very old artical of shilpa anand

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

KaShgirl

KaShgirl

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:17pm | IP Logged

Shilpa Anand 

PRERNA SHAH, TNN, Aug 13, 2007, 12.00am IST

Shilpa Anand didn't want to be a Southern superstar (TOI Photo)Television's rising star Shilpa Anand tells AT why films are a no-no and soaps are fun

You have seen her in numerous advertisements; peering out of the television screen in your drawing room.

Oh yes, she also starred in a dud at the box office, a Hindi film calledIqraar By Choice , but this is Shilpa Anand's first official entry to television in terms of doing a serial.

She will star in a hospital series, considered to be sort of a sequel to a popular serial.

Sister of Telugu super star Sakshi Shivanand, Shilpa who spent her childhood growing up in Africa and US came to India while she was in class VIII. To those who think that only beauties without brains turn to acting, Shilpa has actually studied to be a software professional.

I did work in a financial company for a while. I got an offer to do a Telugu movie, which I did. I think the glamour bug stuck me quite by chance, and I left the software industry for good," she says.

I quickly realised that I didn't want to work down South. There was a language barrier and besides like my sister I didn't really fancy being a superstar there. I wanted to do mainstream work," explains Shilpa.

She admits that her first film didn't do too well and she opted for doing a lot of television commercials. "I didn't want to be slated as a B-grade actress and those were the kind of offers I was getting.

Even if I had a good role, I would never get a good audience if I did those kinds of films. I was happy doing commercials and then when the role of this serial was offered to me, I saw it as a great platform.

She plays the role of a 21-year old medical intern in the serial, one who is warm, kind and good natured. "Am I like that in real life?," she laughs with a glint of mischief and says, "Maybe, maybe not!

With her first serial being launched at the end of this month she says she will concentrate on the small screen for the time being.

I am happy with the character I play. Thankfully, it's not a weepy-washy kind of a role and I am going to have a lot of fun playing it. Besides, I don't think I am going to get back to being a software professional. As for films, I can only do it if I get a good break. Watch out for the 'gentle' doctor!

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2007-08-13/news-interviews/27969917_1_shilpa-anand-first-film-hindi-film

i knw its a very old artical of shona but i think its not posted on IF soTongue

Edited by KaShgirl - 02 June 2011 at 11:19pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "very old artical of shilpa anand" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top