Balika Vadhu

Child Marriage Laws: The Flip Side (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 9

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 9
Page 6 Page 9

Dr3viL

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

riddhithakerSerial-Addictandvnutmeg7hookedvivacious_priyaRach-dctiny15Suchi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Child Marriage Laws: The Flip Side (Page 5)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rach-dc

IF-Rockerz

Rach-dc

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Thanks for making this post. I never realized that this is still happening in India. So whats being shown in the show in terms of Jagat dumping Anandi and going after Gauri is a reality, exactly what is happening in the name of child marriageShocked. I am shocked, a big applause to the CV's in bringing that to light.  I really hope they show the right message here so the children involved can learn a lesson. Girls sho gets dumped this way should be larning from Anandi in terms of finishing their studies and breaking their dependancies on the so called beendhs. Boys involved should learn a lesson from the disaster that Jagats life is to become that it is not acceptable to leave the wife to rot in the name of illegalities, they should be man enough to accept the responsibilities or if they just cannot accept the marriage when they grow up - first they should not use their wives the way Jagat used Anandi and secondly they should help the girl to build a life of her own and not just dump them like a piece of used cloth.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mhkadiwalSerial-Addictandvvivacious_priyatiny15Suchi-

riddhithaker

riddhithaker

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
@woman11, Thank you for posting this information. It's so sad that this type of stuff still exists in India which is a country pushing forward into the future to be an open-minded and advanced country.

@ drphill, I really agree with you that if there's no big organisation talking addressing this issue, we should all find a way to publise it. Right now, it's so easy to communicate over the world with all the different social media, I think individual people globally can all come together and really make a difference!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mhkadiwalandvtiny15

avyarima

avyarima

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Waw! I feel really bad for these girls and their family. I really wish something can be done to help them...May the Lord give them the heart the strength to stand up for themselves and find Love...Amen.

In the Case of BV, Jagya and Gauri did nothing wrong falling in love.
But Jagya is doing many things wrong...My POV.
Only time shall tell if Gauri and Jagya's love is true.
When i read about constumation of Marriage between Jagya and Anandi, for me it sounds like after the seperation. they just meet and went of bed together. That was not it. Jagya waited for Anandi, he cried for her, wrote her every month for 5 years, the stop talking to DS for 5 years just because he thought she was the cause of their separation.  he was ready to fight any one Against Anandi. He could not even stay away from her (he goes a far distance every festival  just to see her face). After she came back they had all those romantic Indian love on TV. Even after their main night he was kind, loving,and romantic towards Anandi just like any other  adult marriage, they were friends, lover, and partners . So when i read comments It feels like. They were married and when they grew up they had sex ...because of mere attraction. I dont feel that was true.
That why i always feel bad for Gauri, all the filmly love, and about leaving his family for her ...its all crap. He didnt talk with DS for 5 years for Anandi(and he was even younger).
Am not saying he doesnt love Gauri all am saying is ...I don't see any new challenge worst then he had when with Anandi that proves his Love to Gauri. Following her Home and crying in rain?...he traveled to Anandi's Village crying in rain because he doesn't want her to go ..."he cant leave without her".(don't say its friendship because at that time the started having real feeling for her that why the parents separated them)
So for me only time shall tell if he loves Gauri, because its clear to me even after all these with Anandi, he treated her like trash and he doesn't really love her.
Wishing Gauri good luck with her Marriage ...I know how much she loves him and i hope he loves her back. Next thing for her to do now is to clear that mess. I know its not her responsibility, but marrying Jagya means helping him make amends with Anandi, and his family. Jagya must ask for forgiveness for treating Anandi the way he did, if not their Marriage will not be blessed...God will not just sleep and let Jagya be happy just like that...Karma is a Bitch!

Edited by avyarima - 03 June 2011 at 10:49pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mhkadiwalandvRach-dctiny15Suchi-

khusi_*

IF-Stunnerz

khusi_*

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
As far as supporting characters r concerned...it so normal ppl r getting attached to them who they like!!...i too supported jagiya anandi before gauri's entry...not like i am supporting child marriage...but i thought at that time the ill effects can be shown keeping jagiya-anandi together...as cvs show the ill effect of mismatch marriage keeping basant-gehena together...but i accept that i was wrong...that is not the case i thought of...once i knew that cvs r trying show a life of a rejected wife...i never support them anymore!!
Bv is more concentrating on showing the problems in a girl's life who is a victim of child marriage till now...once she overcomes all the hurdles in her life becomes successful...i think they gonna show...how she takes up the issues of rights of the victims of child marriage!...whether it is to prevent child marriage by creating awareness or giving help who r suffering because of it!!!
And fortheir legal rights ...i want to see some strong protests for them...like in case of egypt's facebook protest or recent protest going on in delhi!!
recently i saw NDTV's campaign on tv called "jeene ki asha"...in rajasthan where they show 2 boys were getting married to 2 sisters respectively(child marriages)...where one boy is 11 and his bride is just 9...the girl left the school!!...the parents did both marriages at a time to cut the costs(they r poor)...when the reporters brought this matter to higher authorities, they simply said we were not received any complain rite now...will take action as soon as possible...thats it!

