said, kaisa hak, who gave you, and so on, only Vasant has that right. The last thing that she told him was that he has no rights over her, leaving a tearful Kesar totally shattered and devastated.But on a positive note, she said only Vasant has that right over me before but never said that only Vasant will posthumously in future.

I felt really bad for Kesar who was left screaming saying she was not right. The "rights" factor has hit him hard and he too has decided she has no claims over him.

IAM SURPRISED AND SHOCKED at this GULAAL who has kept such a secret from Vasant's family, and also denies Vasant's brother Kesar any right to know the truth or declare to the whole world. Being on the wrong side she made him feel cheap and maligned. She doesn't care for what he feels. Kesar yelled saying he doesn't care for her, and she has no rights on him too. If she has no rights on him just like she says he doesn't have over her, who is she to decide about him and Talli. Her martyrdom for family??

His anger and frustration made him yell out to her as long as she could hear him. But the hurt over such devastating declaration from her makes him talk out loud enough to himself"Nahi hai tu sahi". Now we all know that, who would tell her.

Edited by MeySimi - 12 years ago
wow well said.. i dont know wats gonna happen now😕..i wont be able to continue watchin this show if he marries that idiot talli..😔
You know today's episode gave me such a headache. There wasn't a moment to grasp your breath. I had to remind myself that this is just a work of fiction. Gulaal and Kesar are not real but when the actors make it so convincing, it's hard not to get involved.

I agree with your post but feel so exhausted from the episode itself that I find it hard to think straight.
i know . it was everything we all wanted a G-K epi through and through and now that it happened, its difficult to think that so much came out in the open in just 1 epi and still the outcome is giving us a headache esp the precap.
Today's episode kesar took all my love .Only i was watching neil's acting.What a powerful action .Every episode neil surprises  me ..He should get the best telly actor award .He is the most talented actor now a days.

very nice episode but  😕😡 .I am realy mad on gulaal.if she does not feel for kesar ,it is ok but she should not  push kesar and talli togather .It is not good for both  talli and kesar .
Precap clip was a disaster...😲
@REEMZ, The serial is giving so much of a headache, my family refuses to watch it anymore!!!  Instead they have started watching the new one on star plus and are back to laughing with SNS.

@MeySimi - nice write up

The CVs are making it really hard to empathize with Gulaal - she seems extremely harsh and unfeeling.  I too agree - her refusal  to justify her attitude towards Dushyanth's hand in V's murder was incredulous.  Maybe we will see her sobbing in private about her slap no.2 and confiding to the 2dimensional photograph of Vasanth...And still she continued to console and promise Talli.

I felt today we saw Kesar's character take a huge step towards adulthood.  Even though he was seething, he took Gulaal to an isolated spot to query her.  Yes he threw a tantrum as she left oh-so-high-and-mightily, turning her back on him - the one crutch she had used to tie herself to Vasanth's family.  But his queries were honest and spot on.  She on the other hand was evasive and the cracks in her pedestal were wide open - sanctimonious is the only word that keeps coming to mind and the second slap was unwarranted.

I think that Kesar's gambit will be to strip her of every right and access she had to the family as his wife -something she refused to acknowledge today (confirming his worst fears).  I personally think that we are doomed to seeing bigamy 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢before the serial does its swan dance - but I do hope the CVs prove me wrong. 
I really want this serial have some positive note
s.....
Originally posted by trifolia

@REEMZ, The serial is giving so much of a headache, my family refuses to watch it anymore!!!  Instead they have started watching the new one on star plus and are back to laughing with SNS.

@MeySimi - nice write up

The CVs are making it really hard to empathize with Gulaal - she seems extremely harsh and unfeeling.  I too agree - her refusal  to justify her attitude towards Dushyanth's hand in V's murder was incredulous.  Maybe we will see her sobbing in private about her slap no.2 and confiding to the 2dimensional photograph of Vasanth...And still she continued to console and promise Talli.

I felt today we saw Kesar's character take a huge step towards adulthood.  Even though he was seething, he took Gulaal to an isolated spot to query her.  Yes he threw a tantrum as she left oh-so-high-and-mightily, turning her back on him - the one crutch she had used to tie herself to Vasanth's family.  But his queries were honest and spot on.  She on the other hand was evasive and the cracks in her pedestal were wide open - sanctimonious is the only word that keeps coming to mind and the second slap was unwarranted.

I think that Kesar's gambit will be to strip her of every right and access she had to the family as his wife -something she refused to acknowledge today (confirming his worst fears).  I personally think that we are doomed to seeing bigamy 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢before the serial does its swan dance - but I do hope the CVs prove me wrong. 
I really want this serial have some positive note
s.....
Thanks,
In PINK, classic statements.

The one bold in red,
I too felt that it was an adult talking, seeking explanations. I read elsewhere that Kesar was in a way helping Gulaal grow up along with him. I felt what she mentioned was true because, Gulaal is so closed and buried in too many lies to keep the family together. Her intention was good but in the process like Kesar said to her Tu sahi nahi hai, she was not right in the way she went about doing it. No one actually dares to speak up against her but Kesar is the only one who can especially given the fact that he knows her truth in and out.

May-simiWell written!  I am speechless about the episode.