Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Glad to be alive!!!

sai14 IF-Dazzler
sai14
sai14

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Hi everyone:

I am so glad to be alive and typing this now. Yesterday me, my brother and were in a car going to detroit. It was snowing heavily but we had to travel because of some emergency. We were in the highway and they didn't clean the roads. All of a sudden the car skid. My brother was driving, the car went off the road we were going on, went in to the median, and that median could also be called a ditch cause of its depth, took a 360 degree turn twice, went off to the oncoming traffic side, took a 360 degree turn there once. There were three lines on the oncmong traffic side, the car passed all those 3 lanes and this was all during it's 360 degree turn and went to the tip of the pavment. The remarkable thing was there was snow on the pavement and car never stops on snow. But as it was a god's miracle it stopped on ice. If it didn't stop on pavement, there was a lake nxt to the pavement and the car would have landed in that lake. One more miraculous thing was that when all this happened there were no cars in all three lanes in that side. If there was even one care i wouldn't be talking to u guys right now.

You know when the car was turning , i almost gave up on life. I told myself god i can't die. I have much more to accomplish in my life, i haven't even said good bye to anyone and you just can't take away my life. When the car didn't even stop in those three lanes i thought i am going to die. But thankfully nothing happened to none of us but just a bit shaked up

It was all a miracle. I am so glad that i am alive today and able to talk to u guys right now. It thought me the value of life. . just wanted to share it w/ u guys as u guys are very special to me!

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:03am | IP Logged

Thanks to GOD for the miracle. And thanks to you for sharing this experience with us. It was really close but miracles like this do happen and strengthen our trust in God.

What we call it in Hindi.. "Chamatkar ko namaskar"

I think you can share this with all the members of the forum. If you want I can move this topic to the general section where every one could read it.

Cheers,
Vijay

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:19am | IP Logged

Yes, thank God you made it out ok, Sai and are able to tell us about it! It's funny b/c I actually went through something VERY similar exactly a month ago.   Your story really struck a chord in me and brought back some memories--i hope you don't mind if I share my story with you as well.

Last month we had a really bad blizzard (for those of you who haven't been through a blizzard, it's when you get a HUGE amount of snow in a short period of time with very high winds), but I had to drive to take a standardized test in PA and on the way back from the exam it was snowing VERY heavily.  So heavily in fact, that people kept parking on the side of the highway to clear their windshield.  Well, suddenly on the left shoulder of the highway, a huge SUV zoomed by and dumped a ton of snow on my windshield.  Everything got dark and I couldn't see a thing, so I stopped the car.  Well unfortunately for me, there was a car in front of me, which I hit.  Luckily the other person didn't get hurt, and nothing happened to their car or my car.  But unfortunately I had severe neck pain due to the impact and I had to even go to a couple of sessions of physical therapy for it Ouch  I felt better within a couple weeks, but it was only recently that I became fully pain free Ouch

Despite the pain I went through, I felt really thankful to God that I came out of such a bad accident with only a sore neck.  I totally understand how you must have felt Sai and I am glad that God granted this miracle to both of us. Smile

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:27am | IP Logged

Thank God!!!

Well Being a bike riders since a 3 years I have experienced these godly moments where i have been close to god, but then its all in his hands and we done have a say in it, so  I thank him that you came out fine of it and wish you well.

Take care Sai .

Jammy.

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:28am | IP Logged
wow that was very lucky sai14and anjali  glad to know you guys are okay
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Gosh...

Good riddence to bad rubbish.....

Sai i am really glad that you are safe and sound...can't even dream about it...

Thanks Sai and Anju for sharing the pain with us...after all what are friends for..

I am glad both of you are safe and sound.
sai14 IF-Dazzler
sai14
sai14

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Thanks vijay and anju didi

anju that's scary Ouch I hate driving in the snow

vijay yeah can u move it to the general discussion for me? thanks
sai14 IF-Dazzler
sai14
sai14

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Thank you jammy , tani, and smisha

i thought falling on ice and breaking my leg was the worst thing that can happen.

I am so glad i am able to talk to u guys Smile

i guess i will be always grateful to god and not bother about the small things in my life

Go to top