Balika Vadhu

Child Marriage Laws: The Flip Side (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 9

Page 1 Page 7
Page   of 9
Page 9 Page 9

divmath

Goldie

divmath

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fiddub

Originally posted by divmath

Infact...if anyone tries going to the court...the people who will be behind bars would be Bhairon, Sumitra, DS, and Anandi's parents for committing the crime of Child Marriage...

You may be right, Their marriage may not be legal divya but Jagya did not call it Null and Void either.. there must be significance to it. BTW Is there a time period within which a marriage done by religious ceremony has to be registered with the registrar to be made Legal? I dont think Bhairon is irresponsible as to ignore registering his son's marriage once they attained majority.. but if he had, then Jagya wouldnt have so confidently said that his 1st marriage is illegal...

anyways, i think the CV's are goin to ignore this issue anyway. Since they are just going to show Anandi studying further (she's anyway being maintained for by her in-laws). so it may not make any difference to them.

Yes the CV's are trying to show this aspect...they are just portraying child marriage as illegal...and now Anandi will be studying...I dont think they will bring these intricate details into a fictional storyline in a daily soap...its too complicated...and its more about providing the child bride with a security..which anyways Anandi has in this case...because Bhairon will not let her be abandoned...so this issue doesnt arise...and I dont think Bhairon has registered their marriage...for a marriage to be registered both the bride and groom have to sign on the marriage certificate...like how Jag and Gauri did...with two witnesses...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fiddu-b

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Child Marriage Laws: The Flip Side (Page 8)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vidyasu1

Groupbie

vidyasu1

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 2:59am | IP Logged
 Ninety percent of Indian marriages are not registered. This does not make them illgeal. If this were true the marriages of most of our parents -- definitely my parents and that of all my friends, and many of my friends themselves -- would be illegal. When issues of illegality arise, what is important is that there are witnesses to the marriage and there are additonal proofs in the form of  wedding card, photos etc. That is why usually  guests are called for weddings -- so that they are many witnesses. In Delhi, where the government has a scheme for assisting brides from poor families, all that they ask by way of proof is the wedding card. A marriage in a temple and any marriage conducted by a priest is as valid as one registered in a court of law. If this was not so, there would be chaos in this country, with all  the husbands being able to abandon their wives!!.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hookedankit111tiny15Suchi-

groucho

IF-Rockerz

groucho

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 3:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vidyasu1

Ninety percent of Indian marriages are not registered. This does not make them illgeal. If this were true the marriages of most of our parents -- definitely my parents and that of all my friends, and many of my friends themselves -- would be illegal. When issues of illegality arise, what is important is that there are witnesses to the marriage and there are additonal proofs in the form of  wedding card, photos etc. That is why usually  guests are called for weddings -- so that they are many witnesses. In Delhi, where the government has a scheme for assisting brides from poor families, all that they ask by way of proof is the wedding card. A marriage in a temple and any marriage conducted by a priest is as valid as one registered in a court of law. If this was not so, there would be chaos in this country, with all  the husbands being able to abandon their wives!!.

You have a point...registration is a very recent phenomenon.

But I think in this case legalities in the way we perceive it in reality is not applicable simply because so much of what has been shown is improbable and unlikely although BV has still stuck to more facts than any other serial. I feel here what we are seeing is more symbolic than literal and that is what we have to work with.

It remains to be seen what is going to happen because both Anandi and Jagya's marriage (shown very often now in flashbacks) and Gauri and Jagya's marriage are being repeatedly shown. Now whether I am reading too much into this has to be seen.

I do hope the CV's stick to some form of reality and let us then perceive what we see.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Suchi-

ankit111

IF-Rockerz

ankit111

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by groucho

<font size="2">Ninety percent of Indian marriages are not registered. This does not make them illgeal. If this were true the marriages of most of our parents -- definitely my parents and that of all my friends, and many of my friends themselves-- would be illegal. When issues of illegality arise, what is important is that there are witnesses to the marriage and thereare additonal proofs in the form of wedding card, photos etc. That is why usually guests are called for weddings -- so that they are many witnesses. In Delhi, where the government has a scheme for assisting brides from poor families, all that they ask by way of proof is the wedding card. A marriage in a temple and any marriage conducted by a priest is as valid as one registered in a court of law. If this was not so, there would be chaos in this country, with all the husbands being able to abandon their wives!!.
</div>
<div>
</font>

But I think in this case legalities in the way we perceive it in reality is not applicable simply because so much of what has been shown is improbable and unlikely although BV has still stuck to more facts than any other serial. I feel here what we are seeing is more symbolic than literal and that is what we have to work with.

