Creatives shd be Creative

Posted: 12 years ago
OK I may make a few people mad here.
I watched this show because I was bowled over by the promos.
Balaji has money , good actors and such.
The videos are usually good.
THe show has a good concept. An unconventional marriage

The only thing to ask is that she can treat it nicely.
Sadly she is still going by her used up battered formula: (At least going by what has been posted about the story).

Goody good girl takes care of family-goody goody guy with big family-super expensive homes-passing each other on the way-thankless siblings-ridiculous job settings(English lecturer in a college woud have been ok BTW)- evil saas who will make life of the bahu miserable...
What I mean is, the show has so much potential. But if it is going the way of all her old soaps -boy meets girl-girl marries into family with evil ppl- with the only difference being the characters' age, I don't know what to say.

Oh, The only change I have found is Priya's wardrobe. Usually the goody heroine wears only salwar. Priya is all jeans and stuff. Sadly when she's married, she is going to be clad in heavy saris.

Originally posted by viewobs

OK I may make a few people mad here.
I watched this show because I was bowled over by the promos.
Balaji has money , good actors and such.
The videos are usually good.
THe show has a good concept. An unconventional marriage

The only thing to ask is that she can treat it nicely.
Sadly she is still going by her used up battered formula: (At least going by what has been posted about the story).

Goody good girl takes care of family-goody goody guy with big family-super expensive homes-passing each other on the way-thankless siblings-ridiculous job settings(English lecturer in a college woud have been ok BTW)- evil saas who will make life of the bahu miserable...
What I mean is, the show has so much potential. But if it is going the way of all her old soaps -boy meets girl-girl marries into family with evil ppl- with the only difference being the characters' age, I don't know what to say.

Oh, The only change I have found is Priya's wardrobe. Usually the goody heroine wears only salwar. Priya is all jeans and stuff. Sadly when she's married, she is going to be clad in heavy saris.

I hope after marriage, her saris are not too heavy and she also wears suites! Edited by nkapoor - 12 years ago
Also I hope the creative can make rams life style a little simple
I mean 5 car follwing his or 2 body guards while jogging well I found that too ridiculous
He is rich but simple living wud seem
Better
I think that's the only way Ekta knows how to make serials. And also the formula for her successes. And once something becomes a hit/success, then it's very rare to find people willing to try a new method.

And I'd like Priya to maintain her sensible/simple style of dressing after marriage (which I think she will) & not dress up like a christmas tree just because she's Ram Kapoor's wife or the Kapoor khandaan's bahu.
i liked the show and was totally not disappointed with it because it was very relateable.I am only afraid that later on the story should not become like her other shows.Beginning is very nice.
If I were to trade places with the creative's I would've kick started the show with one of the promo's like the balcony 'Kamaal hai' one...
 loved the intensity and tenderness portrayed in the promo's lets hope the creative's marry Ram and Priya sooner rather than later... and cash in on the FAB promos' ...yeah,  also not make them marry/remarry etc too many times ðŸ˜‰
Edited by trinket - 12 years ago
Thanks for the post.

I was really excited when I heard about the Show and was looking forward to it. In fact, I have been waiting patiently all the while. So when the promos started, I was ecstatic.

Forgive me friends, I know Ram is a great actor, but I wish he was a bit leaner. I know this issue has been beaten to death over here, and I don't want to relight the fire - it's just my personal opinion. Over 40, doesn't mean one has to be literally over the hills - am talking about the character here. Many of us had seen Mohnish Behl in KGGK and he was so dashing. Not comparing absolutely. But I am sure Ram will make up for it with his expressions and acting.

Well, I really liked Sakshi - only I wanted her to be a more stronger character. Maybe that will be revealed as the story progresses. Agreed there is a sense of loneliness in such a situation, but she doesn't need to be feel like a doormat or be a Ms. Goody Two Shoes. In fact, I liked her interactions with her Father. That relation is growing on me. Actually.

Guess for an Ekta show, I was expecting too much. I agree with viewobs. Since this is a special show, the treatment should have been different and Balaji should have stayed away from the obvious - in terms of similar background score, garishly made up Moms, plastic expressions on some faces and the oh-so-angelic leads. A bit of spice is definitely needed.

And the bloopers - My God! Will someone please look into them and ensure that they are not there?

Agreed... Promos were natural,realistic and touched a cord. Unfortunately show has not done that yet. Maybe may expectations are too high. Cliches are there as you said... Besides that subtlety is missing. I wish they didnt show Priya  vocalizing  so many times her concept of love or idea of a right life partner. I have heard it 4 times already in 4 episodes. Cant some things be left unsaid... Cant they trust audience to understand some emotions without  spoon feeding them everything? I still want to watch this show, just hope that things remain a bit understated, not this explicit...
Edited by -evanescence- - 12 years ago
Originally posted by -evanescence-

Agreed... Promos were natural,realistic and touched a cord. Unfortunately show has not done that yet. Maybe may expectations are too high. Cliches are there as you said... Besides that subtlety is missing. I wish they didnt show Priya  vocalizing  so many times her concept of love or idea of a right life partner. I have heard it 4 times already in 4 episodes. Cant some things be left unsaid... Cant they trust audience to understand some emotions without  spoon feeding them everything? I  want to watch this show, just hope that things remain a bit understated...

I so agree with you. They need to put a stop to this right now and get to their work of bringing up a creditable story around.

Something that is magical, beleivable and realistic ...

And I so wish not everybody would only eat, sleep and breathe about marriage ...
Originally posted by poetic

And I so wish not everybody would only eat, sleep and breathe about marriage ...

So true :D
Ironic that the czarina of television(Herself a thorough business woman) gives such minute importance to working women. 
Hmmm I haven't watched all of them, but among the Balaji soaps I have watched the only working woman I remember is Prerna from KZK(and that Pallavi Joshi serial). The others worked and stopped as fitting the track.