Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Hey guys, I'm Aditi. So, basically I started watching this show only because of my sister, who's a HUGE Sanaya fan. I wasn't looking forward to it much, coz I'd thought that this show would be another run of the mill kinds. And am I glad to have been proved wrong. While I loved yesterday's episode, I liked today's even more. So here are some of my random thinky thoughts on today's episode.

Pride- Arnav's pride, Khushi's pride, Payal's pride. Arnav, as we have seen, is a proud, arrogant man, proud of what he has accomplished inspite of incredible odds, proud of the power he wields, more specifically, the power that his money wields. And this  kind of pride, more often than not,verges on arrogance.  And so, when yesterday, when beautiful, innocent Khushi stumbled onto that stage, more than anything, his ego was hurt. His only intent today was to hurt Khushi for spoiling his show, for bruising his ego, and humiliate her into telling him who sent her to sabotage his show.

And faced with his humiliation, we saw Khushi's pride. Even when cornered by Arnav, who made every possible attempt to break her down, she kept her back straight, chin up, and resolutely defied him. When he deliberately ripped the back of her dress to shame her even further, she didn't break. She kept her dignity, and gave it back to him the best she could. I would've loved her even more if she'd slapped him hard, but oh well, one step at a time.

Payal's pride-even after being jilted at the altar by the man who was supposed to be with her for the rest of her life, she was grace and dignity personified. She didn't break down-she understood that the man who willingly deserted her for money wasn't worth it and she supported her sister even though her world had literally crashed around her.

Prejudice- Arnav's prejudice against love, emotion, innocence, and all things tender was so visible today. His statement, " Shaadi toot gayi toh kya ? Tum jaisi ladkiyon ka kya hai-ek gaya doosra pakad logi" was laced with so much contempt for women as a whole that you wonder where all his bitterness stems from. His wellspring of hatred and bitterness is so deep, it makes me wonder if there was somebody who broke his heart in the past. It was only when Khushi threw back his words in his face and asked him whether he would be saying the same things if it was his sister instead, that his wall of hatred crumbled a bit.

Sibling bonds- Arnav only softened when Khushi mentioned his sister. Like we saw yesterday, the only person that Arnav actually cares about is his sister, and it was the mention of his sister that calmed the demon inside him today. The only one who matters to him is his sister, she's the only one who can break through his walls of hatred, bitterness, and arrogance.

On the other hand, we have Khushi and Payal. They aren't even biological sisters, as buaji so cruelly reminded Khushi today, but the love between them is so palpable-even when she was in so much pain, Payal comforted Khushi, and told her to ignore Buaji. Because blood may be thicker than water, but love is thicker than anything. And its love which binds Payal and Khushi, something which nobody can take away from them. As Payal told Khushi, "Tujh se zyada mera sagaa kaun hai ?" And Khushi, who stood up so bravely to Arnav, crumbled at the thought of hurting her beloved sister, so much so that the strong, defiant girl we saw yesterday and today finally crumbled. And it was the love for her sister and the thought of hurting her that broke her, something that Arnav inspite of his best efforts could not accomplish.

The precap looks great, I love how Khushi, stumbling and bumbling, clutching her jooti in her hand, is so determined to teach Arnav a lesson that he'll never forget. And Arnav is completely nonplussed and arrogant, as usual. I love how this show is shaping up, and I hope that it continues to live up to its promise.

Errr...I think I got a little carried away here. If my thinky thoughts are too rambling or too long, please feel free to ignore. LOL  LOL

-Aditi

The following 48 member(s) liked the above post:

_DreamDates_kashevmadhurya_chloveBarunValleyCinderella100kdg129yummoBBsangeeta9lakshmi_SGa little faithDiorRouge.veil_of_rosesOvi_TanniChocoholicAnamshypersonWooHooHaha21-Farrah-Anhdara13baryMelodiousDreamsLeah1ash91prejudicedIndigoBluesShiningStar18-Nymphadora-AmeresU-No-Poomomma1128PinkCinderellamadsshamilssdtvgojansajni786naz17555DiyaSSofna-Jyotika-CandYlicious_SFantasia.sunaina02aashizin.DarkParadise..HappyMelody-x-Reshu-x-.Angel-AquaMermaiden-JennyPenny

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pride, Prejudice, Siblings & other thinky thoughts" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aa123.80

IF-Sizzlerz

aa123.80

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
RES! ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

StarshineHues

Fantasia.

IF-Sizzlerz

Fantasia.

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
hey aditi!! .. i am kinza ..

lovely thoughts  .. agreed with everything ..

Pride and  prejudice .. arnav possess an extent of these .. but at the same time he has a soft heart for his sister .. but khushi is full of pride but is too innocent for prejudice , but is brave enough for her pride also .. loved what she did after her dress was ripped!! .. this is something EXTRA - ORDINARY!!  .. sibling bonding is beautiful .. above from blood bonds .. <3 <3 ... and above from all arrogance .. <3..

looking forward from more posts from you .. loved reading ur thoughts .. 

Edited by Fantasia. - 07 June 2011 at 10:06am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

_DreamDates_WooHooHaha21-Farrah-StarshineHuesCandYlicious_S-x-Reshu-x--AquaMermaiden-

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aa123.80

RES! ROFL

You'd better de-res useless person !! LOL   LOL  LOL  LOL
LOL

-Farrah-

IF-Rockerz

-Farrah-

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Additi its so wonderful to see a familiar face!

Im reserving but will definately come back and comment!Embarrassed

*Sweetie I commented on page 3*Embarrassed

Edited by -Farrah- - 07 June 2011 at 10:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

StarshineHues

-x-Reshu-x-

IF-Stunnerz

-x-Reshu-x-

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Hey AditiLOL i m ReetROFL if you don't rememberROFLLOL

awesome post as alwaysLOL i loved today's epiDay Dreaming do i need to say i completely agree with your thoughts and you write beautifully??LOL

Sanaya as Khushi was brilliant and so was Barun as ArnavTongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21StarshineHues

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fantasia.

hey aditi!! .. i am kinza ..

lovely thoughts  .. agreed with everything ..

Pride and  prejudice .. arnav possess an extent of these .. but at the same time he has a soft heart for her sister .. but khushi is full of pride but is too innocent for prejudice , but is brave enough for her pride also .. love what she did after her dress was ripped!! .. this is something EXTRA - ORDINARY!!  .. sibling bonding is beautiful .. above from blood bonds .. <3 <3 ... and above from all arrogance .. <3..

looking forward from more posts from you .. loved reading ur thoughts .. 

Thank you so much Kinza. Yeah, Arnav is full of arrogance and prejudices, while Khushi is innocence personified-it'll be interesting to see how these two go on after what happened between them.

I love the sibling bonds in this show too, I always hate it when shows restrict themselves to being just love stories.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting !!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21Fantasia.

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 07 June 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Farrah-

Additi its so wonderful to see a familiar face!

Im reserving but will definately come back and comment!Embarrassed

Farah di !! Hug  You're here, yay !! LOL  LOL 

I'm so glad you're here, and I'd love to read your thoughts, so de-reserve soon !! LOL  LOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.