Bade Acche Laggte Hai

I wanted to take a sabbatical: Sakshi

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

shrutireddygr8

shrutireddygr8

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged

After ruling the audiences' hearts for eight long years, Indian television's favourite Parvati bhabhi is back. Having taken a long gap from daily soaps, television actress Sakshi Tanwar has returned to the daily scene with yet another daily — Bade Acche Lagte Hain on Sony TV.

The actress, who had become a household name following her role in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, was seen doing cameos and turning host for a few episodes for a few shows. DNA caught up with Sakshi to find out about life after the wrap of Kahani and more…

Talking about her long break, Tanwar says, "For eight years when I worked on Kahani, I hardly had anytime for myself. With a daily, you end up working around the clock and that's what I did too. So after Kahani's wrap up, I promised myself, however tempting an offer may be, I will first take a long break, which I truly deserved. I wanted to take a sabbatical. For almost 16 months, I didn't do anything and just travelled to different places and enjoyed myself thoroughly. After that, I got many offers but they didn't excite me as much."

Ask her about her role as Teepri in Balika Vadhu, she says, "That was a role that gave me a scope to perform as an actor. Since I played a negative character, it was something new for audiences too. That role was different from the roles I played in the past. Then I did a travel show and also did Crime Patrol. For Bade Acche… when the role was narrated to me, I loved it instantly. I feel that one can fall in love with their spouse after marriage and late marriages do take place. And I realised this is the perfect opportunity to make a come back."

Her current show is a love story of a middle-aged married couple. As per the rumours doing the rounds, it was said that Tanwar took a break to get married. But that hasn't happened. Quiz her about it and she says, "These are just baseless rumours I just don't understand where they come from. I don't wish to clarify such silly things," she ends.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_i-wanted-to-take-a-sabbatical-sakshi-tanwar_1550588

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveMishal-Shonaa-FebruaryFlowerpoeticshruthiR

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I wanted to take a sabbatical: Sakshi" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

poetic

IF-Rockerz

poetic

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.