Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

poetic

IF-Rockerz

poetic

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -evanescence-

Agreed... Promos were natural,realistic and touched a cord. Unfortunately show has not done that yet. Maybe may expectations are too high. Cliches are there as you said... Besides that subtlety is missing. I wish they didnt show Priya  vocalizing  so many times her concept of love or idea of a right life partner. I have heard it 4 times already in 4 episodes. Cant some things be left unsaid... Cant they trust audience to understand some emotions without  spoon feeding them everything? I  want to watch this show, just hope that things remain a bit understated...

I so agree with you. They need to put a stop to this right now and get to their work of bringing up a creditable story around.

Something that is magical, beleivable and realistic ...

And I so wish not everybody would only eat, sleep and breathe about marriage ...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-evanescence-Sphallolaliaanizorshanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Creatives shd be Creative (Page 2)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

viewobs

viewobs

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poetic

And I so wish not everybody would only eat, sleep and breathe about marriage ...

So true :D
Ironic that the czarina of television(Herself a thorough business woman) gives such minute importance to working women. 
Hmmm I haven't watched all of them, but among the Balaji soaps I have watched the only working woman I remember is Prerna from KZK(and that Pallavi Joshi serial). The others worked and stopped as fitting the track.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorpoetic

poetic

IF-Rockerz

poetic

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by viewobs

Originally posted by poetic

So true :D
Ironic that the czarina of television(Herself a thorough business woman) gives such minute importance to working women. 
Hmmm I haven't watched all of them, but among the Balaji soaps I have watched the only working woman I remember is Prerna from KZK(and that Pallavi Joshi serial). The others worked and stopped as fitting the track.

Yes, that Pallavi Joshi serial was actually good, though it was not so hyped.

There was another good serial from BT many years back - Chhoti Si Asha - that too on Sony, starring Harsh Chhaya and Churni Ganguly . It was sucha  lovely show, I did watch most of the episodes, but unfortunately I am not sure whether the episodes are available on the net.
Such strong characterisations and such beautiful portrayals.

Would leave anyone misty-eyed.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anizor

suwas

IF-Dazzler

suwas

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
So far I liked the show. Promos made our expectations high  & agree that beginning is different than that. Promo's were much better. But  they just establishing the background. Later when Ram Priya get married it will get interesting.

Bloopers unfortunately are part & parcel of hindi shows & movies...whether we like it not. ...may not people here ...but general audience does or otherwise movies like Dubang, Golamal series won't do better on boxoffice than Guzarish , Stanley ka Dabba.Sheila or Munni song or  won't bag awards than My name is khan songs.Shows like Bidai, Yeh Rishta run much longer than a story about ordinary wowen Ladies special

NRI kids I know always laugh how in hindi movies everything is spelled out than being subtle( a character alway had to say" mujhe bohot gusssa aaraha hai & not just show with expressions).

While watching hindi shows you have to accept some flaws.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anizor

poetic

IF-Rockerz

poetic

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
@suwas - valuable points.

But here, apart from the story, we are all talking about bloopers as well. Why do we need to accept them as part and parcel of such shows? Especially when they come attached with such expectations? And especially when a show boasts to be the by-product of a bigger stable, forget its insignificant sisters?

As viewers/ consumers, we are entitled to good products. Tell me, when we purchase a consumer durable, do we accept any of its faulty part as 'part and parcel' of the manufacturing process? No, we don't. In case, it doesn't live upto our expectations or there is a fault, we get it rectified. Here, the constructive criticism is mainly for that - for the Creative Team to realise that they are running bloopers after bloopers in the name of a serial, not researched properly at all, resting on the laurels and shoulders of the two leads, which is not at all fair, not for them and neither for us.

Story is stale - as of yet. In contrast, the promos were refreshing.

Sad that a lot of good shows don't get such promotion and limelight 'cos they don't have big names attached. And some good actors don't get second chances. Really sad ...

suwas

IF-Dazzler

suwas

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Bloopers are part & parcel of hindi shows & movies as wel. I remember during Kasam Se days there used be a thread for daily bloopers & it was very active with big list. Had checked out LTL few times & there main character Nakusha disguises herself as being ugly by covering herself with ash or something similar...isn't tehre huge difference between that & noturral black color & wouldn't taht come off when she washes hand or how come she didn't get washed off in rain...living in Mumbai its impossible not to wet at least part of your body in rain for 3 mths of monsoon.

remmebr a movie I saw long time ago when Sanjay Dutta comes in with bullet injury in stomach & Dimple Kapadia takes out hhis brain tumor( tada he is cured of brain cancer) @ the same time. That was a hit movie @ the time it was releases. Rab Ne the whole basis was ridiculous about Anushka not recognizing her husand in different outfit...another hit movie. Unfortunately list is long. majority of people overlook such thiings if they like storyline or actors( sometimes I wonder for what?)

SuganthiS

Goldie

SuganthiS

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
At the end of the day, its all in the hands of the viewers. There are serials which you feel should not be at no 1 or garner high TRPs and yet they do...why...because the audience watch the show. As online audience, many of us don't really determine the fate of any serial.

Having said this, I feel that BALH cannot be judged just on 4 episodes, just like any other Indian serial as they are TRP and audience driven. A lot of times, the channel and PH do take into account what the audience want. Plus, personally I felt that each episode got better than the previous one last week. 

But as they say, to each his own...everyone has the right to their own opinion and judgement. As I had mentioned in the beginning, at the end of the day, its the Indian audience who determine which serial stays and which doesn't.

Edited by SuganthiS - 05 June 2011 at 10:13am

poetic

IF-Rockerz

poetic

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Nice to see you have a whole repertoire of bloopers for Hindi shows and movies. LOL Damn interesting, must say!

But you seem to have missed something. I have never said that bloopers don't exist elsewhere -either in movies or soaps. Actually some books also have bloopers, inspite of such careful editing and stuff.

The issue is that people as viewers or audiences have certain expectations - and especially if the show is hyped to be different, more so the expectations. Am not saying that things may not improve or change - the basic point of all these heartburn is to make these changes happen so that the final outcome is nice, realistic and romantic - something that will touch a chord with everybody, since the issue is really big and is assuming a great importance all over.

I have not watched LTL (sorry LTL fans) but I guess Nakusha wasn't standing under the Mumbai rains throughout.Wink Though I like SRK a lot, haven't watched RNBDJ 'cos I didn't like the storyline. But why should that stop me or any of us from demanding quality stuff for shows and movies that we want to watch? Or should we just quote the statistics, Indian-style, and stay mum, waiting for a crusader to rise as a phoenix and solve these problems for us?

Am sure we are not expecting Oscar stuff over here, but at least the simple things can be kept simple and correct, like the TOEFL class and taking over a company, etc. Or is it something great that we are asking for from the czarina of Indian television? With relevant stats, it definitely seems so.

Smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.