It remains to be seen what is going to happen because both Anandi and Jagya's marriage (shown very often now in flashbacks) and Gauri and Jagya's marriage are being repeatedly shown. Now whether I am reading too much into this has to be seen.

I do hope the CV's stick to some form of reality and let us then perceive what we see.

Hi Aditi ji. How r u. Our whole gang is here. My band bajao mission is continue only is bar poor Anmol come in the way. Isliye thoda sweetly doing. LOL LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15Suchi-

groucho

IF-Rockerz

groucho

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankit111

Originally posted by groucho

<font size="2">Ninety percent of Indian marriages are not registered. This does not make them illgeal. If this were true the marriages of most of our parents -- definitely my parents and that of all my friends, and many of my friends themselves-- would be illegal. When issues of illegality arise, what is important is that there are witnesses to the marriage and thereare additonal proofs in the form of wedding card, photos etc. That is why usually guests are called for weddings -- so that they are many witnesses. In Delhi, where the government has a scheme for assisting brides from poor families, all that they ask by way of proof is the wedding card. A marriage in a temple and any marriage conducted by a priest is as valid as one registered in a court of law. If this was not so, there would be chaos in this country, with all the husbands being able to abandon their wives!!.
</div>
<div>
</font>

Hi Aditi ji. How r u. Our whole gang is here. My band bajao mission is continue only is bar poor Anmol come in the way. Isliye thoda sweetly doing. LOL LOL

Hi Ankit, I am very happy to see you here...ha ha ...Intruderfast has come in the way has he?? Well, I am sure you are good at what you are doing in whichever way.

I hardly come online because it just is not the same anymore. Ironic isn't it that in this Forum members disagree with each other and still get on well.SmileSmile

Edited by groucho - 06 June 2011 at 3:51am

mhkadiwal

mhkadiwal

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged

The link talks about  methods of annulling or calling a child marriage void...doesnt say that "Child Marriage is Legal" anywhere...Child marriage was is and will be illegal...I dont think there is a law written anywhere which says Child Marriage is Legal...NO WAY...

There are provisions for the child bride who was abandoned...there are various methods to call off the marriage...etc etc which you stated...

A marriage is India or anywhere for that matter will be "Legal" only and only if it is "Registered in the Court"...which was not the case in Jag-Anandi marriage...hence it is ILLEGAL

Non registration of a marriage does not make a marriage illegal as is the current rule. As registration of marriage is a state subject, some states have enacted rules for compulsory registration, but even there non registration does not effect the validity of marriage.It would be a welcome step to register all marriage as it will surely curb the practice of child marriage.As it is also a directive by the Supreme Court, but it is yet to be implemented by all states.

Granted a child marriage isn't legal but it isn't illegal either.Bizarre!! The law says the government shall try and stop child marriage from taking place; but once it takes place, it can't be annulled.So all a cop has to do is pretend that he hasn't seen the child marriage taking place right before his eyes .

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

woman11tiny15Suchi-

ankit111

IF-Rockerz

ankit111

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 4:16am | IP Logged
@Aditi jii .ya Thts the beauty. We do leg pulling and nobody offended. Wish it wd hv been the same in other place LOL LOL LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pjyogrouchotiny15

groucho

IF-Rockerz

groucho

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mhkadiwal

The link talks about  methods of annulling or calling a child marriage void...doesnt say that "Child Marriage is Legal" anywhere...Child marriage was is and will be illegal...I dont think there is a law written anywhere which says Child Marriage is Legal...NO WAY...

There are provisions for the child bride who was abandoned...there are various methods to call off the marriage...etc etc which you stated...

A marriage is India or anywhere for that matter will be "Legal" only and only if it is "Registered in the Court"...which was not the case in Jag-Anandi marriage...hence it is ILLEGAL

Non registration of a marriage does not make a marriage illegal as is the current rule. As registration of marriage is a state subject, some states have enacted rules for compulsory registration, but even there non registration does not effect the validity of marriage.It would be a welcome step to register all marriage as it will surely curb the practice of child marriage.As it is also a directive by the Supreme Court, but it is yet to be implemented by all states.

Granted a child marriage isn't legal but it isn't illegal either.Bizarre!! The law says the government shall try and stop child marriage from taking place; but once it takes place, it can't be annulled.So all a cop has to do is pretend that he hasn't seen the child marriage taking place right before his eyes .

True and isn't that a tragedy...young lives ruined by practices of age-old rituals. When will people learn.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mhkadiwalfiddu-bpjyoankit111tiny15Suchi-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top