Edited by khusi_* - 04 June 2011 at 3:04am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mhkadiwalandvtiny15Suchi-

vidyasu1

Groupbie

vidyasu1

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged
 woman11, fantastic post. You have made a serious point and I think any factional fight over it just takes away from the seriousness of the issue. I agree with you totally that if Jagya decided to marry again, he should first fulfil his responsibility towards his child bride. I think it is cruel to argue that JA marriage was illegal therefore J can do what he wants. What about Anandi? Is she not a human being? Can we just say: Fine J has fallen out of love, so leave A to her own devices? Too bad if she 's hurt, it can't be helped. What if she didn't have a supporting sasra? She would be out on the streets with no one to care of her -- exactly as the girls you have mentioned in your three cases. 

I think the child marriage issue is very much like the child labour issue. Both are illegal but both are realities. In child labour too, it is the child that suffers when illegality is invoked, Because often the child is fed on the income that he or she earns. Without that earning the child's condition will be even worse. So when we ban cruel acts, we must creat a support system for the victims. it is easy to say that let the child bride study or get married to a nice person. But the victim has no means of supporting herself. The law should give full legal rights to child brides -- in fact that can be a deterrent against men like Jagya who get away without fufilling their obligations,. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mhkadiwalandvhookedRach-dctiny15Suchi-

mhkadiwal

mhkadiwal

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
There is no law in India which says that Anandi / Jagya marriage was illegal.
The Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929 ,last amended as THE PROHIBITION OF CHILD MARRIAGE ACT, 2006, was enacted with a view to restraining solemnisation of child marriages. The Act was subsequently amended in 1949 and 1978 in orderto raise the age limit of the male and female persons for the purpose of marriage. The Act, though restrains solemnisation of child marriages yet it does not declare them to be void or invalid. The solemnisation of child marriages is punishable under the Act.
So a person married has the same rights as in any legal marriage.There is option to get a marriage declare null in court upto a time limit.Maintenance,residence is of husband's/husband's family's responsibility.
The child marriage laws as such are sufficient to protect a child bride.

fiddu-bRach-dcsmartcSuchi-khusi_*

smartc

IF-Rockerz

smartc

BhagyaVidhata Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Agree with mhkadiwal there. Since Jagat has been shown to be studying in medical school for 5 years, I am sure that he is way past the age of 23 and I reckon Anandi to be 2 years younger than him, right? I have been watching this show since it started and I remember each and every episode. While the act of child marriage is despicable, my problem never existed in what Jagat's eventual choice in life was regarding his life partner. My disgust for his character stemmed from how shady he became over time. He deceived both girls and there is just no reason that can justify his antics towards Anandi or the rest of his family than the fact that he tried to blend into the modernized urban life and forgot all about his roots, which is yet another issue that was amazingly portrayed through his actions post his move to the city.

@ woman11: Amazing citations there!! ClapClap I was introduced to this real life issue when BV started and I was just flabbergasted to think that these marriages existed in reality. Now we have a fictional soap where we have a loving father-in-law in Bhairov and the sweetheart of a mother-in-law of Anandi in the form of Sumitra. But I can't forget the tears poor Anandi had to shed during childhood when those books were taken away from her and when she had to stay and serve everyone in the family and then finish the homework of her so-called hubby who was NEVER interested in studies... (That's another issue of just how Jagat got interested in doing medical school which is one of the hardest education to undertake, esp when he had no interest in studies during childhood...Guess anything can happen in soaps :P). Anyhow, I feel vindicated to a certain extent for Anandi today when Dadisa gave her the pen and allowed her to use laptop and study to win this battle. But reality remains that most of the rural areas lack education to begin with and u can't expect them to treat their young and naive daughters-in-law/child brides in the same manner as Anandi was treated. Reality remains that most of them are treated even worse than what we saw in the show over the course of years. In a way, I am glad that Anandi is getting a chance to pursue her education again but I truly do hope they don't show her accepting Jagat back in her life. That would really put me off the show then.. If we are advocating the evil issue of child marriage, then let's stick with it and show how each party is able to move on with his or her life in a peaceful manner. If the show was to end tomorrow, I would want Jagat to apologize to Anandi for his rude and obnoxious behavior in the past and for Anandi to become more successful than him to show that a girl can achieve anything in her life given a chance :)

Sorry about my ramblings, folks but BV has got me really excited these days. Its such a great show and I hope it continues to show things under the right light :))

Cheers,
Sana~

Edited by smartc - 04 June 2011 at 11:46pm

mhkadiwalRach-dctiny15Suchi-khusi_*

Post Reply New Post

Go to top