Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Calling a girl you've never met...

vyxe thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi all,

I just have a question about phoning a girl that you've never met for the first time after someone has passed on their number to you (in this case an uncle).

I've never had a problem phoning someone i have met (even briefly) after getting their number myself (because at least i've had that initial contact).

However, maybe it's just me over thinking the situation but i can't really get past the awkwardness that i'm feeling about ringing up a random person and thinking about what to say, especially if the person may not be aware of the impending call?? 😳

Any ideas of the best way to break the ice?

Thanks,

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So an uncle gives u a number of a chick and asks u to call her?
potential spouse?

dude, that's just creepy because she has no idea that you have her number. that's kinda stalkerish.

why don't you approach her on facebook instead? like send her a message and tell her the situation.

for her, it would be easier to respond on facebook 
vyxe thumbnail
Thanks for the reply...

That's exactly why i find it a bit strange but apparently this sort of thing happens all the time...
My uncle has got her contact details from her father so she may be aware of someone possibly calling her.

But they just keep telling me to ring her "as if it's normal to do it this way" and arrange to meet her.

I don't have a problem with anything but the initial call and how to go about introducing myself without sounding stupid because it feels strange.

Facebook is a possibility however i wouldn't want her to form an opinion about me from browsing my profile or seeing things that friends say on there which may be perceived the wrong way if for example her type of humour is different to ours (lost in text translation).

manpreet887 thumbnail
Facebook would be your better option. Personally, I'd find it really awkward/weird if a guy(whom ive never met) called me randomly:S .. it's better on facebook. You don't need to send her a friend request if you are so worried about what she will think. just send her a private message.. and if you do add her you can limit her to see only what you want her to see on your profile thats not really a big deal.
GoldenPanda. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I'd recommend facebook as an initial approach. She won't be able to see your wall etc. unless you befriend her, and you don't have to. Just send her a private message to begin with.

If you'd rather call then you should probably begin by introducing yourself and telling her how you got her number and then, hopefully, when the ice breaks you can suggest that you guys meet up some time?

Then again if it were me (I'm a girl) I'd prefer to get contacted through FB from someone I don't even know rather than through the phone. Another thing that's good about reaching to her through FB is that you won't have to suffer through awkward silences. :)
Steadam2011 thumbnail
I thought i really really liked this girl i used to talk to all the time on msn messenger. She worked at the airport so she got a discount on a plane ticket, and flew all the way out here from across the country. I drove 2 hours each way to pick her up from the airport, and she was planning on staying a week. The chemistry just wasn't there and i think we actually got on eachothers nerves. We had sex a few times, and did whatever, i showed her around, but she ended up going home early by my choice

World Entertainment News

Edited by Steadam2011 - 12 years ago
uroojb thumbnail
only a creep will call someone like that